Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody i got any idea for orignal cartoon shows for this timeline. Also does captain planet still permier in 1990. with Ted turner not owning hanbara the show may be delayed a few years untill he buys out a different film stuido. If i remember correctly Old Navy suggested that Turner buyout Flim Roman

Did Randy Newman still go and work for Disney. Also i know that Samatha smith survived her plane crash in this timeline, so does any one have any ideas for what happen to her besides continuing to act in lime street

I don't own this TL. It's OldNavy's decision whether he wants to keep Newman for James (which is why I said "probably").

Fair enough. If OldNavy decides to have Newman still work on James it'd be good. Of course, we're still five years away from that point anyway.

Some time in '91 Disney's going to be announcing Port Disney in Long Beach.

If it's on the east coast I'd go with Townsville and I'd go with Perth if it's on the west coast.

Whichever one has enough land for a resort for two or three parks and a bunch of hotels, pretty much in the size of the OTL resort in Paris, will likely be the direction I might go.

Fair enough. If OldNavy decides to have Newman still work on James it'd be good. Of course, we're still five years away from that point anyway.

Some time in '91 Disney's going to be announcing Port Disney in Long Beach.

Newman is in. Now to find a good film for You've Got a Friend in Me since Toy Story will be much darker.

Newman is in. Now to find a good film for You've Got a Friend in Me since Toy Story will be much darker.

Are you going to make it as something from the early drafts? Like when Woody was originally a ventriloquist's doll?

Plus, are we going to have this be in full-blown computer animation or for a more safer animation department? Because if we're going to have a darker animated movie, this might be the stuff to have Tim Burton, Richard Williams, and Don Bluth to collaborate on!

So do we get Anastasia in this TL?
We're not. The closest to OTL Anastasia we are going to get is a Star Wars film named Rise of the Sith where Leia takes the place of Anastasia. The role of Rasputin being filled by a Sith Inquisitor named Darth Tyranus voiced by Tony Jay.

EDIT: Goddamit Autocorrect!

EDIT2: I just realized that since most of the movie would be in the "present" we'd only need the fictional actor to play Young Sheev in flashbacks. Michael Gough can play his force ghost in the movie proper.

Last edited:
We're not. The closest to OTL Anastasia we are going to get is a Star Wars film named Rise of the Sith where Leia takes the place of Anastasia. The role of Rasputin being filled by a Sith Inquisitor named Darth Tyranus voiced by Tony Jay.

EDIT: Goddamit Autocorrect!

EDIT2: I just realized that since most of the movie would be in the "present" we'd only need the fictional actor to play Young Sheev in flashbacks. Michael Gough can play his force ghost in the movie proper.

Oh yeah, Daniel Abbott was the name of the fictional actor.

I wonder if we should create another one to take over for George Takei as Boba down the road.

What's the next update?

Next update will likely be Visionaries going head to head with Lost Lamp.

The Prince and the Pauper will still come out as a short, but I wonder how we can squeeze Oswald in to the story. A coin toss will be needed to determine if it'll play in front of Edward Scissorhands (stop motion) or All Dogs Go to Heaven (2D).

@TheImperialTheorist

Toy Story ITTL will likely be 2D.

Oh yeah, Daniel Abbott was the name of the fictional actor.

I wonder if we should create another one to take over for George Takei as Boba down the road.

The fictional no-name actor can be quickly mentioned as playing the character in flashbacks.

Go with the example of the Abrams Trek movies and cast John Cho.

Next update will likely be Visionaries going head to head with Lost Lamp.

The Prince and the Pauper will still come out as a short, but I wonder how we can squeeze Oswald in to the story. A coin toss will be needed to determine if it'll play in front of Edward Scissorhands (stop motion) or All Dogs Go to Heaven (2D).

@TheImperialTheorist

Toy Story ITTL will likely be 2D.

What's Visionaries about?

Maybe as a cameo. It'd give the viewing public a taste of Oswald before his big movie reintroduction. It could be a scene with a portrait of King Mickey's long-lost brother, which would make the short a prequel to the Oswald movie.

Now I've got the idea that the medieval fantasy "Disney Kingdom" that this story would be set in would have the King be an elderly mouse version of Disney himself. Part of the story's plot would be Mickey trying to find Oswald before King Elias dies.

Plus it opens the door to other stories being told in this setting.

I do think that the 2D traditional Disney animation would work better for Evil Woody than the CG animation would've. Especially if they went the Ventriloquist dummy route.

I do think that the 2D traditional Disney animation would work better for Evil Woody than the CG animation would've. Especially if they went the Ventriloquist dummy route.

Yeah, that does sound more appropriate. However, that would mean we'll need a different character than Tiny Toys. Perhaps use Buzz from Toy Story IOTL as a replacement?

