Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Duke was a U.S. politician, political activist, landowner and militia leader. Born in Oklahoma and raised in Louisiana, Duke settled in the U.S. Territory of Ticonderoga on the Lunar Nearside in 1976. Duke was originally a member of the Klan and other white supremacist organizations, but left (and later repudiated them) after converting to Columbianism in 1981. He became a landowner on Ticonderoga, coming to own several hundred thousands acres of ranchland. Duke was elected to the Ticonderoga Territorial Assembly in 1982.

In 1990, Duke was elected the Secretary of the Ticonderoga Territory and was reelected four times, twice serving as acting governor (1999 and 2004). During his time as Secretary, he authored and supported several segregationist bills targeted at non-human minorities, most of which would form the bedrock of Cordell Hull's Columbianist scientific racism (Hull would cite Duke as an important influence in his book, The Rise of the Great Race) and later, federal aborigine policies. When Ticonderoga became a state in 2009, Duke was elected its first governor. During the Third World War (2012 - 2019), Duke raised and led the Ticonderoga militia, leading it into battle during the Artemis River campaign of 2014 - 15. After the war, he left the Democratic Party and was elected to the U.S. Senate as an Independent Democrat, where he caucused with the Republicans until his death in 2033. Duke ran for president in 2024 as an independent, winning 1.76% of the vote, finishing a close second behind Republican President Brian Ortega in Ticonderoga.

rXJqBYl.png

Last edited:
Sorry my wikibox came out so bad and all the links re-direct to something else. I used California Governor's Pete Wilson's page as my template as he has a similar resume to my character, except he wasn't president of course.

EDIT: I fixed it with the help of Microsoft paint, :D

Last edited:
Next in my series. Here's Canada's next election.

With Frank McKenna's Liberals having won a majority government in the 2008 election, Reform leader Stockwell Day struggled to hang on. Soon, with Reform failing to make any gains in the polls and frequent controversy surrounding his leadership, Day reluctantly stepped down as Reform leader, triggering a leadership election. The frontrunner soon became former General Rick Hillier, a relative moderate who prior to entering the leadership race had said little about his political views. Hillier faced former cabinet minister Stephen Harper, running for the Reform leadership for the second time, and several other minor candidates, each of whom dropped out before the vote to support either Hillier or Harper. With nearly 60% of the vote, Hillier was elected Reform leader. Hillier's election soon resulted in a drop of support for the PC's, as many voters in the PC's Atlantic base were drawn to fellow Atlantic Canadian Hillier.

The NDP had also gone through a leadership race following the death of Jack Layton, which saw the election of former Manitoba Premier Gary Doer as party leader.

One of the important events that McKenna faced during his second term was the election of Quebec Liberal President Michaelle Jean. Jean, who was decidedly more pro-Canada then her predecessors, quickly struck a good working relationship with McKenna, and discussions began surrounding how, theoretically, the two countries could cooperate effectively. To some, it appeared that the era of difficult Canada-Quebec relations was over.

Though this proved to be popular amongst Canadians, an expense scandal damaged the popularity of McKenna's government, and polling soon showed the race to be neck-and-neck between the Liberals and Reform. McKenna delayed calling the election for as long as he could, before calling an election for September 2013.

Hillier ran a smooth campaign, while McKenna was unable to shake the baggage of his last year in office. As it looked like Reform was headed for a majority, McKenna shifted his campaign strategy, instead warning Canadians that Hillier would undo all the progress his government made in improving Canada-Quebec relations. This struck a chord with voters, and by election day a Liberal minority, though not expected, now looked like a possibility.

Canada 2013.png

Hillier, however, was able to overcome these attacks and lead Reform to a minority government. The Liberals were reduced to 90 seats, and McKenna resigned shortly afterward, while the NDP lost several seats as well. The Greens, meanwhile, made a record breakthrough after successfully lobbying for leader Mike Schreiner to be included in the leaders debates, and managed to elect 5 MPs.

