Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VII (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Hubert Horatio Humphrey Jr. (May 27, 1911 – January 3, 1978) was an American pharmacist. politician and journalist who anchored ABC News for years. He was Mayor of Minneapolis in the 1940s and was crucial in founding the Democratic Farmer-Labor Party. In 1948 he gave a well received speech at the Democratic National Convention and seemed poised for a strong Senate run, only to suddenly withdraw.

Instead Humphrey entered a career in the media, in particular the still undeveloped field of television journalism. The charismatic and well-connected, but inexperienced, Humphrey was soon tied to ABC, the third wheel of broadcasting at the time. Humphrey however would make his mark, always proving a ratings success.

In addition to his service as anchor he also worked on and presented several defining stories that made him one of the most prominent journalists of his generation. He was among the first to take the Nixon Administration to account for the escalating and endless war in Laos, and was the face of the COINTELPRO scandal, exposing Nixon’s efforts to manipulate the Democratic Party, helping contribute to his resignation. Despite allegations of bias Humphrey also played a role in uncovering the Milkpro Scandal which forced the resignation of Vice President John Connolly.

Humphrey retired from active reporting following the 1976 election, writing several books prior to his death. Notable are his detailed account of the COINTELPRO Scandal and his scathing critique of what he saw as an overly cozy relation between press and White House.

View attachment 908150

Hubert Horatio Humphrey Jr. (May 27, 1911 – December 13, 1976) was an American pharmacist, politician, defector, and spy who became a central figure in several Cold War-era incidents.

Born in Wallace, South Dakota, Humphrey attended the University of Minnesota. In 1943, he became a professor of political science at Macalester College and ran a failed campaign for mayor of Minneapolis. He helped organize the short-livederger between the Minnesota Democratic Party and the Farmer–Labor Party (DFL) in 1944; the next year he was elected mayor of Minneapolis, serving until 1948 and successfully advocated for the inclusion of a proposal to end racial segregation in the 1948 Democratic National Convention's party platform and was shortly elected to the Senate.

However despite his prior anti-Communist statements Humphrey would cause shock and confusion in 1950 when, obstentably on a trip to Austria for policy reasons, he defected to the Soviet Union. This action is generally considered the beginning of the Second Red Scare, with the disastrous impacts on Civil Liberties that entailed. Despite much speculation, no viable explanation has ever been found for his actions. Even declassified NKVD records show the agency had no idea he would be defecting until he did.

Humphrey’s time in Stalin’s Soviet Union was rocky and uneven. Feted as an American defector, yet simultaneously feared as a possible spy. Humphrey would avoid being purged as a result of his propaganda value, but was not given much behavior and his ceremonial role.

Humphrey, however, had become close with Nikita Khrushchev, bonding over their shared farming heritage. When Khrushchev emerged ascendent after Stalin’s death, he began to utilize Humphrey more as a diplomatic tool and for his insight into the American kind. His advice during the Cuban Missile Crisis are regarded as helping avert disaster. Humphrey remained influential even as Khrushchev’s power waned. Working closely with Anastas Mikoyan as the last of the Old Bolsheviks took the reins for a time, Humphrey found himself actually involved in the government of the Soviet Union for the first time. Humphrey played a key role in Alexei Kosygin’s rise to power.

However upon his diagnosis with bladder cancer in 1976, Humphrey arrived in the American embassy with a cache of important Soviet documents, announcing his attention to redefect. This action shocked the CIA, who had been rebuffed by Humphrey several times. Refusing treatment, Humphrey died before his fate could be determined back in the United States. Humphrey is the highest ranking defector from both the United States and the Soviet Union.

You_Doodle+_2024-05-31T01_10_06Z.jpeg

Hubert Horatio Humphrey Jr. (May 27, 1911 – December 13, 1976) was an American pharmacist, politician, defector, and spy who became a central figure in several Cold War-era incidents.