Will motiongate theme park still up in dubia in the 2010's. I amuse it's dreamwork section will be replaced by abmlaion. I may or may not have a loingate section(they as been know discussion about whether they would still exist or become as they did otl if they do )

Visionaries and the DuckTales movie
In late July 1990, two animated films came out in back to back weeks, first from Universal and Gemini Animation was Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light, an ambitious attempt by Hasbro to create a whole universe out of thick cloth try to match the appeal of Walt Disney's Star Wars. It would be the biggest risk of Hasbro's partnership with MCA, and upon the film's release on July 13, 1990, going head to head with Disney's final theatrical reissue of The Jungle Book, it would turn out much better than the OTL incarnation. The free-for-all swordfight between the Spectral Knights and Darkling Lords was Gemini's most expensive sequence to date at a total cost of $400,000 USD. The budget for the entire film was $19.5 million USD.

VOICES:
Michael Gough as Merklynn

THE SPECTRAL KNIGHTS
Jonathan Frakes as Leoric
Bill Pullman as Ectar
Jeff Daniels as Feryl
John Rhys-Davies as Cryotek
Jim Cummings as Witterquick
Corey Feldman as Arzon
Sigourney Weaver as Galadria

DARKLING LORDS
Jonathan Freeman as Darkstorm
Roscoe Lee Brown as Reekon
Brad Dourif as Mortdred
Peter Cullen as Cindarr
Chris Latta as Cratex
Michael McConnohie as Lexor
Sybil Danning as Virulina​

visionaries%2Btoys%2B6.jpg

The following week, Disney released Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. With the studio also owning the Indiana Jones franchise outright ITTL, the March from Raiders of the Lost Ark was used in the trailer and TV campaign for this film. If you have a VHS, Laserdisc or DVD copy of the OTL film, you'll get an idea of the quality of the animation from Disney's B-squad, helmed ITTL by Peter Schneider at DHS in Orlando. Released on the 20th of July, the film was able to get a head start over Universal's Problem Child, tripling its total box office gross from OTL.
MV5BYTNiZTMwMDYtMjZlMy00MWY2LWFjNDMtYzVkYzc3NmZmMTYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgxOTIzNzk@._V1_.jpg

VOICES
Alan Young as Scrooge McDuck
Terry McGovern as Launchpad
Russi Taylor as Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webbie
Christopher Lloyd as Merlock
Richard Libertini as Dijon
Eric Idle as the Genie
June Foray as Mrs Featherby
Joan Gerber as Mrs Beakley
Chuck McCann as Duckworth​

In late July 1990, two animated films came out in back to back weeks, first from Universal and Gemini Animation was Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light, an ambitious attempt by Hasbro to create a whole universe out of thick cloth try to match the appeal of Walt Disney's Star Wars. It would be the biggest risk of Hasbro's partnership with MCA, and upon the film's release on July 13, 1990, going head to head with Disney's final theatrical reissue of The Jungle Book, it would turn out much better than the OTL incarnation. The free-for-all swordfight between the Spectral Knights and Darkling Lords was Gemini's most expensive sequence to date at a total cost of $400,000 USD. The budget for the entire film was $19.5 million USD.

VOICES:
Michael Gough as Merklynn

THE SPECTRAL KNIGHTS
Jonathan Frakes as Leoric
Bill Pullman as Ectar
Jeff Daniels as Feryl
John Rhys-Davies as Cryotek
Jim Cummings as Witterquick
Corey Feldman as Arzon
Sigourney Weaver as Galadria

DARKLING LORDS
Jonathan Freeman as Darkstorm
Roscoe Lee Brown as Reekon
Brad Dourif as Mortdred
Peter Cullen as Cindarr
Chris Latta as Cratex
Michael McConnohie as Lexor
Sybil Danning as Virulina​

visionaries%2Btoys%2B6.jpg

The following week, Disney released Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. With the studio also owning the Indiana Jones franchise outright ITTL, the March from Raiders of the Lost Ark was used in the trailer and TV campaign for this film. If you have a VHS, Laserdisc or DVD copy of the OTL film, you'll get an idea of the quality of the animation from Disney's B-squad, helmed ITTL by Peter Schneider at DHS in Orlando. Released on the 20th of July, the film was able to get a head start over Universal's Problem Child, tripling its total box office gross from OTL.
MV5BYTNiZTMwMDYtMjZlMy00MWY2LWFjNDMtYzVkYzc3NmZmMTYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgxOTIzNzk@._V1_.jpg

VOICES
Alan Young as Scrooge McDuck
Terry McGovern as Launchpad
Russi Taylor as Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webbie
Christopher Lloyd as Merlock
Richard Libertini as Dijon
Eric Idle as the Genie
June Foray as Mrs Featherby
Joan Gerber as Mrs Beakley
Chuck McCann as Duckworth​

Fantastic update! Does this mean Disney is more accepting for more Disney Afternoon movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.