Most significantly, though, was that the PCs were able to hang onto enough seats to hold the balance of power. Hillier and PC leader Peter MacKay quickly made a coalition deal, resulting in MacKay and several other PC MPs being appointed to Cabinet in exchange for their support for the government.

Presidents of Quebec:
Jacques Parizeau (
Parti Quebecois) 1996-2001
Lucien Bouchard (
Parti Quebecois) 2001-2006
Louise Harel (Parti Quebecois) 2006-2011
Michaelle Jean (Liberal) 2011-20XX

Prime Ministers of Quebec:
Lucien Bouchard (Parti Quebecois) 1996-2001
Pauline Marois (
Parti Quebecois) 2001-2004
Martin Cauchon (Liberal) 2004-2009
Gilles Duceppe
(Parti Quebecois) 2009-20XX

Prime Ministers of Canada:
Jean Chretien (Liberal) 1993-1997
Brian Tobin (Liberal) 1997-1998

Joe Clark (Progressive Conservative) 1998-2001
Preston Manning (Reform) 2001-2006
Frank McKenna (Liberal) 2006-2013

Rick Hillier
(Reform) 2013-20XX

Independent Quebec!
Quebec presidential election 1996 and Quebec legislative election 1996
Canadian federal election 1998

Quebec presidential election 2001 and Quebec legislative election 2000
Canadian federal election 2001
Canadian federal election 2003
Quebec legislative election 2004
Canadian federal election 2004
Quebec legislative election 2005
Canadian federal election 2006
Quebec presidential election 2006
Canadian federal election 2008
Quebec legislative election 2009
Quebec presidential election 2011 and Quebec legislative election 2011

Canada 2013.png

Thande

Donor
Sorry my wikibox came out so bad and all the links re-direct to something else. I used California Governor's Pete Wilson's page as my template as he has a similar resume to my character, except he wasn't president of course.

EDIT: I fixed it with the help of Microsoft paint, :D

Why is the font all wrong and wonky?

To be fair, maybe in the late 21st century Wikipedia is going through a retro phase and decides to change its style to resemble a 1990s website ;)

(I know people usually think of "flashing underlined lime green Courier New on a black background with frames and animated gifs" when they think 1990s website, but "small Times New Roman text on a white background where absolutely everything is a hyperlink" was also a 90s thing).

Actually there's a challenge - rather than emulating current Wikipedia so it looks 'realistic' to our eyes for suspension of disbelief, people could try guessing what an alternate Wikipedia equivalent might look like...

Goddamnit. No! If you want REAL conservatism to survive, have the PCs not sell their souls out to populists!

Populism is a credible and crucial part of any electorate. To ignore them is what got the PC's in trouble in the first place. Besides Rick Hillier is a moderate from the Atlantic, it only makes sense.

Populism is a credible and crucial part of any electorate. To ignore them is what got the PC's in trouble in the first place. Besides Rick Hillier is a moderate from the Atlantic, it only makes sense.
Just because the leader sounds sensible does not mean his party is. Plus, rightwing populism and social conservatism is not really conservative, but reactionary.

Cool infoboxes, Kaiser K! And, as I can infer from the infoboxes, also a cool and sensible decision to make the Caucasian ethnicities the equivalent of the long-segregated African Americans.

Ramzan Kadyrov as Russian President and no comments? I find it cool! And also sensible, as the Caucasian ethnicities really are discriminated against, as opposed to the Cossacks!

Cool infoboxes, Kaiser K! And, as I can infer from the infoboxes, also a cool and sensible decision to make the Caucasian ethnicities the equivalent of the long-segregated African Americans.

Ramzan Kadyrov as Russian President and no comments? I find it cool! And also sensible, as the Caucasian ethnicities really are discriminated against, as opposed to the Cossacks!

it's a different Ramzan Kadyrov then OTL Pirate, but he is still Chechen, and I kind of had to use another one of the ethnicities, as there really isn't that many African-Americans/Black people in Russia.

also, the Aurumian Jeffersonian Republic I posted a infobox about before, I made some edits to it.

Untitled7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.