America discovered in 1392

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by The Studying Erudite, Jun 12, 2019 at 5:56 AM.

1. The Studying Erudite Banned

What would happen if some mad sailor from europe would reach america im 1392 and return to tell? how would this effect europe, america and the rest of the world?

2. Jing0ist_Peasant Member

it depends where he is from

Vornado and Lenwe like this.
  3. Koprulu Mustafa Pasha Sadrazam of the Roman Empire

I think the desire to find the Indies were the main reason that more expeditions to the West were held.

So... there is a likely chance nobody really uses the discovery (France and England are at war, Castile has not finished the reconquista and has internal issues...) leaving only Portugal. I guess there won't be major expeditions held until the 1420s or so by both Portugal and Castile.

TeePee likes this.
  4. Shehryar Member

have an earlier conquest of constantinople. perhaps one done by the Arabs.
    Have the subsequent crusades fail miserably, hence no possible land route to the indies, hence an incentive for finding alternative trade routes, that leads to naval expditions financed by the europeans.
    Have the reconquesta be completed in advance, so Spain and Portugal have the funds to launch said expeditions, otherwise those funds would be used to bolster their armies at home.
    I think that would be enough for the americas discovered in 1392.

VirginiaStronk and Miguel Lanius like this.