Born in Wallace, South Dakota, Humphrey attended the University of Minnesota. In 1943, he became a professor of political science at Macalester College and ran a failed campaign for mayor of Minneapolis. He helped organize the short-livederger between the Minnesota Democratic Party and the Farmer–Labor Party (DFL) in 1944; the next year he was elected mayor of Minneapolis, serving until 1948 and successfully advocated for the inclusion of a proposal to end racial segregation in the 1948 Democratic National Convention's party platform and was shortly elected to the Senate.

However despite his prior anti-Communist statements Humphrey would cause shock and confusion in 1950 when, obstentably on a trip to Austria for policy reasons, he defected to the Soviet Union. This action is generally considered the beginning of the Second Red Scare, with the disastrous impacts on Civil Liberties that entailed. Despite much speculation, no viable explanation has ever been found for his actions. Even declassified NKVD records show the agency had no idea he would be defecting until he did.

Humphrey’s time in Stalin’s Soviet Union was rocky and uneven. Feted as an American defector, yet simultaneously feared as a possible spy. Humphrey would avoid being purged as a result of his propaganda value, but was not given much behavior and his ceremonial role.

Humphrey, however, had become close with Nikita Khrushchev, bonding over their shared farming heritage. When Khrushchev emerged ascendent after Stalin’s death, he began to utilize Humphrey more as a diplomatic tool and for his insight into the American kind. His advice during the Cuban Missile Crisis are regarded as helping avert disaster. Humphrey remained influential even as Khrushchev’s power waned. Working closely with Anastas Mikoyan as the last of the Old Bolsheviks took the reins for a time, Humphrey found himself actually involved in the government of the Soviet Union for the first time. Humphrey played a key role in Alexei Kosygin’s rise to power.

However upon his diagnosis with bladder cancer in 1976, Humphrey arrived in the American embassy with a cache of important Soviet documents, announcing his attention to redefect. This action shocked the CIA, who had been rebuffed by Humphrey several times. Refusing treatment, Humphrey died before his fate could be determined back in the United States. Humphrey is the highest ranking defector from both the United States and the Soviet Union.

View attachment 910250
Into the Humphreyverse?

View attachment 910250
Was his second defection planned from the beginning or simply a response when the original didn’t work out?

nah he's very much in the zen "have as many expiriences as possible" phase rn except because he is a poltician at heart that means his equivilant of acting like a madman and smashing stuff is defecting and then redefecting.
is part of his decision to go to the Soviets a crisis of faith with American democracy after watching so many different versions of America backslide into Conservatism from the promise of the new deal?

Babylon (Arabic: بابل Bābil), is a city in central Iraq on the Babil branch of the Euphrates River, around 80 km south of Baghdad. The population was estimated to be about 864,950 in 2018. It is the capital of Babylon Province and is located adjacent to the city of Hillah, on the location of the ancient city that also went by the name of Babylon. It is is extensively irrigated with water provided by the Babil branch, producing a wide range of crops, and providing the city with easy access to fresh water. The river runs in the middle of the city, and it is surrounded by date palm trees and other forms of arid vegetation, reducing the harmful effects of dust and desert wind. Originally conceived as the planned capital for the newly-established Neo-Mesopotamianist Iraq during the second half of the 20th century, it soon found opposition from Islamist and pan-Arabist groups. While the city rapidly grew, so did the tensions between the government and these opposition groups, to the point of igniting a low-scale internal conflict between the government, which thought of the city as the perfect place to start anew with their proposed Iraqi identity, the pan-Arabists and the majority of Iraqis, who thought that the past was the past and Iraq was now an Arab state, and islamists, who accused the government of wanting to return to pre-Islamic times and ignoring the religious reality of Iraq. In the end and after many years, the Iraqi government scrapped the plan for Babylon to become the capital city and the seat of the government returned to Baghdad. Still, Babylon continued to grow and is today one of the largest cities in Iraq.
8QgCxol.png

Last edited:
I know that he played in some ads for a mobile game called “Better Call Paul Simulator Shooting Experience Multi Universe City Builder: 4” that was revealed to be a massive scam during COVID, but aside from it, I don’t know much.
Though, some say that he might be play in some Christian movie solely because he needs money, so I don’t know.
I just saw that he was in some sort of weird Pepsi educational program back in 2010 that is used in schools across the US. Troy has aged quite a bit.

