Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly a possibility. First off, I know many Blue Tories, and almost all of them a excellent, decent and wonderful individuals who care deeply about the party and the well being of the country. However there are blue Tories who can't stand Red Tories, most certainly those in powerful positions, and would hate if one got the leadership, even through democratic means. Much like America our Tories are divided among ideological grounds, but unlike America we have Harper who can unite both sides in happiness.

Once Harper's gone all those old divisions will come out again, and if a Red Tory does indeed win the leadership there will most certainly be calls from Blue Tories about leaving the party.
Which conservative party will be the major one? The Conservatives, or the reborn Reform Party?

1AR7mQI.png

Which conservative party will be the major one? The Conservatives, or the reborn Reform Party?

I'm not sure there would be a reborn reform party, I suppose it all depends on the leader. Currently there are no eastern entities for the leadership, it's either going to be the blue Tory Kenney or the Red tory Moore, both Westerners. Still if some split did occur, the Conservative Party would most certainly stay the main, if not the exclusive one.

Once Harper's gone all those old divisions will come out again, and if a Red Tory does indeed win the leadership there will most certainly be calls from Blue Tories about leaving the party.

Who do you think would be the catalyst for all of this? My gut says Jason Kenney, but he has shown he cares for the party dearly, so I think he'd stomach a Red Tory as leader.

Anyway, in the same vein as my last infoboxes, here are the preceding elections, starting with 2004.

2004, PCs and Alliance do not merge.png

Paul Martin wins a very narrow majority government. However, by-elections and floor crossings soon reduce it to a minority, at which point the opposition unites to bring the government down and force a 2006 election.

2004, PCs and Alliance do not merge.png

Here's 2006...

2006, PCs and Alliance do not merge.png

Martin wins a minority government, as every other party makes gains. Not much is accomplished in this government, although the opposition is unable to unite to force an election. Having accomplished little, and having become very unpopular, Martin soon announces his resignation, and is replaced in 2008 by Stephane Dion. Soon after, the opposition brings down the government...

2006, PCs and Alliance do not merge.png

Thing is, there aren't any Reds on the horizon beyond Moore. The next 2 Blues in line are Kenney and Poilievre - most Reds I know are OK with them, even if they wouldn't get their vote for leader. Great boxes TG.

And finally 2008:

2008, PCs and Alliance do not merge.png

Dion runs a terrible campaign, and only manages to narrowly hold onto power. The Alliance and PCs come to a coalition agreement that would make Harper Prime Minister and give a cabinet position to each of the five PC MPs. Because of this, Dion attempts to form a coalition with the NDP, and Layton agrees.

With both coalitions in need of the Bloc's support, Duceppe announces that he will support the Liberal-NDP coalition. His one condition, however, is that Dion will not be Prime Minister. Dion reluctantly agrees and steps down as Liberal leader and Prime Minister, and is succeeded by Michael Ignatieff.

2008, PCs and Alliance do not merge.png

I'm not sure there would be a reborn reform party, I suppose it all depends on the leader. Currently there are no eastern entities for the leadership, it's either going to be the blue Tory Kenney or the Red tory Moore, both Westerners. Still if some split did occur, the Conservative Party would most certainly stay the main, if not the exclusive one.

This probably would have been a lot more likely if Stephen Harper resigned a couple of years ago. You'd have possible candidacies from Bernard Lord (still a not too distant memory), Jean Charest (still in office), or Peter MacKay (not yet tarnished by scandal), all from the east and all former PCs. On top of that, you'd have Jim Prentice, himself a former PCer.

Thing is, there aren't any Reds on the horizon beyond Moore. The next 2 Blues in line are Kenney and Poilievre - most Reds I know are OK with them, even if they wouldn't get their vote for leader. Great boxes TG.

Agreed regarding the infoboxes. Simply amazing. One other idea I always found interesting was the concept of a conservative regional coalition put forth by Harper in the late 90's. In essence each region, the Atlantic, Quebec, Ontario, The West, would get its own party, which would then form a coalition afterwards. I always thought it an interesting concept, if not completely insane.

