Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely, he'll return to them if they can top Sudden Impact with another hit or two.

That's nice to hear. Warner will have Purple Rain and Gremlins this summer, which will likely be huge, and Donner can come back just in time to film both Ladyhawke and The Goonies. If not, he'll at least be there for Lethal Weapon in a few years.

Captain EO should already be in pre-production as we speak.

When will Disney-Marvel release a Fantastic Four movie? Can the people of this timeline see a film that actually does Doctor Doom justice?

It'll likely be 1991 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the comics, and it might feature the actors from the Corman version that went unreleased IOTL.

It'll likely be 1991 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the comics, and it might feature the actors from the Corman version that went unreleased IOTL.
That Corman version was unreleased by something was awful and the first attempt just to get the rights, there better people in hollywod to make FF and Dr Doom Justice.

Captain EO should already be in pre-production as we speak.
I was telling the idea of early Guardians of the Galaxy with that Cast, maybe would happen¡

That Corman version was unreleased by something was awful and the first attempt just to get the rights, there better people in hollywod to make FF and Dr Doom Justice.

It's sad that the half-assed Roger Corman film is still far better at adapting the comic than any of the actual big budget adaptations. Especially Fan4stic.

Last edited:
It's sad that the half-assed Roger Corman film is still leagues better at adapting the comic than any of the actual big budget adaptations. Especially Fan4stic.
PTS-verse have pyro take... and still was a mess, a pretty mess but a mess neverless, yeah with not issue with rights here maybe they will make an effort for it.

I personally nominate either Tim Curry, Gary Oldman or Ralph Fiennes as Doctor Doom. All three actors have what it takes to adapt the villain properly. Curry because he's so enjoyably evil, Oldman because he's such a chameleon and Fiennes because of his experience as a Shakespearean actor.
'

I personally nominate either Tim Curry, Gary Oldman or Ralph Fiennes as Doctor Doom. All three actors have what it takes to adapt the villain properly. Curry because he's so enjoyably evil, Oldman because he's such a chameleon and Fiennes because of his experience as a Shakespearean actor.
'
Curry is already Baron Zemo, so either Oldman or Fiennes...i'm more with the later....

Curry is already Baron Zemo, so either Oldman or Fiennes...i'm more with the later....
I forgot about Curry being Zemo. And I think I agree with Fiennes being the proper choice as I think that Doom would be all about Shakespearean monologuing. The bombastic personality and massive ego are a must when it comes to the character.

Ralph Fiennes is a good choice for Doom, but he wasn't even a film actor in 1991. Maybe Fantastic Four could be his film debut.

Other good choices could be Julian Sands, Mark Rylance, or even Hugh Grant.

Ralph Fiennes is a good choice for Doom, but he wasn't even a film actor in 1991. Maybe Fantastic Four could be his film debut.

Other good choices could be Julian Sands, Mark Rylance, or even Hugh Grant.
1991, the year OldNavy pegged as the release date, is only two years off from when Fiennes would've had his breakout role as Amon Geoth in Schindler's list. At that point, assuming a roughly OTL career for simplicity's sake, he'd have had six years or so experience as a Shakespearean actor. A transition from stage to screen isn't so implausible, especially since such a big role would give an actor massive amounts of publicity at the beginning of his film career.

If we're going for a similar effect with other film adaptations, ie the 30th Anniversaries, then the first Spider-Man film would be '92, the first X-Men film would be '93 and the Guardians of the Galaxy film would be '99.

Last edited:
I was telling the idea of early Guardians of the Galaxy with that Cast, maybe would happen¡

Except the the only Guardians of the Galaxy around during that time were these guys...

Earth-691_0001.jpg

The version most people are familiar with did not come into existence until 2008 OTL. To my knowledge the character that comprise that roster (Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot) would exist, but would likely remain in obscurity because they did not assemble until after one of the Annihilation events.

HOWEVER, maybe someone would take the premise of the original team and make into a film.

Last edited:
Except the the only Guardians of the Galaxy around during that time were these guys...

Earth-691_0001.jpg

The version most people are familiar with did not come into existence until 2008 OTL. To my knowledge the character that comprise that roster (Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot) would exist, but would likely remain in obscurity because they did not assemble until after one of the Annihilation events.

HOWEVER, maybe someone would take the premise of the original team and make into a film.
Maybe Star-Lord et al. have seperate supporting roles in a series of Guardians of the Galaxy films, before forming a team of their own and getting a spin-off as The Ravagers?

Spidey might have to wait till the 35th Anniversary in '97, because I have one particular actor in mind for Peter/Spidey unless there's a way to get it made sooner...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_Sawa

Now, getting back to The Black Cauldron, who would you guys like for the part of Eilonwy?

Hayley Mills, Helen Hunt, Lena Zavaroni or Susan Sheridan?

I have one particular actor in mind for Peter/Spidey unless there's a way to get it made sooner
there always Cameron idea with Leo Dicaprio.

so we could get my (insane) idea of guardians of the galaxy or too insane? we could get it by 1990 if we start now.

Spidey might have to wait till the 35th Anniversary in '97, because I have one particular actor in mind for Peter/Spidey unless there's a way to get it made sooner...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_Sawa

Now, getting back to The Black Cauldron, who would you guys like for the part of Eilonwy?

Hayley Mills, Helen Hunt, Lena Zavaroni or Susan Sheridan?
Lena Zavaroni. Hopefully this will help prevent her depression later on in life and her early death.

Status
Not open for further replies.