American King

I'm having some problems recognizing your POD as good enough.

1. Did George Washington really went to a military parade in New York City in 1786 for him to be shot? He has been in Virginia the whole time before the Philadelphia Convention for all I know.

2. Why is Benjamin Franklin in GW's burial when he is in France? He returned to attend his funeral? But that doesn't matter. Answer question no. 1 first.

3. Why will there be a 1787 Philadelphia Convention if there is no James Madison around to even do the 1786 Annapolis Convention with Alexander Hamilton? We're talking of massive butterflies RIGHT AWAY HERE.

4. If the Constitution was rejected in the Great Convention, why will Adams became President of the United States? How did he got elected? He was chosen by Massachusetts to represent them again in the Confederation Congress? He resigned his position as Minister to England? And if such a Convention failed to produce, it's like... "Ok, it's fine. Let's just have this discredited super failure of a document to govern us."? :confused:

5. How did Benjamin Franklin die before the Convention?

6. Without George Washington and James Madison, A LOT OF THINGS WILL HAPPEN. And it WILL NOT INCLUDE a Constitutional Convention IN PHILADELPHIA IN 1787 WITH THOMAS JEFFERSON IN IT! How did Jefferson ended up in the Convention?

7. Did the Annapolis Convention EVEN happened as it is just with no Madison around?

8. The Shay's Rebellion? What happened to it? Did it still happen at August 21, 1786; 11 days after this supposed assassination?

THE POD IS FLAWED. GREAT DECISION. RESTART THIS ONE.
AND LOOK FOR A BETTER POD. THIS ONE IS NOT THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. PLEASE FIND ANOTHER ONE.

I'M SORRY. :(

EDIT: But some of your ideas in this TL is really interesting for me, who is creating my own America TL. I really like them. That's what I can give you credit for. (APPROVE!!)

Last edited:
I'm having some problems recognizing your POD as good enough.

I don't know if you noticed, but this is a STORY. A fun thing to read in your freetime. Its not a possible history book revolving around immediate facts and what probably would have happened. Its well written, funny, and enjoyable ASB, which it was meant to be. Not to mention this timeline has been dead for months; we're well into American King Part 2. If you really wanted Napoleon53 to see your 'suggestions,' I say you message him or post on the new timeline. Because I doubt he'll see it here. But I really don't see a point to any of this.

I don't know if you noticed, but this is a STORY. A fun thing to read in your freetime. Its not a possible history book revolving around immediate facts and what probably would have happened. Its well written, funny, and enjoyable ASB, which it was meant to be. Not to mention this timeline has been dead for months; we're well into American King Part 2. If you really wanted Napoleon53 to see your 'suggestions,' I say you message him or post on the new timeline. Because I doubt he'll see it here. But I really don't see a point to any of this.

Yeah. I know. That's why I'm asking the questions (not making "suggestions") because it is not in the ASB section. But I guess, it's not that important of a case anymore. And yeah, I already saw and reading and commenting on the part 2, thank you. And it's really enjoyable. I don't mind complaining on his work anymore. It reminds me a bit of Turtledove books. Hahaha. So it's fine.

And it seems you're more uncomfortable of my "suggestions" than the author itself. And they're not "suggestions". They're questions. So yeah, really uncomfortable with it. You didn't even finished reading my questions did you?

Hahaha. So yeah. My questions out there are moot. They're not important anymore.

Take it easy, guys, let's not turn upon our nerd brethren. Yea, verily, saith I, that all alternate history fans shalt live in peace, for ever and ever, until the next Star Wars versus Star Trek thread.

:p

On another note: I remind you of Turtledove?! I do have a beard but it's not quite so gross as his. :D