American King: Take Two

Some questions. What will the next update be about and when will it be? When will we be back in Europe? By when should we expect to see the war wrapped up? If all goes well maybe by the end of this summer?

Probably a continuation of the Kaintuck campaign. Not sure. Hopefully by the end of summer; I write when I can, and it should be easier with school over. :)

^ Good to hear.

When will my character Nathaniel T. McClure be appearing? Plus for the future of this timeline I may very well want a second character with my real name (for one thing I was new to this timeline when I first joined and didn't realize at first that many members characters used their actual names. Don't worry it look only a month or so after joining to figure out). :p

^ Good to hear.

When will my character Nathaniel T. McClure be appearing? Plus for the future of this timeline I may very well want a second character with my real name (for one thing I was new to this timeline when I first joined and didn't realize at first that many members characters used their actual names. Don't worry it look only a month or so after joining to figure out). :p

Unfortunately, not for a while. He enter the scene in 1872, but won't really be important till 1876. But don't worry, I've got BIG plans for him and you will not be disappointed :D

I shall take into consideration a second character, but I make no guarantees. Napoleon has acquiesced to them in the past, but personally I'm against people having more than one character.

Awesome chapter, as I said in my PM.

Butler's hair is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. It's like a droopy rainbow afro with wig powder on it. :D:p

Is it just me, or does DeRensis look a bit like Clint Eastwood?

Theres this artist whose has done a ton of pics of celebrities as Russian generals. Clint Eastwood was just one of many. He's also done David Bowie, Tom Cruise, Ben Kingsley, Steve Jobs; just to name a few.

http://replaceface.tumblr.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=russian+general+celebrities&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=_CKzUcftIarT0wGp7oCYAw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=768&bih=928

Their damn awesome if I do say so myself. :D I also love Eastwood's pic for DeRensis. It just shows how much of a badass DeRensis is.

Is it just me, or does DeRensis look a bit like Clint Eastwood?

It is, I just had to use it :p Plus in that pic his face is all lined and hard and stuff, so it represents the toll the war has taken on him, compared to the earlier pictures where he still looks relatively young.

It is, I just had to use it :p Plus in that pic his face is all lined and hard and stuff, so it represents the toll the war has taken on him, compared to the earlier pictures where he still looks relatively young.
An inspiration comes up from my misreading that post. Nappy, why not try to get toupees, Indian scalps, or hair dye popular in place of large wigs?

1851: A Yearly Wrapup​
images
William_J._Hardee.jpg
Left: American Marshal Hannibal Glas
Right: General William J. "Old Reliable" Hardee of Georgia
In July 1850, Marshal Hannibal Glas and his Grand Army of New York had broken the Georgian siege of Chattanooga and freed General Albert Sidney Johnston and his army from starvation. Following this disaster for the Georgians, General Benjamin Humphreys was sacked in favor of General William J. Hardee. Educated in Europe, Hardee was a strategist who had commanded the Georgian war effort from Atlanta since its start in 1849. Hardee was only 34, but highly trusted by Georgian President J.C.M. Towns. Bringing up fresh men from Atlanta, Hardee wasted no time in reorganizing the stragglers from Humphrey’s debacle, bringing his numbers to 48,000. Opposing him was Glas’ New Yorkers, with nearly 90,000 men. The rest of the year was a campaign of movement, as Glas attempted to force his large force through the mountains of northern Georgia. Hardee setup miraculous defenses, bleeding Glas for every foot of ground he gained. By the onset of winter, Glas, using a series of flanking maneuvers only possible due to his armies size, was able to force Hardee to Kennesaw Mountain, just 30 miles outside of Atlanta. But this took many months, the Americans had lost 15,000 men while the Georgian losses were negligible at best.
images
images
images
Right: General William Orlando Butler of Kaintuck
Center: Colonel Nathan Bedford Forrest of Kaintuck
Left: Colonel James Longstreet of Georgia​
Other fronts were not as stable. 1850 saw the invasion of Muskogee by 35,000 Georgians troops. The American soldiers in the state numbered only in the hundreds, and the peninsula surrendered in a matter of weeks. Georgia would occupy the state for the rest of the war, although dissatisfied Americans would pinprick at them with potshots. In central Georgia, the countryside was set aflame by a small force of 15,000 Kaintuckains, composing mostly of cavalry. William Orlando Butler commanded them, and although a political appointment, he managed to garner fame for his tiny force. In particular, his second-in-command, Nathan Bedford Forrest, also a political appointment, became famous for his military expertise and personal bravery. All through northern Georgia they rode, keeping just ahead of local troops. They would only participate in 3 major battles during the war, one of which was a victory and the other two inconclusive. The Georgians were able to pay in kind though, as Colonel James Longstreet led his 700 men, remnants from the defeat in the Battle of Hill City, swept unopposed through Kaintuck.

images
images

Left: General Gustavus Woodson "Gawk" Smith of Kaintuck
Right: General Thomas J. Rusk of Georgia
Further west, the Army of West Kaintuck under Gustavus Smith made small movements into Georgian territory, although the presence of the equally sized Georgian army under General Thomas J. Rusk prevented major action. Although more and more of Rusk’s men were siphoned off to handle the growing problem of Butler’s cavalry.

Those are allot of new pages. Ill have to check them out. :cool: I'll have to get back to visiting the wiki a bit more frequently as well.