Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious why you had the end of his term be May 2014, he was elected for a 4 year term which ends in May 2016.

The idea I had was Boris becomes such a popular figure after the Olympics, he stands down early to enter the race to the White House up against Mitt Romney as revenge. :D

Vexacus

Banned
Here's the 11th in Series III of my AltHist Infoboxes:

Wiki-11.jpg

You have a Canadian federal election scheduled for 2000 but you have some people leading their respective political parties 3-6 years after that election.
Nah, inside the actual infobox has the correct date. But okay, that's a second thing wrong, I forgot to change that top bit. (Couldn't figure out the right font.)

How the hell did the Liberals lose over half of their seats by their share of the popular vote going down by two percent?
I based the seat to vote ratios on actual results, so there was obviously a shift in where their votes were, becoming far more spread out, coming in a close second in a lot of places.

A sequel to my post on the previous page. Michael Portillo succeeds Kenneth Clarke as Conservative leader, and Simon Hughes becomes Liberal Democrat leader in 2002 after Charles Kennedy falls to a vote of no confidence. The Liberal Democrats see a big rise in their popular vote, but due to many disappointing results in their target seats, they don't gain a lot of seats overall. Labour achieve a workable majority, despite losing the popular vote. Electoral reform becomes an even bigger talking point.

2005election.jpg

In honor of the Games of the XXX Olympiad, I present to you, one doozy of an infobox. A list of every Olympic Games from my TL, from 1896 to 2096. At the 178th IOC Session (2083) in Prague, Germany, it was announced that Athens, Greece, was granted (provisionally) the Games of the L Olympiad in 2096, the 200th anniversary of the Olympics. The IOC wll finalize that decision at the 183rd IOC Session in 2088.

91AWQ.png

Last edited:
Yeah. Just a little. But it's gotten better. Hasn't been too very bad since World War III, and things are definitely looking up since the Deluge.

OK, ITTL, WWII lasts until 1948 (or later) and the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and the UK are all still countries afterwards. (Not sure what happened in Japan and the Pacific. And in 1952 Nazi Germany was the selection to hold the restarted Olympic games, wow.

The Netherlands are still under Nazi control in 1972. France apparently is independent by 1980. Croatia still has the WWII Utashe flag and controls Sarajevo (definitely on the winning side)

Love to know who was in WWIII, (and how it managed to last more than 6 years) and again Germany was the place to restart the Olympics (though not sure what happened that 2022 isn't listed as cancelled)

Quebec is independent by 2050 (what is the deluge?,global warming?) (16 years between winter games) and I'd certainly pick a colder town to restart the Winter Games than Vancouver. If it is significant global warming, I can't see Philadelphia getting the games for a *long* time... (and 2060 is completely missing)

And how does Morocco end up with the Spanish Moroccan flag?

OK, ITTL, WWII lasts until 1948 (or later) and the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and the UK are all still countries afterwards. (Not sure what happened in Japan and the Pacific. And in 1952 Nazi Germany was the selection to hold the restarted Olympic games, wow.

UK and Germany agreed to peace around 1940, though the UK remained independent of the Nazis. The Soviets and Germans fought to a standstill, though the Germans grabbed a good deal of Soviet territory in Europe. Japan lost, but it was a bloody affair.

The Netherlands are still under Nazi control in 1972. France apparently is independent by 1980. Croatia still has the WWII Utashe flag and controls Sarajevo (definitely on the winning side)

The Low Countries were absorbed wholly into Germany. France and Croatia are German allies/puppets/satellites.

Love to know who was in WWIII, (and how it managed to last more than 6 years) and again Germany was the place to restart the Olympics (though not sure what happened that 2022 isn't listed as cancelled)

Science is based off of Thande's Atomic Bleed scenario, so no nuclear weapons. But WWIII was still a pretty bloody war, and was effectively a stalemate, though the Germans came out better than anyone else.

Quebec is independent by 2050 (what is the deluge?,global warming?) (16 years between winter games) and I'd certainly pick a colder town to restart the Winter Games than Vancouver. If it is significant global warming, I can't see Philadelphia getting the games for a *long* time... (and 2060 is completely missing)

After WWIII, Quebec seperatists declare their independence. The Canadian government was too tired to care, and it was legitimized by a later referendum (that may or may not have been less than legit). Due to cheap atomic energy and the fact that the Axis were rather big on environmentalism early on, global warming was still serious but not particularly disastrous. The Deluge was actually a supervolcano eruption in Antarctica. The resulting volcanic winter more or less "reset" global temperatures.

The Deluge was far from apocalyptic, due to offworld colonization and settlement. 2060 and 2062 are completely missing because they were never officially scheduled by the time the IOC effectively ceased to function.

And how does Morocco end up with the Spanish Moroccan flag?

Spain acquired French Morocco after WWII, and after some population transfers, ethnic cleansing and Hispanization, Moracco has become a dominion of the Spanish crown. The same sort of process has happened to Tunisia and Libya--which became dominions of the Italian crown--and Algeria and Egypt, both of which are "independent" German allies.

UK and Germany agreed to peace around 1940, though the UK remained independent of the Nazis. The Soviets and Germans fought to a standstill, though the Germans grabbed a good deal of Soviet territory in Europe. Japan lost, but it was a bloody affair.

So simultaneous Nazi-Soviet and Japanese-British(& American) Wars?

Can't find anything on the Atomic bleed, but I agree a *very* different future without nukes.

Do the French keep the French colonies?

Supervolcano in Antarctica, *ouch*. On the one hand melting ice on the Supervolcano, OTOH, lots of soot in the atmosphere, OTGH, low likelihood of the soot making it to the Northern Hemisphere.

So simultaneous Nazi-Soviet and Japanese-British(& American) Wars?

The Untied States never got involved in Europe. The America First movement was stronger and Wilkie beat FDR in 1940, so no Lend-Lease when the Nazis invade Russia. Wilkie's Secretary of State is Henry Luce who seemed to have been an admirer (of sorts) of fascism before WWII.

Can't find anything on the Atomic bleed, but I agree a *very* different future without nukes.

Found a link to it. Even though there's no nukes as we know them, there's always the constant threat of orbital kinetic bombardment.

Do the French keep the French colonies?

No. They ended up getting divided amongst the Axis powers.

Supervolcano in Antarctica, *ouch*. On the one hand melting ice on the Supervolcano, OTOH, lots of soot in the atmosphere, OTGH, low likelihood of the soot making it to the Northern Hemisphere.

It still caused decent sea level rise and drop in global temperatures. But not apocalyptic though it did cause a lot of social and political upheaval, such as the collapse of the Nazi regime in Berlin.

Since I'm on an Olympics binge, here's a bit more. First up is Anton Cannon, the President of the IOC. One of the America's greatest and most popular swimmers since Michael Phelps, Cannon won a record-tying 8 gold medals at the 2040 Olympics in Tokyo. Many believed he would be able to duplicate that feet at the 2044 games in Bucharest, but a car accident in March 2044 derailed those plans. He attempted a comeback ahead of the 2048 Olympics in Detroit, but failed to gain traction at the 2045 World Championships in Guadalajara and the 2047 World Championships in Belgrade. He instead turned to politics, and became an early ally of Douglas Grayson, who was elected President in 2052. Cannon became the head of the moribund IOC in 2059 and managed to turn it around its fortunes. He was named the TIME Person of the Year in 2064 for the success of the St. Louis games.

L4aNT.png

One of Cannon's ideas was to hold Olympic games on other planets. Due to the gravity differences, it was decided that different worlds would have IOC-sponsored World Games, but athletes from non-terrestrial nations could still complete in the Olympics. The first World Games were the Moon Games in 2061, which were followed by the Venus World Games in 2063 and the Mars World Games in 2071. A Mars World Winters Games were added in 2073. A Europa World Games was added in 2083, which many (in particular, FINA) believe are redundant with the FINA Europa Grand Prix since more than half of the events were FINA-sponsored events (e.g., swimming, diving, open water swimming, water polo, synchronized swimming). The IOC is investigating further World Games on other planets.

wjILD.png
C7lr2.png
T1UH7.png
v9LSo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.