American Commonwealth 2.0 (A Collaborative Map Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

Banned
Now I've actually started to create what will be the languages map, which will be very useful in determining the constituencies and the parties that control them:
6HWERS4.png

Also, if case anyone forgets, the Quiet Revolution (which started in the 1960s) is largely toned down to some extent, meaning that outside the major cities, the Francophone population in Quebec and Acadia (as well as Louisiana) are pretty much conservative ruralists (like the Acadians in @Kanan's TL).

That said, that doesn't preclude something similar from happening to the Hispanophone population in Cuba, Puerto Rico, Florida, and Hispaniola (again, just something to remember)

^ I would suggest pushing Jacksonville (Hartsville I believe) into the Anglo bloc, since it would be settled mostly from the north during the mid 1800s. I'll also probably rename a few constituencies in Maine and Champlain to fit their occupants.

^ I would suggest pushing Jacksonville (Hartsville I believe) into the Anglo bloc, since it would be settled mostly from the north during the mid 1800s. I'll also probably rename a few constituencies in Maine and Champlain to fit their occupants.
As a Floridian, I agree. I think much of the belt in north Florida between Jacksonville and Tallahassee would be Anglo/black rather than Hispanic. As for the rest of Florida, I'd say you've nailed it! Awesome map!

As a Floridian, I agree. I think much of the belt in north Florida between Jacksonville and Tallahassee would be Anglo/black rather than Hispanic. As for the rest of Florida, I'd say you've nailed it! Awesome map!

Well Talle doesn't exist - at least in the modern form. its now a small town of over 60K, the city as founded much later then OTL do to the lack of a compromise between St. Aug and Pensacola. Largest city between the two hubs, but still small. A little over 200K people are moved equally to each of the new capitals.

Gian

Banned
OK managed to do Oregon's districts:

(Also, Leicester is our world's Portland, OR)
vMZuKDk.png

Oregon
  1. East Oregon (blue)
  2. Cascades (green)
  3. Willamette Foothills (red)
  4. Eugene—Corvallis (purple)
  5. Salem (yellow)
  6. North West Oregon (turquoise)
  7. Oregon City—Gresham (grey)
  8. Beaverton—Hillsboro (indigo)
  9. Leicester East (turquoise)
  10. Leicester West (hot pink)

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2018-5-5_21-17-42.png

*had to resize because i cannot find a way to get the spoiler image to work*
  1. West North Carolina - Blue
  2. Great Smoky Mountains - Green
  3. Gastonia-Columbus - Purple
  4. Charlotte - Red
  5. Salisbury-Hickory - Yellow
  6. Winston-Salem - Teal
  7. Greensboro - Gray
  8. Sanford-Asheboro - Slate Blue
  9. Monroe-Laurinburg - Light Blue
  10. Greensboro-Henderson - Hot Pink
  11. Raleigh - Chartruse
  12. Fayetteville-Lumberton - Cornflower Blue
  13. Southeast Counties - Salmon
  14. Goldsboro-Kinston - Orange
  15. Northeast Counties - Olive
  16. Greenville-Cape Hatteras - Lime
  17. Jacksonville-Morehead City - Navy Blue
Keep in mind this is my first redistricting attempt so any feedback is appreciated.

*had to resize because i cannot find a way to get the spoiler image to work*
  1. West North Carolina - Blue
  2. Great Smoky Mountains - Green
  3. Gastonia-Columbus - Purple
  4. Charlotte - Red
  5. Salisbury-Hickory - Yellow
  6. Winston-Salem - Teal
  7. Greensboro - Gray
  8. Sanford-Asheboro - Slate Blue
  9. Monroe-Laurinburg - Light Blue
  10. Greensboro-Henderson - Hot Pink
  11. Raleigh - Chartruse
  12. Fayetteville-Lumberton - Cornflower Blue
  13. Southeast Counties - Salmon
  14. Goldsboro-Kinston - Orange
  15. Northeast Counties - Olive
  16. Greenville-Cape Hatteras - Lime
  17. Jacksonville-Morehead City - Navy Blue
Keep in mind this is my first redistricting attempt so any feedback is appreciated.

