Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland 35th Anniversary
A lot has changed at Disneyland since it opened on July 17, 1955, while everything else at the park has stayed the same.

MAIN STREET
Same as it ever was.

TESLA TERRACE
Doc Brown's Chicken, a KFC or Church's of sorts, replaces the Pressure Cooker along Center Street in the blue chunk that reads Waitress Service.
The orange block denoting the Hall of Presidents is home to Tesla Terrace's main draw, Electricity and You, a general history of mankind's relationship with electricity.
6175.WHL_2D00_11.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

FANTASYLAND
Having already received a facelift and a few new rides in 1983, Fantasyland won't need too much work, though the Motor Boat Cruise ride will likely get a retheme or be replaced altogether.

ADVENTURELAND
The Grizzly River Run is rethemed at Rhino Rapids to better fit the Adventureland aesthetics. Both that attraction and the Jungle Cruise will be rerouted to squeeze in the queue for an Indiana Jones attraction slated for Spring 1995.

FRONTIERLAND
No changes since Big Thunder Mountain opened.

TOMORROWLAND
At the former Circarama building sits a preview center for the land's extreme rebrand as Horizon Outpost, an emotional one for many park guests who see this as a sign of Disney admitting they couldn't predict the future.

BEAR COUNTRY
No changes since Moonshine Express opened.

WORLD HOLIDAY LAND
Could face an overhaul once a decision is made on the theming for the expansion to the north and northwest of the park's current boundaries.

On July 17, 1990, NBC aired a two hour special commemorating the park's 35th anniversary, which could be the last of Walt's on screen appearances. Tony Danza serves as the special's host, along with the Muppets, Christopher Lloyd, the cast of Cheers and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince among the many guest stars. The final minutes of the special gives viewers a glimpse of mockups drawn up by Tony Baxter and his team of what may come the park in the years ahead.

@OldNavy1988

The site of World Holiday Land could be where Port Royal and the expanded Pirates of the Carribean are located. That or Site A. And, like OTL New Orleans Square, could be where the Haunted Mansion is located. It'd be pirate-themed. I like the idea of it looking like the Inn from Blackbeard's Ghost. I like the whole built-from-a-pirate-ship aesthetic.

With presumably a certain armadillo as a launch title?
Mighty is SEGA, and I believe the Mega Drive retains it's name in the U.S. The Apex line is Turner's console I believe.
TESLA TERRACE
Doc Brown's Chicken, a KFC or Church's of sorts, replaces the Pressure Cooker along Center Street in the blue chunk that reads Waitress Service.
The orange block denoting the Hall of Presidents is home to Tesla Terrace's main draw, Electricity and You, a general history of mankind's relationship with electricity.​
Doc Brown's Chicken...XD!

Theme Park licensees as of 1990
Here are the theme park licensees as of 1990...

DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS
Permanent:
Walt Disney Pictures
Hyperion Pictures
Marvel Comics Group
National Broadcasting Company
Atari
Harvey Entertainment

Third Party:
New Line Cinema (thru 2019)
Jim Henson Studios (thru 2000)
Hemdale Film Corporation (thru 2019)
20th Century Fox (thru 2019)

Expiring licenses:
Toho Co Ltd (expires 1991)
Carolco (expires 1994 due to sale of Carolco to CBS)

KNOTTS BERRY FARM
Permanent:
United Feature Syndicate (Peanuts)

MCA RECREATIONAL
Permanent:
Universal Pictures
Gemini Animation

Third Party:
Hasbro
Nickelodeon (thru 2010)
VH1 (thru 2010)
UPN (thru 2010)
USA Network (thru 2010)
RKO Radio Pictures (thru 2010)

PARAMOUNT PARKS

Permanent:
Paramount Pictures (Star Trek)
SEGA (Mighty the Armadillo)
Valiant Comics

Third Party:
ABC (Hanna-Barbera; thru 2000)
CBS (Ghostbusters; National Comics)
Amblimation (Outback Jake, et al; beginning in 1991)

SIX FLAGS
Permanent:
United Artists
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
All American Comics
MTV

Third Party:
Mirage Studios (TMNT; thru 2000)

