Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, considering that it was rumored earlier this year Apple was looking to acquire Disney to the tune of $200+ billion dollars, who knows anymore? :p

That said, it would be kind of funny to have Disney own both Atari and Nintendo given that the NES was almost strangled in the cradle OTL by Atari nearly getting distribution rights in North America to it.

Huh...Interesting.
He's right of course, but there are two potential issues:
1. Would the very Japanese Nintendo sell to an American company?
and 2. the very massive potential anti-trust suit that would be filed against them by the Supreme Court, if the deal did go through.

Does any remamber my suggestion for trump trying to buy nintentdo, causing him to start the first of many anit jappanese triade and going on to make a movie demoize japan and how there buying out america

Does any remamber my suggestion for trump trying to buy nintentdo, causing him to start the first of many anit jappanese triade and going on to make a movie demoize japan and how there buying out america
I do recall that, yes.
I don't remember what OldNavy's final decision was.

Deleted member 100251

Please no, we've already lost MGM. I don't wanna lose Nintendo.

Does any remember my suggestion for trump trying to buy Nintendo, causing him to start the first of many anti-Japanese tirades and going on to make a movie to demonize japan and how they're buying out America.
Could you please download Grammarly? It's a free spell check add-on for your internet browser. I don't mean to be rude, but it's hard to take your suggestions seriously when they're so seriously misspelled.

How is Walt health wise? Is he still doing mostly fine or is his health starting to fail?

At 83, he is using a cane to get around, but not very far without someone to help him stay balanced. Now, should he have to travel long distances on the studio backlot, or during public appearances at the parks or at the Progress City sites, an intern or entry level employee can transport him on a golf cart if there is one available.

He still has the mustache, but his hairline has receded about 36% from the minor POD of 1950, and his hair has whitened by about 12%. While he still able to maintain a presentable appearance on the weekly anthology show, his face has become more wrinkled each year, his voice now slightly deeper, his hands now dotted with liver spots. With age comes forgetfulness of the scripted lines, so he must now use the aid of a teleprompter when delivering his speeches on the show.

Because of the gradual reduction of his mobility, in order to get to and from work, he now has one of his grandchildren, born to Diane and Ron Miller, act as his chauffeur.

Trump buys Terrytoons catalog
Entertainment news brief for August 1985.

As part of his attempted comeback in to the entertainment business, New York real estate tycoon Donald Trump announced the acquisition of the cartoon library of the former Terrytoons cartoon studio. The animation studio, which lasted between 1929 and the late 1960's and headquartered for most of its history in New Rochelle, New York, was regarded as the worst among the contenders in the Golden Age of Animation. Terrytoons, under the leadership of Paul Terry, were notorious for being a frugal operation, refusing to take artistic risks and produced its cartoons on tight schedules without any wiggle room for editing out any mistakes. Paul Terry sold the studio to CBS in 1955, but its fortunes didn't really change too much, even with Gene Deitch and Ralph Bakshi on board. Since then, the Terrytoons characters have been well rested in the vaults of Viacom since 1971, and have yet to return to the public consciousness. There was an attempt by Filmation to do a new Mighty Mouse show, but talks quieted down when Filmation folded in 1977. When asked what he planned to do with the characters, Trump announced home video releases starting in the fall of 1986, and a possible new show for 1987.

Entertainment news brief for August 1985.

As part of his attempted comeback in to the entertainment business, New York real estate tycoon Donald Trump announced the acquisition of the cartoon library of the former Terrytoons cartoon studio. The animation studio, which lasted between 1929 and the late 1960's and headquartered for most of its history in New Rochelle, New York, was regarded as the worst among the contenders in the Golden Age of Animation. Terrytoons, under the leadership of Paul Terry, were notorious for being a frugal operation, refusing to take artistic risks and produced its cartoons on tight schedules without any wiggle room for editing out any mistakes. Paul Terry sold the studio to CBS in 1955, but its fortunes didn't really change too much, even with Gene Deitch and Ralph Bakshi on board. Since then, the Terrytoons characters have been well rested in the vaults of Viacom since 1971, and have yet to return to the public consciousness. There was an attempt by Filmation to do a new Mighty Mouse show, but talks quieted down when Filmation folded in 1977. When asked what he planned to do with the characters, Trump announced home video releases starting in the fall of 1986, and a possible new show for 1987.

I assume Ralph Bakshi's New adventures of Mighty Mouse will probably be the cartoon for trump's new animation studio. While trump have Bakshi adapted other Terry Towns like Deputy Dog. Also how about Trump buying John Kluge Metromedia TV stations to form his own TV network.

I assume Ralph Bakshi's New adventures of Mighty Mouse will probably be the cartoon for trump's new animation studio. While trump have Bakshi adapted other Terry Towns like Deputy Dog. Also how about Trump buying John Kluge Metromedia TV stations to form his own TV network.

Trump will definitely bring Bakshi on board.

The Metromedia stations will likely be the ones that make up UPN in '86.

Do think that Trump might still try to make his own TV network. If he doesn't buy out Metromedia do you think he would buy out Westinghouse Broadcasting Company,Nationwide Communications Taft Broadcasting, another broadcasting company or turn to cable TV

Ralph Bakshi made an adult cartoon for HBO called Spicy City. HBO renewed it for second season but they wanted to replace Ralph with a different scriptwriter and he made a fuss that got the series cancelled. Do you that trump would fund the Spicy City project and not try replace Ralph after one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.