Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some food for thought for the 1990/91 season: if the Avengers and X-Men get renewed (which I find highly likely), I think there should be a three/four-part crossover between the two series. The premise should be easy to pull off. Magneto and Ultron team-up against the two teams and even commandeer the Sentinels. Since Magneto's motivations are for mutant liberation, Ultron hides his intentions the complete annihilation of the human race (which includes mutants) and claims that he only wants to control to humanity. He promises mutantkind its own homeland while planning to betray Magneto later. However, the Master of Magnetism learns of Ultron's real intentions and defects to the Avengers/X-Men alliance and proves instrumental in the final confrontation where he pushes his powers to their limits by tearing Ultron's adamantium shell apart.

The twist ending could be Magneto allows the Avengers to take him into custody out of remorse for his complicity in Ultron's plan. Perhaps the show can make an oblique reference to his origins as a holocaust survivor, and how he could never let himself he party to genocide. Meanwhile, Mystique takes over the Brotherhood in the X-Men series while Magneto goes to trial.

The crossover could see release on home video as Avengers/X-Men: The Movie.

What do you think? My TTL self (who would be 6 or 7 at this point) would probably be "Wow" despite being mostly into Superman and Spider-Man.

@Pyro
That would be amazing. There would be a lot of depth and emotion in a movie like that, and it would really show what kind of person Magneto is. Plus, having him tear apart Ultron would be cool as well.

Does any boy like the idea of chriscraft industies teaming with warner brothers fox or maybe even grand diamond to form a new tv network during the 1990's . OTL Chrish craft teamed up with Parmont to form upn

If we include Dr Jekyll in Frankenstein, do we cut out Fritz or Mortiz?

Victor Moritz was an amalgam character roughly analogous to a character in the book named Henry Clerval. It wouldn't take that much to turn him into Henry Jekyll. Plus you can include a bit where Victor mispronounces Jekyll's last name as a bit of friendly ribbing. It'd be a way to introduce audiences to the fact that the name is actually pronounced "jee-kill" rather than the "jek-ill". Stevenson said so himself in an interview. So other than a single film adaptation we've been mispronouncing the name all along!

Slightly revised Frankenstein role contenders

Director: Tony Scott, Fred Dekker, Joel Schumacher, Jan de Bont, Brian de Palma, David Twohy, Renny Harlin, Charlie Band

Set in stone...
Victor: Gary Oldman
Adam: Daniel Day-Lewis

Still up for grabs...
Henry Jekyll: Keanu Reeves, Tim Roth, Liam Neeson, Russell Crowe, Sam Neill, Brad Dourif, Tracey Walter, Peter Capaldi, John Malkovich, Christopher Walken
Elizabeth: Sean Young, Kim Basinger, Sherilyn Fenn, Valerie Gogan, Uma Thurman
Baron Frankenstein: Christopher Lee, Donald Sutherland, John Vernon, Ian MacDiarmid
Herr Vogel: Sir Ian McKellen, Anthony Zerbe, Brian Dennehy, Jack Palance, Jack Nicholson
Maria: Christina Ricci, Mayim Bialik, Judith Barsi, Tara Charendoff
Ludwig: Harry Dean Stanton, Tom Skerritt, Brian Dennehy, Keith Carradine, Pete Postlethwaite

Last edited:
Slightly revised Frankenstein role contenders

Director: Tony Scott, Fred Dekker, Joel Schumacher, Jan de Bont, Brian de Palma, David Cronenberg, Charlie Band

Set in stone...
Victor: Gary Oldman
Adam: Daniel Day-Lewis

Still up for grabs...
Henry Jekyll: Keanu Reeves, Tim Roth, Liam Neeson, Russell Crowe, Sam Neill, Brad Dourif, Tracey Walter, Peter Capaldi, John Malkovich, Christopher Walken
Elizabeth: Sean Young, Kim Basinger, Sherilyn Fenn, Valerie Gogan, Uma Thurman
Baron Frankenstein: Christopher Lee, Donald Sutherland, John Vernon, Ian MacDiarmid
Herr Vogel: Sir Ian McKellen, Anthony Zerbe, Brian Dennehy, Jack Palance, Jack Nicholson
Maria: Christina Ricci, Mayim Bialik, Judith Barsi, Tara Charendoff
Ludwig: Harry Dean Stanton, Tom Skerritt, Brian Dennehy, Keith Carradine, Pete Postlethwaite

• Jekyll himself shouldn't be creepy. And this presumably is before he drank the potion to become Hyde, to begin with. So either Peter Capaldi or Liam Neeson.
  • Either Kim Basinger or Uma Thurman. Mostly because I have no idea who those other women are.
  • Lee's already Van Helsing in this series. So either Vernon or MacDiarmid.
  • I'm thinking Ian McKellan. He'd do the anger of discovering a child dead and the remorse of discovering that the "monster" isn't really evil equally well. Maybe Maria could've been his granddaughter.
  • Casting Barsi as Maria would be double awkward since her only role is to be unintentionally killed by Adam. Her tragic death in OTL and violent assault TTL make this choice untenable.
  • I really don't have any opinions either way. Probably Pete Postlethwaite.

