Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just whipped this up in about a half hour, something kind of silly, but meh.

emprah.png

James Clymer? What happened to Dubya?
Lost to Gore, and I doubt that he would've been chosen by his party to be the PM in the election after they lost whatever legislature this alt-America has.

I looked through a few conservative-leaning third parties, and found Clymer of the Constitution party.

Why the Imperial Social Democrats? I could buy a right-wing group using that prefix, but most social democratic parties were originally very anti-monarchist.

Hawaii's 2014 election in True North. I don't know much about the demographics of Hawaii and how to divide the islands up, so the seats may be iffy.

New Democratic: Social democracy, with a moderate-left faction.
Unionist: Conservatism and liberalism, merger of the Lib and Con parties.
Green: Green politics, environmentalism, eco-nationalist faction.
Hawaii First: Hawaiian nationalism and regionalism. Economic populism.

Hawaii_2014_ Hanabusa.PNG

Unless there's native seats like in NZ none of those parties would probably stand a chance in an FPTP jurisdiction. (And yes, I do realise that most of them hold single electorate seats as is)
There's no special native seats in Hawaii. The percentage of Native Hawaiians are slightly higher though.

KENNEDY IS SHOT, LIES IN COMA

REAGAN'S THE ONE

CHAOS AT THE CONVENTION

HUMPHREY PROMISES PEACE, PICKS EMK

KENNEDY CONTROVERSY

WALLACE WINS FIRST DEBATE, REAGAN ABSENT

AGNEW: I AM NOT A CROOK

RFK PASSES AWAY

THE NEGRO VICE PRESIDENT?

JOHNSON: BOMBING HALT, PEACE TALKS

'TREASONOUS' NIXON ACCUSED OF INTERFERING IN PEACE DEAL

REAGAN: ACCUSATIONS 'COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED'

PEACE TALK RECORDINGS LEAKED
— SOURCE UNKNOWN

NIXON: RECORDINGS 'ILLEGAL, PROFANE, ALTERED' BY DEMS

WALLACE CRUSHES IN FINAL DEBATE: 'JUST SAY NO TO BANANA REPUBLICRATS AND SAY YES TO LAW AND ORDER'

attachment.php

HOUSE: NO PRESIDENT CHOSEN

SENATE OUTCOME UNCERTAIN

HOUSE: STILL DEADLOCKED

"Hubert, if it comes down to the wire—and Russell and I are pretty sure that it is—we cannot allow that Negro to be Vice President."
"But LeMay―"
"Goddam it Hubert, if that Negro is elected, then this country will burn to the ground, and President Wallace will pick up the pieces. Do you want that??!"
"...No. But ultimately, Brooke is a safer lame duck than LeMay."

SCANDAL! BROOKE'S BEHAVIOR 'ALMOST UNPRINTABLE'

LEMAY ELECTED PRESIDENT BY SENATE, 72-19

---

PRESIDENT: PEACE IN CHINA SOON AT HAND

1972LeMayinfobox.png

PRESIDENT RE-ELECTED BY HOUSE; WALLACE: 'CORRUPT BARGAIN'

1972LeMayinfobox.png

Last edited:
Amazing, utterly amazing. Please make this a full fledged TL. Posterity demands it good sir!

Also that turnout, damn!

Last edited:
PRESIDENT RE-ELECTED BY HOUSE; WALLACE: 'CORRUPT BARGAIN'

Very Scary, Very impressive. Your infoboxes are always some of the most imaginative, but always the best-made.

I imagine ITTL, the Bayh-Celler amendment is being rushed through faster than you can say "America is a Republic, not a Democracy!"

Amazing, utterly amazing. Please make this a full fledged TL. Posterity demands it good sir!

Also that turnout, damn!
The idea had been floating around in my head for quite a while before the AHC revealed itself. I might expand it to a TLIAD or a short TL. So many ideas, so little time..

Yes, that was a combination of moderate apathy and liberal boycotting. Wallace and Reagan faced a divided field of many eager and more liberal candidates who wanted to take down the unpopular incumbent, but alas...

Very Scary, Very impressive. Your infoboxes are always some of the most imaginative, but always the best-made.

I imagine ITTL, the Bayh-Celler amendment is being rushed through faster than you can say "America is a Republic, not a Democracy!"
Thank you! :D

Electoral college reform was a proxy issue that was anti-LeMay in nature. Despite this partisan bent, it stood a good chance of passing until an impeachment attempt turned it toxic.

Who becomes Vice President in '72?
Originally I had it as a backroom deal where the Republican Senators boycott the quorum in order for LeMay to choose a Republican via the 25th, but on reflection I think that's not really necessary. So Jackson probably edges out Eagleton. Which sets us up for the epilogue...

attachment.php

Thus ended the Warm War.

Do I want to know what LeMay did, or what Ron Paul had to do to get both the nomination and win a Reagan-style landslide?
I've only got rough outlines on the whole scenario, but basically:

• LeMay escalated to tactical nukes in Vietnam, which brought China into the war (as well as the rest of Indochina more noticeably, like OTL.)
  • This spurred Paul to run for the Senate in 1970, where he managed an upset against the incumbent Ralph Yarborough.
  • Troubles in (Indo)China meant that LeMay was very unpopular in 1972 but was narrowly "reelected" in an election where conservative candidates won the nomination of all parties due to liberals splitting the vote in the primaries. Scoop Jackson was elected his Vice President and was seen as the devil incarnate by association. Think a Dick Cheney / Joe Lieberman hybrid.
  • Jackson was able to win the Democratic primary due to many "LeMay babies" splitting the dominant vote. He narrowly prevailed over George Wallace at the convention, and veered sharply to the left. But the left held a grudge: because of the LeMay years, they trusted Jackson as far as they could throw W. H. Taft. Eugene McCarthy would cochair Democrats for Paul, along with George Wallace. His home state had a more realistic view of him, but everyone else saw this as LeMay's third term and voted accordingly.
One silver lining: there was no oil embargo ITTL. LeMay kept Israel on an extremely harsh leash (it's almost as if he isn't a proper politician) after Egyptian President Boghdadi sent out peace-feelers. Protests against Boghadi's "appeasement" of Israel and America were met with lots of tanks. American advisors began to be deployed to Egypt in the fall of '76, which turned Paul's momentum up to eleven.

Status
Not open for further replies.