Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Old Walrus is re-elected amidst increasing polarisation between the Social Democrats and Republicans.

California_1918_Presidential_Hunt.PNG

Last edited:
Speaking of Arizona, we have Ernest McFarland and 3 different kinds of leadership.

attachment.php

The story here is McFarland beats Goldwater in the 1958 rematch, becoming the 17th new Democrat elected to the 86th Congress, but loses to Steve Shadegg (Goldwater ally and father to later AZ Rep John Shadegg) in 1964. His 5th consecutive nomination and 2nd loss for his Senate seat in fact. Rather then the failed nomination of Fortas to replace Warren, instead it's McFarland from the beginning, making him leader of 3 different branches of Government: 2 Federal and 1 state.

Who appointed him and his successor, well it's no fun if I tell you all the details. ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 67076

Ja. Also it has Bulgaria (see the DS leader) in it, for total population of 30 million. I'm mildly curious about going back and turning this into a series (because everyone's made an American or Canadian infobox series, but who's done Yugoslavia?), if I can find a good place to start.
Do it. Break the mold and do something new.

While I'm at it, /r/ing an infobox for Henry Clay as president.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it looks like there are quite a few more Polish civilian deaths, which would make sense seeing as how the Germans have the monopoly on violence.

Correct. Poland has a extensive amount of civilian casualties here compared to the Germans.

Still thousands of German civilian casualties in a region with a very small German population seems strange. And Nazi reprisals tended to be a lot more disproportional.

Most of the German civilian deaths were as a result of Home Army attacks in the Reichsgau Wartheland and Danzig-West Prussia near the border between them and the General Government.

As for the reprisals. Most of them occurred after fighting had seized. The numbers in the infobox cover civilian deaths during the period of actual open violence between Polish resistance groups and the Germans.

A Jovian Night's Election Dream

When Jim Jones was given a vision of the future of America from the archangel Columbia, he did not shrink from it. He did not run away. Instead, the Great Prophet embraced the vision. But we as a people have run from that vision. Today we must stop running from it. We must embrace it, so that we can spread torch of liberty and freedom to the ends of the stars.
-John Lyman Sears, 2136

John Lyman Sears
is an American politician, labor lawyer, landowner and rancher. He was formerly a U.S. Senator from Saratoga (2125 - 2128) and the 31st Governor of Saratoga (2115 - 2123). He was the Democratic nominee for President in 2120, emerging as the darkhorse compromise candidate at the 2120 Democratic National Convention, as UAW Chair Kwame Baker and U.S. Senator Ben Griffin were deadlocked. Sears became the compromise candidate, though his campaign was lackluster and largely unable to find a coherent message. He ended up losing the election to Republican President Janet Gibbs.

Sears finished out his term as Governor and was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2124. He served until 2128 when he resigned, citing mental health issues (an assassination attempt, a messy divorce with his wife and a string of home burglaries in 2127 left him frazzled). He retired to the Xanadu Commonwealth on Titan where he became a rancher. He was elected Chair of the Xanadu Cattleman's Association in 2133, and he has adopted twin centaur daughters (Nausicca and Corcyra) who had been abandoned at birth. Sears is one of the largest landowners in central Xanadu, and is also a larger investor in the Xanadu & Redmond Railroad and the New Yuma Railroad Holdings. He is believed to be a close political ally of liberal Barasses leaders, including Nechiore King and her younger half-sister, Hyale King. Sears and the Cattleman's Association have come into conflict in recent years with Mario Fowler and the American Volunteers, an organization of illegal human settlers in the First Nation reserves.

John Lyman Sears is the son of John Lillard Sears (an astrophysicist the current President of Harvard University) and Melissa Lyman (the former White House Chief of Staff and U.S. Secretary of State under Andrew Oldfield and Douglas Grayson). His natural-born son John Oldfield Sears is currently a Deputy White House Counsel in the administration of Benjamin G. Thurman and his natural-born daughter Chelsie Sears is an astro-geologist and the chair of the Morton K. Blaustein Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Johns Hopkins University.

1O478b8.png

2127 Dacia
2131 Dacia
2133 Xanadu
2135 Dacia
Second Whaling War
2139 Dacia
2137 Xanadu
2141 Xanadu & 2143 Barasses
2145 Xanadu & 2147 Barasses
2149 Xanadu & 2151 Barasses
2153 Xanadu

Is there conscription in the *US, or did Sears sign up voluntarily? I have rather a hard time seeing him as a military man, TBH.

Is there conscription in the *US, or did Sears sign up voluntarily? I have rather a hard time seeing him as a military man, TBH.

There is mandatory national service for all Americans, and very few actually receive exemptions from it. A young American can opt to join the regular military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Rocket Force), the VISTA program (Volunteers in Service to America, still a domestic Peace Corps), the Civilian Conservation Corps (basically tree planting and gardening, a clone of the New Deal-era CCC) or the Minutemen. Most opt to join either VISTA or the CCC (which rely on a very regimental, military-esque structure), but if they want a military route, those from the Inner System often join the regular military and those from the Outer System join the Minutemen (it's rare to see it go the other way).

Nofix, John Shadegg would've been 15 in 1964. He wouldn't be eligible for the House until 1974.

...Damn it. I got him mixed up with his pappy, Steve Shadegg, who was a Goldwater supporter in '52 and '58. Fixed it now.

Fun fact for how I get rid of the purple text: I just link everything to cheese. Seriously.

Last edited:
A Jovian Election Night's Dream
The Harriman v. Peña case is considered a landmark decision of the late 21st century U.S. Supreme Court as it was the last major and significant challenge to the National Service Act of 2067 and affirmed the Thirty Second Amendment's so-called Greater Good Clause. Since the ruling, subsequent U.S. administrations have used the National Service Act's Section 6 to create near-zero percent employment rates as unemployed Americans are conscripted into the WPA and other programs to build and settle off-world infrastructure projects.

ouRBqN6.png

2127 Dacia
2131 Dacia
2133 Xanadu
2135 Dacia
Second Whaling War
John Lyman Sears
2137 Xanadu
2139 Dacia
2141 Xanadu & 2143 Barasses
2145 Xanadu & 2147 Barasses
2149 Xanadu & 2151 Barasses
2153 Xanadu

So that's where the technocracy comes into it. Oh well, at least the conscript workers will probably be able to unionise.

Also, am I reading that wrong, or did the same justice make seven different opinions? How does that work?

EDIT: Also, this is coming a bit late, but I noticed that in your Second Whaling War infobox, all the Europan leaders have Danicised Greenlandic surnames. I can understand that you want a counterpart culture, but this really makes no sense unless the Danish ruled and oppressed the Whaling Congress nations for centuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.