America Eterna: The History of the Federal Kingdom of America-My First Official TL

Welcome to my first real TL and I've only been here since '06.

First I will acknowledge all the people who have helped me brainstorm and inspired me to write this TL.

Big Tex: For creating the most awesome thread ever to appear on AH.com, The United States of Ameriwank for inspiring the American greatness that is about to come and for help with the map.

Thande: For the style and organization in Look to the West, which crystallized in by mind the format for America Eterna. And for creating an enjoyable read.

The Strangers: In advanced for being awesome

General Mung Beans: For contributing the name America Eterna

Lord Grattan: For more inspiration for an American Monarchy TL and the great TL, the Course of Human Events. And for help in the brainstorming of America Eterna and for helping with all of the monarchical titles.

David S. Poepoe: For the brainstorming including all the cool titles to come and for help with the peerage

CaptainAmerica: For brainstorming including the idea of King Alexander I and being a patient fanboy without a TL to read

Wolfpaw122: For brainstorming including figuring out the complicated multi-monarchy and being a fellow lupine

Habsburg: For also brainstorming the titles, the royal peerage, and the psuedo-A-H monarchy system

OAM47: For being a fanboy

Last edited:
And now one last technical bit before I start. If anyone wants to contribute .5's or Interludes (or whatever I may call them), PM me and we will work out the details.

I will accept constructive criticism, but please be kind as this is my first TL.

On the butterfly effect there will be a moderate butterfly effect they will be important but the world of 2009 ITTL won't be completely unrecognizable to us.

And so it begins:

Part I: America Eterna: Ad astra et ad infinitum

(From The American Pageant: A History of the Federal Kingdom of America by Dr. Sir Henry Adams IV and Dr. Susan Juarez, Royal Harvard Press, Cambridge, MA 2010)

Chapter III: Revolution.

It is amazing to think that that just two hundred and thirty four years ago what is now the Federal Kingdom of America was just sixteen separate colonies, stretching from Georgia to what was then called St. John’s Island, now known as Prince Phillip Island in the north [1]. Now America stretches from the Arctic to Panama, from the Philippines to the Moon. But how did America go from a divided coastal nation to the greatest nation ever seen in all of history?

At no time during the Revolution and the days after did this seem the likely or even a possible course. Many of the colonies had little in common. Quebec was a Catholic French speaking colony with a minority of Protestant and Catholic Anglophones, many fleeing oppression in Ireland [2]. In Pennsylvania the colony was populated by Germans and Quakers and so on.

Contrary to myth many of the Founding Fathers were not all rabid supporters of Independence from Great Britain. Many of them had served Britain during the French and Indian War and some including Guy Carleton, his brother Thomas, and their nephew Christopher were members of the British Army! Some like Joseph Brandt were Natives [3].

And for this group of men, a group as diverse as the Colonies themselves, to come together, don the Phrygian cap and defeat the world’s most powerful nation is astonishing even to this day. Benjamin Franklin perhaps said it the best when upon signing the Declaration of Independence he quipped, “We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.” Once the Declaration of Independence had been signed these men had crossed the Rubicon, there was no turning back now. Yet seemingly these men all accepted their fates with grace and dignity and without a second thought.

And not only did the War of Independence give the Founding Fathers the determination they needed during that hot summer of 1787 in Philadelphia when our Federal Kingdom came into being it also led to the rise of the second generation of men who would help guide and lead the Federal Kingdom to greatness. Much of our Federal Kingdom’s lore comes from the Revolutionary War. What schoolchild today does not know of Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride or the actions of the young Andrew Jackson and the young Tecumseh in the woods of Ohio and Pennsylvania, over thirty years before they would lead the Royal Armies to victory over the forces of Napoleon on the Iberian Peninsula and in France itself?

Perhaps most what is most important is the beginnings of a common and shared identity during the Revolution when the Virginian and the Quebecois, the Georgian and the Nova Scotian, the New Hampshirite and the Pennsylvanian, European and Native, Catholic and Protestant became American. While this does not underscore the problems that would face the Federal Kingdom over its long history; the roots of our common identity as Americans hearken back to the days of Valley Forge and the Second Battle Trois Rivieres.

On that hallowed day, July 4, 1776, great men from Virginia, Quebec, New York, Rhode Island, Georgia, South Carolina, Nova Scotia, Prince Phillip Island, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts laid forth the foundation of what was to become the greatest nation the world has ever seen.

Our history of the Revolution begins...

[1] Renamed in honour of the Prince of Columbia, Prince Phillip Hamilton in 1800.
[2] More on this later.
[3] The author's (and of the general populace) distinction between so-called "civilised" tribes of the East, ie, the Iroquois Confederacy, the Shawnees, and the Five Civilised Tribes of Natives compared to the uncivilised tribes of Indians in the West. More on this later as well.

A note on spellings. From writing's within the TL I shall be using the English spellings as thats what the citizens of America use ITTL.

Very interesting so far, Wolf. Can't wait for more.:)

If I may make a suggestion about bringing more Natives into the nation? There was a deal with a Native Chief(whose name escapes me) for Ohio to become a state early, when it was largely Native. Sure, it was destined in a few years to be swamped with whites, but the experience of dealing with Natives as equals and, for members of the Ohioan gov't, superiors, will do a lot to help kill off some bad feelings between the groups. IOTL that chief was killed, and the deal fell through, here though...

Also would it be too much to ask that *Wisconsin finally gets our part of the UP back? I get tired of every TL giving it to Michigan, let them have the Toledo Strip, we want our land back!:p;)(Obsessed? Me? Never!)

Very interesting so far, Wolf. Can't wait for more.:)

If I may make a suggestion about bringing more Natives into the nation? There was a deal with a Native Chief(whose name escapes me) for Ohio to become a state early, when it was largely Native. Sure, it was destined in a few years to be swamped with whites, but the experience of dealing with Natives as equals and, for members of the Ohioan gov't, superiors, will do a lot to help kill off some bad feelings between the groups. IOTL that chief was killed, and the deal fell through, here though...

I'll look into that. And of course many Natives fight along side the Patriots during the ARW will help too.

Also would it be too much to ask that *Wisconsin finally gets our part of the UP back? I get tired of every TL giving it to Michigan, let them have the Toledo Strip, we want our land back!:p;)(Obsessed? Me? Never!)

Thats exactly what I had planned. :D

And yes the Packers and the Badgers will exist ITTL. As will Lambeau Field and Vince Lombardi.

I'll look into that. And of course many Natives fight along side the Patriots during the ARW will help too.
There was a thread on it somewhere in here. I don't remember who started it or what it was called though.

Thats exactly what I had planned. :D

And yes the Packers and the Badgers will exist ITTL. As will Lambeau Field and Vince Lombardi.
You are a saint, sir.:cool:

There was a thread on it somewhere in here. I don't remember who started it or what it was called though.

You are a saint, sir.:cool:

Thankee.

This looks very promising, Wolf.

Trois Rivieres...hmm, where have I seen this town come up in AH before? :confused::D
Thanks.

Honestly. I tried not to use Trois Rivieres but I could not find any place else that existed back then that would suit my purposes.

And so it begins:
What schoolchild today does not know of Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride or the actions of the young Andrew Jackson and the young Tecumseh in the woods of Ohio and Pennsylvania,

sorry this was botherin me,
Tecumseh and Jackson were both born in the late 1760's and neither fought in the ARW
I like it overall, I'll keep readin great job

Tecumseh and Jackson were both born in the late 1760's and neither fought in the ARW
I don't know about Tecumseh, but Jackson was involved a little in the ARW. He was a Patriot sympathiser, got roughed up by some British soldiers, and was sent to prison for a while by them. He hated the British ever since. They might be alluding to that resistance of his, or maybe he does something worthwhile and important this time.

I'm not exactly sure. But I do wonder about Tecumseh as well.

EDIT: BTW, Wolf, I think I found the Chief who tried to make that deal with the Americans. Chief White Eyes. I'm fairly certain he's the guy I was thinking of, a Delaware tribe Chief who negotiated with the Americans for a Delaware state in Eastern Ohio with full representation in Congress in exchange for his tribe fighting alongside and acting as guides for the Americans so they could reach the British and their allies out further west. May help with claiming Upper Canada more easily.

Plus, some of the neutral or American-supporting tribes may see his deal and strive to get one similar for themselves. Most of these states will probably be overrun by whites eventually, but it will do a great many things for reducing prejudice against the Natives.

Last edited:
I don't know about Tecumseh, but didn't Jackson carry messages around the frontlines (or something) for the revolutionaries?

I don't know about Tecumseh, but didn't Jackson carry messages around the frontlines (or something) for the revolutionaries?
my bad, yea you're right, he was a courier at age 13.
Tecumseh's village was attacked by Americans during the war because the Shawnee were allied to the Brits, and he didn't fight
even with Jackson as a courier, you wouldn't have learned about him as a schoolchild

Well Tecumseh is a year younger than Jackson.

I don't know about Tecumseh, but Jackson was involved a little in the ARW. He was a Patriot sympathiser, got roughed up by some British soldiers, and was sent to prison for a while by them. He hated the British ever since. They might be alluding to that resistance of his, or maybe he does something worthwhile and important this time.

I'm not exactly sure. But I do wonder about Tecumseh as well.

EDIT: BTW, Wolf, I think I found the Chief who tried to make that deal with the Americans. Chief White Eyes. I'm fairly certain he's the guy I was thinking of, a Delaware tribe Chief who negotiated with the Americans for a Delaware state in Eastern Ohio with full representation in Congress in exchange for his tribe fighting alongside and acting as guides for the Americans so they could reach the British and their allies out further west. May help with claiming Upper Canada more easily.

Plus, some of the neutral or American-supporting tribes may see his deal and strive to get one similar for themselves. Most of these states will probably be overrun by whites eventually, but it will do a great many things for reducing prejudice against the Natives.

Thanks Jord.

He was a POW of the Brits. But the butterflies will put him a a slightly different locale ITTL.

my bad, yea you're right, he was a courier at age 13.
Tecumseh's village was attacked by Americans during the war because the Shawnee were allied to the Brits, and he didn't fight
even with Jackson as a courier, you wouldn't have learned about him as a schoolchild

Butterflies, my friend butterflies. ITTL the Shawnee are not allied with Great Britain.

Might i make a suggestion Wolf, Joseph Brandt is going to remain firmly British because the Proclamation 1763 and the fact that King George III personally gave Brandt his apron when he became a Mason. However, There was a major Iroqouis Chief that opposed Brandt, Joseph Louis Cook. Just have him lead the Iroqouis instead of Brandt