TIERCO
Third party:
Hallmark Cards (Rainbow Brite; thru 1995)
Paws Inc (Garfield, USA Acres; thru 1998)

TRUMP LEISURE
Permanent:
Trump Manhattan (Including former Terrytoons lineup)
Kenner-Tonka

Third Party:
The Estate of Bob Clampett (Beany and Cecil; thru 2000)

Expiring
Warner Bros (Looney Tunes; expires when Warner Bros Movie World begins construction in Senoia, GA)

LICENSEES UP FOR GRABS
Grand Diamond (Ruby Spears, American Tail)
Jay Ward (Bullwinkle)
Dr Seuss
King Features Syndicate
Metromedia (DiC, Saban, Goldwyn)​

Deleted member 100251

With Atari and SEGA having characters licensed to theme parks, maybe Nintendo could too? (probably after the SNES/equivalent starts up stuff like Mario Kart) Just imagine a Nintendo theme park...

Here are a selection of film and TV franchises of the different studios as of 1990...

DISNEY
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
ET
Back to the Future
Beetlejuice
Roger Rabbit

20th CENTURY FOX
Planet of the Apes
Die Hard
Home Alone (coming Xmas 1990)

ABC
Hanna-Barbera

CBS
Twilight Zone
Ghostbusters
National Comics

GRAND DIAMOND
Amityville Horror
Galaxy of Terror
Battle Beyond the Stars
An American Tail
The Wonder Years

HEMDALE
RoboCop
Terminator

METROMEDIA
Madeline
Inspector Gadget
Noozles
Thief and the Cobbler

NEW LINE
Xenomorphs
Nightmare on Elm St
Predator

PARAMOUNT
Cheers
Friday the 13th
Star Trek
Simpsons

RKO
Cannon Chuck Norris catalog
Dirty Dancing (thru Vestron)
King Kong

TURNER
Wizard of Oz
Tom and Jerry
Tex Avery
Pink Panther
Rocky
All American Comics

UNIVERSAL
Monsters
Jaws
Hasbro
Problem Child
Gemini Comics

WARNER BROS
Dirty Harry
Gremlins
Pee Wee's Big Adventure

IN LIMBO
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

If I'm missing anything please let me know.​

Last edited:
DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS
Permanent:
Walt Disney Pictures
Hyperion Pictures
DISNEY
Roger Rabbit
Before I forget, since Disney is embracing this ITTL what're the chances of TTL's 'Pleasure Island' having a version of the Ink-&-Paint Club?
Maybe one of the skits (or a recurring gag in several skits) they perform could be Gaston repeatedly hitting on (and getting comically rejected by) Jessica Rabbit.

Before I forget, since Disney is embracing this ITTL what're the chances of TTL's 'Pleasure Island' having a version of the Ink-&-Paint Club?
Maybe one of the skits (or a recurring gag in several skits) they perform could be Gaston repeatedly hitting on (and getting comically rejected by) Jessica Rabbit.

Especially if they can incorporate a speakeasy-style password system like the club did in the movie. Maybe there'd be business cards with "password" printed on them.

No one gets rejected like Gaston!

Especially if they can incorporate a speakeasy-style password system like the club did in the movie. Maybe there'd be business cards with "password" printed on them.

No one gets rejected like Gaston!

PI is actually known as Hyperion Wharf ITTL. And over there, there is an Ink and Paint Club with a full bar and everything. Also at Hyperion Wharf is a Hooters franchise.

Do you think it is possible the success of progress city could inspire some other company to do something simalir. I remember some suggest that that gulf and western build a city of the future over an old ghost town in Nevada and call it Mojave . They all the possibility of donald trump jumping on the progress city band wagon. after all he has a back ground in real estate.

Do you think it is possible the success of progress city could inspire some other company to do something simalir. I remember some suggest that that gulf and western build a city of the future over an old ghost town in Nevada and call it Mojave . They all the possibility of donald trump jumping on the progress city band wagon. after all he has a back ground in real estate.

Maybe Elon Musk or a firm from China or the UAE could take a chance, but likely not till the early 2010's.

Status
Not open for further replies.