Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was for my planned Jackie Kennedy TL, but since it has gone unwritten for two years now, I might as well post my election infoboxes for it.

This is the 1984 Presidential election. The POD is in the 1950s, when Jackie Kennedy falls down a flight of stairs and becomes more interested in politics as a result. After her husband's death in 1963, she doesn't remarry, but instead enters politics and moves to New York City, getting involved in Democratic circles in the city government. In 1970, she is elected to the United States Senate, and throughout the next two decades, becomes one of the most powerful Senators in the country.

Camelot1984PresidentialElection_zpsc0a7e316.png

----------

Camelot1988PresidentialElection_zps3ea3e6ff.png

That's quite a strange electoral map there.

Admittedly it is based off of a President Forever game I played as Glenn. What it doesn't show is that many states were very close and swayed with the wind so to speak. The entire Rust Belt, the remainder of the South, the Northeast and Washington were all tossups or maintained a Reagan lead by a hair. Only problem was, Reagan won the overwhelming number of close contests. I only won the popular vote in part because I had strong leads in New York and California.

Still, given I had expected to win even as the results were ticking in, the defeat proved crushing, the fact it was by such a landslide even more so.

wKaT6KO.jpg

Again, President Forever, but this was the inverse of the last infobox I posted, where I expected to lose, but somehow managed to win. As Connally, I ended up in a bruising primary battle with Reagan that went all the way to the convention; coming out I was at least twenty points behind Carter, despite the damage he had incurred from the Hostage Crisis and the Economy. I did what I could to close the gap, at some point in October bringing it to a dead heat, at which point the campaign finances dried up. Not being able to pay for our many state operations, everything came close to falling apart. Doing what we could we moved our concentration from campaigning to fundraising, planning on a major push just before the election. Even with that push however Connally was six points behind Carter (43%-49% I think), and so expected a respectable loss.

Come to find out as the votes are coming in that final push managed to do the trick, pulling the undecideds in Connally's direction, while also getting some who had intended to vote for Carter. Far from the performance I had intended to achieve when I began the Campaign, but far and above the performance I had expected the night before (so to speak).

Also, just to point it out, there were many many many close states that were for the most part down to the wire, specifically though in the Rust Belt and the Northeast; the South was largely in play too for a while before it began to lock for Carter, though I managed to still make some inroads.

Something to give you all nightmares. :p EDIT: Yes I know it mentions Dean/Edwards; I'm too complacent to fix it.

vIdreOw.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 67076

We have the UN, New Deal, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jackie Kennedy, Stonewall, formerly the tallest building in the world. The Brooklyn Bridge. Broadway, Times Square, good public transportation, Grand Central Station, Penn Station, good food. Real Irish people! St. Patrick's Day Parade. Columbus Day Parade. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. New Year's Ball Drop. Little Italy. Chinatown. Fire Island. Montauk Point. North Shore Long Island. The Catskills. Plum Island. Ellis Island. Statue of Liberty. Adirondack Mountains. Lake Erie. Erie Canal. Niagara Falls. Danny DeVito. Joe Pesci. Al Pacino. Robert De Niro. Settings of Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, etc...

We got blown up in Independence Day, occupied in V, attacked in Call of Duty, and attacked in real life! Boston gets ignored!
Not to mention. We have the Bronx. Nuff said

Isn't Connolly Texan?

He is, but it's possible he's living in New York during 1980 a la Nixon 1968 (he was officially registered as a New Yorker that year, despite being previously a lifelong Californian).

...But if Connally is living it up in New York, then that means he has to do something complicated like kicking Jack Kemp out of the state and his congressional seat. So, I'm guessing it's another classic Ariostoan mistake.

Something to give you all nightmares. :p EDIT: Yes I know it mentions Dean/Edwards; I'm too complacent to fix it.

vIdreOw.png

Edwards would have to be discovered cutting his mistresses body into pieces next to bottles of ketchup and mustard in order to lose DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.