• Jekyll himself shouldn't be creepy. And this presumably is before he drank the potion to become Hyde, to begin with. So either Peter Capaldi or Liam Neeson.
  • Either Kim Basinger or Uma Thurman. Mostly because I have no idea who those other women are.
  • Lee's already Van Helsing in this series. So either Vernon or MacDiarmid.
  • I'm thinking Ian McKellan. He'd do the anger of discovering a child dead and the remorse of discovering that the "monster" isn't really evil equally well. Maybe Maria could've been his granddaughter.
  • Casting Barsi as Maria would be double awkward since her only role is to be unintentionally killed by Adam. Her tragic death in OTL and violent assault TTL make this choice untenable.
  • I really don't have any opinions either way. Probably Pete Postlethwaite.
Sean Young played Rachel in Blade Runner. No idea about the other two, I'd have to look them up.
I agree about Barsi, that'd just be....allohistorical fridge horror.

Contenders for Dr Waldman: Paul Sorvino, Bob Hoskins, Jack Nicholson, Rene Auberjonois, David Ogden Stiers, Carl Gottlieb, Ernest Borgnine, Vic Tayback

Contenders for Dr Waldman: Paul Sorvino, Bob Hoskins, Jack Nicholson, Rene Auberjonois, David Ogden Stiers, Carl Gottlieb, Ernest Borgnine, Vic Tayback
I'm going to put forward another candidate for Waldman. Rene Auberjonois's DS9 costar Andrew Robinson. In the original '31 film Waldman was an asshole who promised to kill the monster "painlessly" but actually kept it sedated to vivisect it. And since this film is supposed to show the monster in a sympathetic light he's got to get the full asshole makeover. In this movie, he's a psychotic madman hiding his true nature behind a friendly facade. He'd be practically an Expy of the despicable Hammer Doctor Frankenstein. And Andrew Robinson excels at being a villain.

Rough schedule for the release of the 4th generation consoles that'll rival the Mega Drive...

Q3 1990: Turner (Code Name Dorothy)

Q4 1990: Intellivision IV

Q3 1991: Super NES

Q4 1991: Atari (Panther/Jaguar)

Rough schedule for the release of the 4th generation consoles that'll rival the Mega Drive...

Q3 1990: Turner (Code Name Dorothy)

Q4 1990: Intellivision IV

Q3 1991: Super NES

Q4 1991: Atari (Panther/Jaguar)

1. I'd think that Turner APEX 2 would be a good name for the console unless you've got a better idea for a name that'll be revealed later. That sounded less passive-aggressive when it first went through my head.
  2. Could it be possible for Mattel to purchase the rights to use SNK (aka Neo Geo) hardware in the Intellivision IV? Or any potential future consoles?
  3. I'm thinking that Atari's current console should be called the Panther since that would've been the proper successor to the 7800. Presumably, it'd be a 16-bit console ITTL instead of trying to leapfrog graphical development. The Jaguar would then be the 32-bit next-generation console. It'd then be much more successful without the complicated hardware that made it difficult to develop for.
I've got nothing to say about the SNES since it'd undoubtedly be not very different from OTL's console.

1. I'd think that Turner APEX 2 would be a good name for the console unless you've got a better idea for a name that'll be revealed later. That sounded less passive-aggressive when it first went through my head.
  2. Could it be possible for Mattel to purchase the rights to use SNK (aka Neo Geo) hardware in the Intellivision IV? Or any potential future consoles?
  3. I'm thinking that Atari's current console should be called the Panther since that would've been the proper successor to the 7800. Presumably, it'd be a 16-bit console ITTL instead of trying to leapfrog graphical development. The Jaguar would then be the 32-bit next-generation console. It'd then be much more successful without the complicated hardware that made it difficult to develop for.
I've got nothing to say about the SNES since it'd undoubtedly be not very different from OTL's console.

Apex 2 it is.

I'm sure Mattel can enter a joint venture with SNK for the ITV4.

Panther it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.