Alternate world Propaganda

OK, congrats. That was creepy as fuck. :eek: Well done. Make some CoC propaganda too. :) I'd love to see their cheesy nationalist film vignette.

Thanks. :D I'll have to find some Southern-accented speech reels for the CoC (maybe anti-desegregation guys from the 50s-60s and take out of context). And yes, it will be decidedly cheesy. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKIZSyDD9YQ&feature=youtu.be

I made a rally video. :D:eek: It actually has an alternate history speech that I made by splicing together various Harry Truman lines. A guy even rushes the dictator and they all "Hail!" "America! America!" as the goons beat the guy to death. :D:eek: And yes, those are USA flags, with stars depicting the countries that "should" be in the Republican Union. Think of them as the emblem of Manifest Destiny in my TL. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKIZSyDD9YQ&feature=youtu.be

I made a rally video. :D:eek: It actually has an alternate history speech that I made by splicing together various Harry Truman lines. A guy even rushes the dictator and they all "Hail!" "America! America!" as the goons beat the guy to death. :D:eek: And yes, those are USA flags, with stars depicting the countries that "should" be in the Republican Union. Think of them as the emblem of Manifest Destiny in my TL. :cool:

Too bad you couldn't find that recording in which Truman was shit faced and started badmouthing "them papists".

What are the 2 flags displayed ?

Too bad you couldn't find that recording in which Truman was shit faced and started badmouthing "them papists".

What are the 2 flags displayed ?

Lol, I'm sure it exists, deep in the White House vault, under lock and key. :p

The first is the Republican Union flag, and the one with the cross is the R.U. Army.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFk2yArSzLU

I made another propaganda video. :D

The creaky old recording of Battle Cry of Freedom I used had a line which fit the TL ridiculously well: "Even though they may be poor, not a man shall be a slave." In the context of my TL, that's the Union in a nutshell; they banned slavery before anyone else, and it's one of their main ways to hate on their neighbors and be self-righteous, and the Slavic and Irish workers they abuse and pay next to nothing (that replaced slaves) are the ones who "may be poor, but aren't slaves." :eek::D

inspired by something on another thread:

hitler-steady.jpg

japanese+communist+party+1.png

Join The People's Guard
The People of the People's Republic of Japan is Under Attack From the Czarist Russians Join the People's Guard to defend Japan from the Czarists!
To Join the most patriotic group in the nation go to the nearest police station if you're:
• a full blooded comrade of Japan
• between 20 and 35 years old
• fit
• willing to spend at least 10 hours a week patrolling for Czarist filth

If you meet these requirements than your a prime canadate for the guard

Last edited:
Part of our ongoing Commie Canada Series

propaganda-the-battle-for-hearts-and-minds.htm

JOIN THE SOUTHERN ARMY
The Southern Army is a great opportunity for you to show your patriotism towards the C.C.R. it is entirely made up of Volunteers from the Occupied Territories
They fight like Canadians, They fight with Canadians, BUT THEY'RE AMERICANS

Another parliamentary elections poster from my Sparrow Avengers universe.

This time, it's for an agrarian party, though of a different country than in my previous example. These agrarians are from the Republic of Turiec, which is the western constituent half of the Confederation of Liptov and Turiec.

For your convenience, here's a translation of the poster (I've tried to preserve the rhymes and puns that are present in the lower text) :

"Honest work always bears fruit. In the Agrarian Party, we value above all the rectitude, diligence and purposefulness of Turiec's citizens, we protect their enterprising spirit and guarantee the prosperity of the countryside.

Agrarian Party of Turiec

When the time for elections is apt
vote for progress, vote for the APT !
When you're worried about your livelihood's certainty
fear not and vote for number 3 !
"

:D

Volebné plagáty - Konfederácia Liptova a Turca, TAS.png

Last edited:
OK, another poster from that setting, but now a military themed one.

qg1a521b78h4fdmzg.jpg

2dm077rmeh66fllzg.jpg

This is a simple 1930s "ad" poster for the Orava-Kysuce Air Guard, the aerial component of the armed forces of the Democratic Republic of Orava and Kysuce. The first one is a preserved original, the latter a weathered one.

The fighter plane appearing in the upper part of the poster - a Letov L-395 Krkavec - is one of the mainstays of the OKAG's rather humble aircraft inventory. Nevertheless, as the poster's text courageously claims :

"We defend our mountains, forests,
and the entirety of our borderlands,
we defend them from the depth of our soul !

ORAVA-KYSUCE AIR GUARD
"

Those three verses are actually a literary reference that the locals might consider interesting and patriotic. Specifically, it's a sly paraphrase of local poet and playwright Pavol Országh Hviezdoslav's famous opening verses from his dramatic poem, Hájnikova žena. Said verses go like this : Pozdravujem vás hory, lesy, z tej duše pozdravujem vás ! ("I greet you, mountains, forests, I greet you from the depth of my soul !")

The mountain in the background is Babia hora, the highest mountain of Orava and one of the natural symbols of said region. No suprise, since posters like this are all about patriotism and to reassure the populace that "we'll give all outside enemies and air pirates a proper lickin' if they dare come invade our airspace". ;)

Last edited: