Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as a commoner "President Locklear" obviously has no relation to any of these royals?

The whole commoner/royal thing is not very strictly defined in this ATL United States. Obviously, early on, several of the states had their own noble governments, but nobility has always been, in certain ways, inherently equal to the common people: legally, the King is an officer of the state, not the state itself. The American Crown is the executive branch of the government, but it is not supreme, de jure or de facto, over the American Legislature and the American Judiciary.

Anyway, yeah, President Locklear would be essentially the prime minister of the United States, in a semi-presidential system. Though, as I see it, it's a system in which the Head of Government is generally dominant, but the Head of State is not totally declawed as in the RL U.K., due to the strict definitions of power in the Constitution that still delegate certain critical powers to the monarch, as it was written in the eighteenth century. And developed in a world without significant, stable and sovereign constitutional republics until the twentieth century.

AStanley

Banned
Now, i'm not sure if this is in spirit of this thread, but a thread in non-political chat asked "If AH.com was given it's own country, what would it be called?"

This got me thinking ;)

AH Country.png

The whole commoner/royal thing is not very strictly defined in this ATL United States. Obviously, early on, several of the states had their own noble governments, but nobility has always been, in certain ways, inherently equal to the common people: legally, the King is an officer of the state, not the state itself. The American Crown is the executive branch of the government, but it is not supreme, de jure or de facto, over the American Legislature and the American Judiciary.

Anyway, yeah, President Locklear would be essentially the prime minister of the United States, in a semi-presidential system. Though, as I see it, it's a system in which the Head of Government is generally dominant, but the Head of State is not totally declawed as in the RL U.K., due to the strict definitions of power in the Constitution that still delegate certain critical powers to the monarch, as it was written in the eighteenth century. And developed in a world without significant, stable and sovereign constitutional republics until the twentieth century.

And where is the seat of power, West Hollywood?

Two additional infboxoes. Acidalia is a nation on Mars that gained its independence from the United States in the early 21st century. The conflict was fought primarily along ethnic lines, with the alien-majority east against the human-majority west.

D6ver.png

Elijah Crowder was one of the more prominent individuals to come out of the Acidalian Civil War. He resigned as governor of Texas to raise a force of volunteers to fight for the Confederacy. He became a popular, albeit polarizing figure and was appointed by President Thurman to his cabinet in 2083.

679TS.png

And where is the seat of power, West Hollywood?

Heh, no. Something which hasn't been clear so far: California is not part of this United States. It took a different expansion route.

On seat of government, well, originally, they planned the city of Washington as the seat of government, but eventually it was moved by constitutional amendment back to Philadelphia in the early nineteenth century, and the small town of Washington, Maryland has a little plaque on the side of the road that tells people driving through that for about ten minutes it was capital of the United States.

Another little infobox I did for the American Commonwealth thread.

Nordic Confederation.png

Also, if any Swedes are wondering, the capital of the Nordic Confederation is located in the OTL Eriksberg and Lindholmen areas of Gothenburg (the island of Hisingen), which were bought from the Municipality of Gothenburg by the Nordic Confederation ITTL.

Nordic Confederation.png

Last edited:

Vexacus

Banned
Can I have a crack at doing an Infobox for a country in the "American Commonwealth" thread, though I've never read said thread

Can I have a crack at doing an Infobox for a country in the "American Commonwealth" thread, though I've never read said thread

'Fraid you'll have to check with the creator of said thread, lord cadeus. Also, I think it's already pretty much been established which countries exist in that TL so you can't really do anything that contradicts canon.

Vexacus

Banned
'Fraid you'll have to check with the creator of said thread, lord cadeus. Also, I think it's already pretty much been established which countries exist in that TL so you can't really do anything that contradicts canon.
How do I contact lord cadeus? and do you have a link to the thread?

And now one for the U.S. Democratic Party. It's been the dominate party in America since the 2052 presidential election, having won seven of the past eight presidential elections and having controlled both houses of Congress for twenty five of the past thirty one years. The Republican Party suffered tremendously following several years of corruption and President Andrew Oldfield's slow and inefficient response to the Deluge of 2049 - 50.

RS9JN.png

Status
Not open for further replies.