Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Laurie would make a better Riddler than Callis.

Eh, possibly. They'd most likely have wildly different takes on the character.

I like this - who do Park and Glau play?

Park plays the secondary villain, a shady businesswoman who gets involved with the Riddler for her own gain, while Glau plays the main love interest, an investigative reporter with sort of an obsession with the Batman.

Summer Glau you say?

Well, I'm prepared for the inevitable flop.

:rolleyes: :p

Last edited:
im still having trouble why the USA woudl do such a thing in the first place. of the US government tried that, the people would flip. Obama would be impeached so fast its not funny.

It's a world where there was a major war with millions dying in the 1990s. A world in which there was an active coup attempt by members of the U.S. military in 1992, from my own universe. And, to get closer to other events mentioned in various Star Trek, ethnic cleansing of Protestants in Northern Ireland contemporary to these events combined with a French civil war between "neo-Marxists" and "Gaullists" that will lead to the establishment of the Third Empire.

Even given the Sanctuary Districts, the U.S. is still doing relatively, as has been established in Star Trek canon. This infobox is part of my attempt to explain how things are "bad, but still better". Personally, I think the Sanctuary Districts are an incredibly unlikely, naive event thought up by obvious non-historians who were thinking up imaginary boogiemen for an interesting story, but I can't just outright ignore explicit Star Trek canon in a Star Trek TL.

I'm still trying to figure out the obligatory reference to the all-purpose villian Sarah Palin? :confused:

Part of the TL I worked out. The Sanctuary Districts, to me, actually seem like a well-meaning attempt (as has been cited from DS9) by the Christian Right and Progressives to provide a place for the homeless and unemployed, that was twisted into what they actually became. The well-meaning-yet-poorly-executed aspect comes from a "bipartisan" effort under the previous administration that Palin inherited - her impeachment isn't entirely fair.

Love it -Moar 20th/21st century please :)

I think you'll like this one, then.

Gulisa bint Farez.png

Nietzsche

Banned
Same here, my so-called liege.:mad::p

But no Vicki Vale. She was a straight up Lois Lane copy paste. I have no idea why she got so popular.

Why not not have a love interest for a change?

Because this is Batman. He can be Batman pretending to be Bruce Wayne, or he can be Bruce Wayne. He doesn't get both. He can't do both. The only hope for him in terms of a love life is hanging up the cowl. Until he does that...he's can't do it. No matter how much he wants too. Mask of the Phantasm shows this quite well.

Because this is Batman. He can be Batman pretending to be Bruce Wayne, or he can be Bruce Wayne. He doesn't get both. He can't do both. The only hope for him in terms of a love life is hanging up the cowl. Until he does that...he's can't do it. No matter how much he wants too. Mask of the Phantasm shows this quite well.
I know. I meant why can't we NOT have a love interest. The movies always try and push em on us. And while I like the idea of Michael Fassbender as Batman, I can't see Summer Glau playing the love interest, nor do I have any interest in Vicki Vale being that interest. BTW there's been a lot of talk on Batman and the like. Should there be a comics thread?

I know. I meant why can't we NOT have a love interest. The movies always try and push em on us. And while I like the idea of Michael Fassbender as Batman, I can't see Summer Glau playing the love interest, nor do I have any interest in Vicki Vale being that interest. BTW there's been a lot of talk on Batman and the like. Should there be a comics thread?

I tried to make one, and it sank like a stone after 2-3 pages and I was sad :(

I love it but I'm also starting to think you have more of your Star trek TL written than you are letting on ;)

I would say Elessar267 has leant more plausability to the Star Trek universe than even the "guardians" of the Star Trek Cannon.

Maybe they should have Elessar produce the next Star Trek film.

Nietzsche

Banned
..I wasn't aware that was an intentional double negative.

Are there any celebrities that could make a good Secretary of Agriculture? (I have four picked...Reagan's, Reagan's successor (you'll never guess), the previous president's one (my favorite Agriculture Secretary since Wallace), and the new president's one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.