Anyway just because there aren't many Red Tories doesn't mean there aren't alternatives to Blue Tories. Brad Wall, for instance, is seen as neither Red nor Blue, an unknown if you will.

This probably would have been a lot more likely if Stephen Harper resigned a couple of years ago. You'd have possible candidacies from Bernard Lord (still a not too distant memory), Jean Charest (still in office), or Peter MacKay (not yet tarnished by scandal), all from the east and all former PCs. On top of that, you'd have Jim Prentice, himself a former PCer.

Lord won't go for it. He was my Premier for a few years, and the fellow had the opportunity to run in 2011 and didn't. He's a no. Peter may go for it, but he has a new baby so I personally doubt it, although I'd love it if he ran. Charest...maybe, but I don't see it and Jim Prentice is a big possibility, maybe less then a few years ago, but once again he's western so it won't get anyone upset.

Lord won't go for it. He was my Premier for a few years, and the fellow had the opportunity to run in 2011 and didn't. He's a no. Peter may go for it, but he has a new baby so I personally doubt it, although I'd love it if he ran. Charest...maybe, but I don't see it and Jim Prentice is a big possibility, maybe less then a few years ago, but once again he's western so it won't get anyone upset.

This was really my point. All of these names would have had a much better chance at becoming leader had Harper resigned a couple of years ago. Now Jason Kenney and James Moore are seen as the overwhelming favourites, with Brad Wall being a possibility (although I personally doubt Moore would run if Prentice chose to)

Let's turn away from Canuck politics, and to something else:

There was a cool element infobox! Thanks, puskas! Is that an element used in a film/book, or did you make it up entirely for yourself? If the latter, what is Mithril used for (as it has an extremely high melting and boiling point)? Did you plan it to be a heavier analogue of Iridium generally, or something specific?

If you made it up yourself, it should probably be Mithrilium... or?

Do you have any informations about Capnium, Duranium, and the other elements (Lv?)?

Anybody in for other element infoboxes?

Wow, good job True Grit. I remember seeing that article, and wanting to do a series of wikiboxes on it. Glad someone beat me too it, because mine would of been of poorer quality. Keep it up! :)

Since the 2011 NDP win I posted earlier certainly wouldn't last until 2015, here's my guess on the following election. For this election, I used the averages for all federal polls in November and then used the UBC Forecaster to see how many seats each party would win, after I split the Conservative votes into those for the PCs and the Alliance. So it's all mathematical!

Layton passes away and the party chooses Nycole Turmel as interim Prime Minister until the party elects Thomas Mulcair as its leader. Because of all this revolving door of Prime Ministers, the government is able to survive for some time.

2013, PCs and Alliance do not merge.png

Mulcair calls an election for November 2013, hoping for a win after receiving rave reviews in parliament, and hoping that new Liberal leader Justin Trudeau's honeymoon will come to an end. Instead, the Liberals win a majority government, with the NDP forming the official opposition.

In a shock, both the Alliance and PCs collapse, with Canadians being weary of voting for new Alliance leader Jason Kenney, seen as too right-wing, while the PCs lose votes due to scandal involving former PC MPs Pamela Wallin and Mike Duffy, both elected in 2011.

2013, PCs and Alliance do not merge.png

Mulcair calls an election for November 2013, hoping for a win after receiving rave reviews in parliament, and hoping that new Liberal leader Justin Trudeau's honeymoon will come to an end. Instead, the Liberals win a majority government, with the NDP forming the official opposition.

In a shock, both the Alliance and PCs collapse, with Canadians being weary of voting for new Alliance leader Jason Kenney, seen as too right-wing, while the PCs lose votes due to scandal involving former PC MPs Pamela Wallin and Mike Duffy, both elected in 2011.

Good lord. I mean, a beautiful infobox, but just a terrible, terrible result.

Status
Not open for further replies.