NC has 23 districts I believe, also post with pop totals so that we can ensure you are within the pop limits.

OK managed to do Oregon's districts:

(Also, Leicester is our world's Portland, OR)

Oregon
  1. East Oregon (blue)
  2. Cascades (green)
  3. Willamette Foothills (red)
  5. Salem (yellow)
  6. North West Oregon (turquoise)
  7. Oregon City—Gresham (grey)
  8. Beaverton—Hillsboro (indigo)
  10. Leicester West (hot pink)

You sure you can't minimize the cuts - especially in Eugene? The point of high UK style deviations is give greater respect to local authorities like the UK does.

I can't get DRA to work, but if there is any other way to contribute, I'd be happy to. What I was thinking maybe make a list of Senators from each province (without any party label, as we haven't worked that out yet). Perhaps just put a few names for each state and label them as "center-right" or "center-left" etc until its time to whittle down the list?

Gian

Banned
I can't get DRA to work, but if there is any other way to contribute, I'd be happy to. What I was thinking maybe make a list of Senators from each province (without any party label, as we haven't worked that out yet). Perhaps just put a few names for each state and label them as "center-right" or "center-left" etc until its time to whittle down the list?

It works in Internet Explorer (if you have Silverlight ofc)

Gian

Banned
Anyways, I decided to revise my own proposal for Oregon:
qCEKfwA.png

Oregon
  1. East Oregon (blue)
  2. Medford—Bend—Klamath Falls (green)
  3. Willamette Foothills—South Coast (red)
  5. Salem (gold)
  6. Clackamas (dark turquoise)
  7. North West Oregon (grey)
  8. Beaverton (indigo)
  10. Leicester West—Central (hot pink)

I'm look at West Florida Right now, and if I do the 112K pop move from OTL talle to pensacola, then I think the state gains a seat. I'm not sure where this seat gets take from, especially if we don't want to redo some maps. Glancing over the list, Cuba is probably the safest state to grab a seat from, an its 28th seat is already in a rather weak position.

Also, if case anyone forgets, the Quiet Revolution (which started in the 1960s) is largely toned down to some extent, meaning that outside the major cities, the Francophone population in Quebec and Acadia (as well as Louisiana) are pretty much conservative ruralists (like the Acadians in @Kanan's TL).
Personally, I don't see that happening in Louisiana. Cajuns were essentially Long Democrats in OTL because of crippling poverty that Long did a lot to fix.

And I would like it if this timeline didn't just borrow stuff from people in lieu of creating original ideas.

I'm look at West Florida Right now, and if I do the 112K pop move from OTL talle to pensacola, then I think the state gains a seat. I'm not sure where this seat gets take from, especially if we don't want to redo some maps. Glancing over the list, Cuba is probably the safest state to grab a seat from, an its 28th seat is already in a rather weak position.
I've thought that it'd be hard to fill 28 seats for Cuba due to a lack of information about the islands (non-communist) community leaders. I think that might prove to be a good decision to move the extra seat to WF in that case.

Personally, I don't see that happening in Louisiana. Cajuns were essentially Long Democrats in OTL because of crippling poverty that Long did a lot to fix.

And I would like it if this timeline didn't just borrow stuff from people in lieu of creating original ideas.
While I don't necessary view the POD as "borrowed" seeing as how a POD is a POD at the end of the day, but I do agree that that Louisiana's Canjuns are too distinct from the broader Francophone segment to make the proposed Bloc as a political force outside of the OTL Canadian provinces/Northeast. I also think having a major separatist party, representing Quebec and the broader Francophone diaspora as a sort of left-wing nationalist SNP type party would be an interesting addition.

Gian

Banned
While I don't necessary view the POD as "borrowed" seeing as how a POD is a POD at the end of the day, but I do agree that that Louisiana's Canjuns are too distinct from the broader Francophone segment to make the proposed Bloc as a political force outside of the OTL Canadian provinces/Northeast. I also think having a major separatist party, representing Quebec and the broader Francophone diaspora as a sort of left-wing nationalist SNP type party would be an interesting addition.

I will actually say this (just in case people forget): the Acadian Expulsion never happened, so much of Louisiana's Francophone population will probably come from other French settlers (apart from the Acadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.