Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and here we go for Part 3 of this thread. Same rules apply as always. We are looking for viable and realistic Alternative History AFVs, ideally with a suitable developmental backstory to explain and justify your idea/creations.

Please keep things realistic and I might even get round to building your concept in 1/35 scale.

Images, plans, ideas, CGI and models all welcome but please no crazy, unrealistic madness. Something that might have been, could be or might be in the real world is what we are after. :)

A link to the old threat can be found at: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ured-fighting-vehicles-part-2.357730/page-498

Last edited:
Current on going projects:

Mid 2.jpg
Mid 4.jpg

Mid 2.jpg
Mid 6.jpg

A6E3875F-69DF-49D1-AC40-E7380B57C094.png

B2599B6B-F4E5-4976-A996-FF17F7FCE6BA.png

Last edited:
Its amusing how these threads and those for gorgeous women compete and leap-frog each other, with many of the same posters.

It's quite literally "Girls und Panzer". :).

Clearly girls are winning out - as they should.

Healthy priorities.

How do the fins clear the mount assembly? I'm missing something here, aren't I?
I don't know, it was designed to be mounted on flak gun mounts.

th
r1rr2web.jpg

I don't think it was meant to be mounted on vehicles but modelers seem to like to play with the idea.

72a378ec489d4c0bf2035f55d02f620d.jpg

The fins don't appear to be obstructed in any of these pics.

Hello!

Just a question to folks.

Given cortze#9's wonderful depiction of the 'jagd-phant':

A few years ago I played around with an idea I called the Kursk Panther, the idea was what if the Panther turrets had been mounted on Ferdinands and cancelling the faults of each vehicle.
Here's the Jagdpanther version of that idea.

View attachment 467599

What would the performance be like on such a beasty?

Hello!

Just a question to folks.

Given cortze#9's wonderful depiction of the 'jagd-phant':

What would the performance be like on such a beasty?
I always have a hard time answering these types of questions, I'm no engineer or even a decent mechanic, I can change a tire and that's about it.
The Jagd-phant (I like that name) would have a better suspension IMO but still have that fussy Porsche electro-gas transmission so maybe it would have slightly better performance or be more or less the same as the OTL Jagdpanther.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with a better answer.

cortze#9?

Is the hull 'shallower' on that sloped version than a 'Box' tiger?

Since there aren't any torsion bars crossing the hull.
Yes and because the tank is now rear drive and the transmission is in the rear as well. The turret is also closer to the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.