Status
Not open for further replies.
A Goofy Movie! Hell yes! :cool:
Give the lady a prize!
powerline_by_chill07-d3evodf.jpg

1. What's happening in the world of video games?
  2. How are famous 80's toy lines like GI Joe and He-Man doing? I think that Mattel making proper game adaptations of their toy properties would be profitable. Especially since they didn't really last past the blocky Atari Era graphics in OTL.
  3. Who owns the toy rights for Star Wars? Because I doubt that Kenner will be lucky enough to get them in TTL.

2. How are famous 80's toy lines like GI Joe and He-Man doing? I think that Mattel making proper game adaptations of their toy properties would be profitable. Especially since they didn't really last past the blocky Atari Era graphics in OTL.
  3. Who owns the toy rights for Star Wars? Because I doubt that Kenner will be lucky enough to get them in TTL.

Yep i doubt Kerner would be making star war's toys because there owned by Donald Trump

The frist chaotix crew game is sheduled to come out in 95. NO rooster been confirmed but three of the slots are most likely filled by Mighty Ray and Amy since they have been confimed to hav appeared in the mighty the armadillo games. I hope the first Chaotix game also includes Espio and Vector

The first PlayStation is on the horizon, but I am not sure if we have enough butterflies to help Sony and Nintendo join forces rather than split up in to two systems.

I might have the Sega CD or 32X as its own platform, or have one of those become the Saturn instead.

With respect to Mattel doing games of their own toylines, Barbie would usually be the first that comes to mind. That way you have at least one title popular among girls for every two or three popular among boys.

As for the Star Wars toy license, Kenner had the license for the first nine years of the franchise's existence, then the rights transferred back to Disney after Trump bought the toy company. Kenner's last association with the property was the action figure lineup for Revenge of the Jedi's home video release in 1986.

Walt died before Kenner could negotiate a new toy contract, so it was up to Roy to find a new licensee for Dark Empire. Playmates, Mattel, Coleco, LJN and Toy Biz each expressed interest in the toy license. The new Power of the Force toy line will coincide with the video release of Dark Empire in the fourth quarter of 1995. Dark Empire will of course be part of the Masterpiece Collection.

Oh yeah and another thing concerning video games...

Sega has had the Video Game Rating Council exclusively to themselves, but I am not sure if I should let them stick with that or join the ESRB with the rest of the industry.

A Goofy Movie
For most of March 1995, Disney basked in the excitement surrounding the Temple of the Forbidden Eye and The Lion King setting new home video records. However, the studio struggled mightily at the box office.

Heavyweights and Man of the House, both from Hanna-Barbera, gained ground on the waning weeks of Dark Empire's theatrical run, while Hyperion's Ed Wood crashed and burned.

On April 7, 1995, Disney would turn to one of its oldest and most iconic characters to get their theatrical output back on track.

Cashing in on the runaway success of Goof Troop, the film runs very much the same as IOTL, and was produced jointly by the B-squad and three of the studio's television animation branches in France (Paris suburbs), Australia (Sydney) and Canada (Vancouver).

Despite mixed reviews, the film would become an instant hit with fans of the TV series.​

OK. I have several ideas. The first one being what I called the "Boyd-verse" version of the Lion King.

This version is based on elements from the actual film, tie- in material, Broadway musical, scenes deleted from the final cut, as well as original ideas. So here we go...

Elements from the Original film
  • Most of the original songs
    • They are simply too much to be touched at all. That said, there would be several changes to make the songs longer or something.
  • Pretty much most of the stuff
  • The voices of almost all of the characters, save Simba and Nala, who I will go on about in a bit.
Tie in material
  • The songs in the actual movie sound more similar to the Elton John/ Lebo renditions. Namely...
    • I just can't wait to be king is a bit longer, and is essentially the Elton John cover
    • Meanwhile, Hakuna Matata would be more like the version by Lebo M and Jimmy Cliff. Namely, the verse verse they added near the end would be sung by adult Simba, whose new voice I will soon detail.
  • Scar is called by his real name in the Six New Adventures book. "Taka," by Mufasa during their first argument, Mufasa saying "Is that a challenge, Taka?"
  • Additionally, the same scene would involves Mufasa trying to make it clear that he is sorry for all wrongs he may have inflicted on Scar in the past.
Elements from the muscial
  • The Madness of King Scar would be mixed with the Reprise of Be Prepared present in the original draft of the film.
  • The conversation between Mufasa and Zazu about Mufasa's parenting
  • The scene in which Timon nearly drowns in a waterfall while simba is reminded of Mufasa's death
  • The Morning Report is be shown as it is in the Platinum Edition.

Elements from early versions of the film
  • The character of Mheetu. With changes I will detail later.
  • The reprise of Be prepared is combined to take place with "The Madness of King Scar". With the combo of the two scenes taking place after the hyenas complain about the lack of food.
  • Several scenes from the January 1990 version are featured
    • The scene where simba and Mufasa watch Lionesses hunt a zebra.
  • Various deleted scenes from after the film received its final name.
My own ideas
  • Scar would not begin going insane as badly, he instead begins a series of plans to make sure Simba never returned, since the hyenas did not seem to tell him if they really killed Simba
  • Voice Actors:
    • Simba: voiced by Cam Clarke, who reprises said role in the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon show.
    • Nala: voiced by Catherine Cavadini. My idea is like if Blossom of the PPGs was in her early 20s, except make the voice gentler.
      • They were bought in to serve as voices for bigger stars to model after. But when they did such good jobs the creators did not want to replace them.
    • The Character of Mheetu
      • As a cub, he is voiced by Bradley Pierce. While as an adult, he is voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes.
      • As far as story goes, his childhood is largely similar to in early drafts. With a few scenes of him tagging along with Simba and Nala's daily activities. After the elephant graveyard, he asks Nala about it due to being absent.
      • As an adult (teenager really), he followed Nala after she was banished from the Pridelands. With him eventually became exhausted. Nala was trying to help him by getting food, leading to their reintroduction to Simba when he manages to be made conscious again
The Little Mermaid also has a longer arc where we hear a few of Ariel thoughts. Including some development where she wonder wether it was worth becoming human.

Additionally, Tangled is still named Rapunzel, and Frozen is still called the Snow Queen. And both are 2D Films. Plus a Mario Bros. film detailed here...

Last edited:

Deleted member 100251

OK. I have several ideas. The first one being what I called the "Boyd-verse" version of the Lion King.

The Little Mermaid also has a longer arc where we hear a few of Ariel thoughts. Including some development where she wonder wether it was worth becoming human.

Additionally, Tangled is still named Rapunzel, and Frozen is still called the Snow Queen. And both are 2D Films. Plus a Mario Bros. film detailed here...
If I remember correctly, OldNavy has already covered Rapunzel (made in the mid 70s I think), and Snow Queen.
He has also covered Lion King (with a renamed Simba and darker tone, less Hamnet, more Caesar) and TLM too.
Cool ideas though! Maybe you should make your own TL about them someday.

If I remember correctly, OldNavy has already covered Rapunzel (made in the mid 70s I think), and Snow Queen.
He has also covered Lion King (with a renamed Simba and darker tone, less Hamnet, more Caesar) and TLM too.
Cool ideas though! Maybe you should make your own TL about them someday.

I actually plan too. But I want the Disney films to see the changes since I mentioned since they make already good films better.

Also, the 1991 adaptation of The Little Engine gets more recognition. It actually is a very good pragmatic adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.