Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
TDKL Infobox.png

A take on the next Batman movie. Nolan has already said he'll stay on as a producer for at least two more Batman movies, but since he won't direct, I put Daniel Espinosa in the directors chair. I believe the styles he used in Snabba Cash and Safe House would suit the dark atmosphere Nolan has already developed in his Batman trilogy, and he does make for an unconventional choice (although he was on the shortlist for directing a big superhero movie a few years ago, but I can't remember which). Drew Goddard (Buffy, Angel, Cloverfield, The Cabin in the Woods) writes the screenplay, and Michael Fassbender takes over the role of Batman after a good deal of persuasion. The main antagonist is the The Riddler, portrayed by James Callis, who gives a much darker take on the character compared to the Jim Carrey version. Max von Sydow takes over the role of Alfred, while Hugh Laurie replaces Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon.

TDKL Infobox.png

Anglia, officially the People's Collective of Anglia, is a unitary single-party Marxist-Hobanist syndicalist state ocated off the north-western coast of continental Europe. Its capital and largest city is London. The British Demilitarized Zone serves as the boundary between Anglia and the Republic of Scotland. The current syndicalist regime came to power in the July Revolution of 2050. The United Kingdom dissolved after World War III. England fell into anarchy, suffering under a succession of different authoritarian regimes until the rise of the French-backed syndicalist government in 250.

Anglia puts the "plan" in planned state. It's a truly Orwelian state with control over most every facet of public life. Government computer and human planners determine the perfect occupation and spouse for citizens. They also determine how many children to have and when to have them. They determine just how many calories a citizen needs in order to function over the course of the day. Deviating from your planned schedule is tantamount to treason.

Even though it's a nominal member of the Communist International, Anglia is often treated as a pariah by its "allies". Anglia has yet to hear of a single revolutionary movement that it won't throw money and arms at (it's not nearly as dogmatic and tribal as those French Trotskyists or Chinese Maoists).

yTqjc.png

Anglia puts the "plan" in planned state. It's a truly Orwelian state with control over most every facet of public life. Government computer and human planners determine the perfect occupation and spouse for citizens. They also determine how many children to have and when to have them. They determine just how many calories a citizen needs in order to function over the course of the day. Deviating from your planned schedule is tantamount to treason.

so a minor disruption would cause chaos? I sure hope that "computer system" isn't running windows.

so a minor disruption would cause chaos? I sure hope that "computer system" isn't running windows.

I have a mental image of some dystopian future where a revolutionary is using a copy of the only known OS... Windows 95 with a custom hacked version of Minesweeper, when just as the bomb is about to destroy London... a pop-up appears 'ILLEGAL OPERATION WILL BE SHUT DOWN'

Nietzsche

Banned
View attachment 182614

A take on the next Batman movie. Nolan has already said he'll stay on as a producer for at least two more Batman movies, but since he won't direct, I put Daniel Espinosa in the directors chair. I believe the styles he used in Snabba Cash and Safe House would suit the dark atmosphere Nolan has already developed in his Batman trilogy, and he does make for an unconventional choice (although he was on the shortlist for directing a big superhero movie a few years ago, but I can't remember which). Drew Goddard (Buffy, Angel, Cloverfield, The Cabin in the Woods) writes the screenplay, and Michael Fassbender takes over the role of Batman after a good deal of persuasion. The main antagonist is the The Riddler, portrayed by James Callis, who gives a much darker take on the character compared to the Jim Carrey version. Max von Sydow takes over the role of Alfred, while Hugh Laurie replaces Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon.

I think Laurie would make a better Riddler than Callis.

I like this - who do Park and Glau play?

Summer Glau you say?

Well, I'm prepared for the inevitable flop.

Because IIRC they were more or less uninhabited until the 19th or 20th centuries IOTL. No natives to piss off.

Um, no.

Comoros has been inhabited for the last 1,500 years and had a state-level society before European colonization.

Seychelles has been inhabited continuously since the mid-18th century, though it's very likely that their was short-term and/or failed settlement attempts over tha last 1,000 years, since they've been known since 851 CE.

All of the island groups in the Indian Ocean were settled before 1800.

Funny Jello I was just looking back at your other infoboxes then I refresh and this is here lol. Good job love that logo on this one too. Do you have all your infoboxes in Red Dawn??

So, Sarah Palin is the catalyst of the Bell Riots, as a result, World War III, as a result, First Contact...

Sarah Palin is the Founding Mother of the United Federation of Planets?

So, Sarah Palin is the catalyst of the Bell Riots, as a result, World War III, as a result, First Contact...

Sarah Palin is the Founding Mother of the United Federation of Planets?

Well, she's not the only source of the Bell Riots. The economic collapse, due to the Eugenics Wars, happened ten years early and led to sociopolitical meltdown in Europe and to what was effectively another Great Depression in the United States. An economic crisis in the 2000s, followed by decades of mismanagement, led to the Riots.

Europe's far worse off than the U.S. at this point, after all. Star Trek recalls ethnic cleansing in Ireland in this period of time, so even this isn't quite rock bottom.

That's not until the nukes fly. :(

Well, she's not the only source of the Bell Riots. The economic collapse, due to the Eugenics Wars, happened ten years early and led to sociopolitical meltdown in Europe and to what was effectively another Great Depression in the United States. An economic crisis in the 2000s, followed by decades of mismanagement, led to the Riots.

Europe's far worse off than the U.S. at this point, after all. Star Trek recalls ethnic cleansing in Ireland in this period of time, so even this isn't quite rock bottom.

That's not until the nukes fly. :(

im still having trouble why the USA woudl do such a thing in the first place. of the US government tried that, the people would flip. Obama would be impeached so fast its not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.