Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
1939. Long's been assassinated, Garner takes over, can't run for another term. James F. Byrnes defeats Carl Hayden handily.

2_Americas_CSA_1939_Byrnes.PNG

Japhy

Banned
When does the CSA magically emancipate? Because again, 3/5ths rule for Slaves would be the order of the day at least until that point (And probably after unless this is one of those pleasant ones where all of a sudden they give the Freedmen Civil Rights out of the goodness of their hearts.) and thus the electoral vote totals make no sense.

When does the CSA magically emancipate? Because again, 3/5ths rule for Slaves would be the order of the day at least until that point (And probably after unless this is one of those pleasant ones where all of a sudden they give the Freedmen Civil Rights out of the goodness of their hearts.) and thus the electoral vote totals make no sense.
Hell, I have no idea myself. I just put the data together, from numbers and names GeorgeUK gave me...

Japhy

Banned
Hell, I have no idea myself. I just put the data together, from numbers and names GeorgeUK gave me...

I'm just noting that shitty research is shitty.

Which is lame because as a result this project is about as worthwhile as the "LETS ELECT BILLY MAYS" stuff.

(The following is comprised of info I have cobbled together from the TL...)

In 1864, Lee, needing to replace troops lost in the battle of Gettysburg, proposes that 40,000 slaves in Virginia and North Carolina be trained to fight for the CSA in exchange for their, and their families' freedom. Upon his accession to VP, he speaks in favour of consempated emancipation. Slavery is fully abolished in 1898 (Mississippi voted against the 3rd amendment and as of 2012, is yet to recast its vote). As of 1952, segregation is still very much the order of the day.

http://althistory.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_E._Lee_(Two_Americas)
http://althistory.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(Two_Americas)

Since I loath the CSA and everything they stood for, I declare that they deserve neither Ike nor Truman.

That being said, I like them from an artistic standpoint.

Oh, and for the USA...

Teddy wins in a landslide in 1912!
YmYnM.png

But Charles Evans Hughes wins 1916...
yFQir.png

And forward a little, to 1948, where President Wallace wins a term of his own in 1948...
uP3b1.png

And of course, Adlai Stevenson beat Robert Taft in 1952.
AwMBS.png

How did the Constitution Party survive for 80 years as a major party without ever winning the Presidency? It seems like they'd either fall apart and get replaced by a party that could win or change position slightly to pick up some Democrats.

Japhy

Banned
(The following is comprised of info I have cobbled together from the TL...)

In 1864, Lee, needing to replace troops lost in the battle of Gettysburg, proposes that 40,000 slaves in Virginia and North Carolina be trained to fight for the CSA in exchange for their, and their families' freedom. Upon his accession to VP, he speaks in favour of consempated emancipation. Slavery is fully abolished in 1898 (Mississippi voted against the 3rd amendment and as of 2012, is yet to recast its vote). As of 1952, segregation is still very much the order of the day.

http://althistory.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_E._Lee_(Two_Americas)
http://althistory.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(Two_Americas)

At that point you might have well just given them AKs to win the war. It also doesn't change the fact that if you're having State-by-State Emancipation (Which wouldn't work) and 3/5th was incorporated into the CS Constitution and the states that maintained the institution would keep that, thus changing every EV total.

How did the Constitution Party survive for 80 years as a major party without ever winning the Presidency? It seems like they'd either fall apart and get replaced by a party that could win or change position slightly to pick up some Democrats.

According to the TL's politics article on the wiki, it rises to power in Congress in the 1912 midterms.

This is an infobox from a world where a Constitution is never ratified, and the United States break up relatively peacefully. You can check out the TL on the link to my blog below.

rhodeislandinfobox.png

There was a war somewhat akin to the War of 1812, but with a weaker central government, the war went poorly for the US. Rhode Island was caught in the middle from the beginning, and it sided itself with Britain. It allowed minimal troop movements and a safe docking area for the British Navy. In the treaty between the US and Britain, Rhode Island was rewarded for its help by being ceded the eastern portion of Connecticut.

There was a war somewhat akin to the War of 1812, but with a weaker central government, the war went poorly for the US. Rhode Island was caught in the middle from the beginning, and it sided itself with Britain. It allowed minimal troop movements and a safe docking area for the British Navy. In the treaty between the US and Britain, Rhode Island was rewarded for its help by being ceded the eastern portion of Connecticut.
Given Connecticut's OTL issues with the war of 1812 (Hartford convention), if Rhode Island joined the British, Connecticut would have as well or at least declared neutrality

Status
Not open for further replies.