Is ISOTing commercials a thing? It may have been done before, but since this one has been stuck in my head for days now I felt like doing a little tribute to it.

1717529318647.png

In 2017, minor fast food chain Rax, which had been in a state of obscurity since the early 1990s and at the time operated around around 150 franchises and 450 locations, went viral off the back of a unique advertising campaign centring around a character called 'Mr Delicious'. Mr Delicious was a bespectacled middle-aged man who would overshare about his personal struggles while promoting the quality and value of Rax's discount menu, with the deadpan slogan 'Rax- you can eat here.'

The commercials became enormously successful and led to a significant and steady uptick in profits for the business. Late that year, they were deemed the 'funniest advertising campaign of the year' by the New York Times. Notably, an official social media account named for Mr Delicious was launched, and by early 2018 had reached 1 million followers. In July of 2018, Wendy's International acquired Rax and began to expand it internationally, capitalising on the enormous brand recognition that the commercials had created.

This expansion has continued into 35 countries, making it over 10 times its size in 2017, and the estimated value of Rax Restaurants LLC, renamed You Can Eat Here LLC in imitation of its parent company and sister restaurant Wendy's, passed the $1 billion mark in 2022.

(Yes, I know Rax getting this big this fast is pretty silly, but given how everyone in the comments of videos about the commercials comments about how ahead of their time they were, it seemed like a fun idea to have them just get absurdly huge.)

Last edited:
Is ISOTing commercials a thing? It may have been done before, but since this one has been stuck in my head for days now I felt like doing a little tribute to it.

View attachment 910447
In 2017, minor fast food chain Rax, which had been in a state of obscurity since the 1980s and at that time operated around around 150 franchises and 450 locations, went viral off the back of a unique advertising campaign centering around a character called 'Mr. Delicious'. 'Mr. Delicious' was a bespectacled middle-aged man who would overshare about his personal struggles while promoting the quality and value of Rax's discount menu, with the deadpan slogan 'Rax- you can eat here.'

The commercials became enormously successful and led to a significant and steady uptick in profits for the business. Notably, an official social media account named for Mr. Delicious was launched, and by early 2018 had reached 1 million followers. In July of 2018, Wendy's International acquired Rax and began to expand it internationally, capitalizing on the enormous brand recognition that the commercials had created.

This expansion has continued into 35 countries, making it over 10 times its size in 2017, and the estimated value of Rax Restaurants LLC, renamed You Can Eat Here LLC in imitation of its parent company and sister restaurant Wendy's, passed the $1 billion mark in 2022.

(Yes, I know Rax getting this big this fast is pretty silly, but given how everyone in the comments of videos about the commercials comments about how ahead of their time they were, it seemed like a fun idea to have them just get absurdly huge.)
I first learned about Rax Roast Beef a couple of years back from that video by vlogbrothers.

I do agree that while Mr. Delicious was an epic fail when he debuted in the early 1990s in OTL, had Rax not used them and was able to survived the rest of the 90s, 2000s and early 2010s, he'd definingly be making Rax bank today. With how people are now, Mr. Delicious was definingly ahead of his time in the 90s but would fit in nowadays.

Oh, you mentioned that Wendy's bought out Rax. Do you think it could be possibly to see co-branded Rax-Wendy's restaurants similar to cobranded KFC-Taco Bells?

Oh, you mentioned that Wendy's bought out Rax. Do you think it could be possibly to see co-branded Rax-Wendy's restaurants similar to cobranded KFC-Taco Bells?
I assume so, yeah. Apparently Wendy's bought out Tim Hortons and did that with the two restaurants at some point, so it's quite plausible. Ironically, they actually bought out Rax during its downfall in OTL, but it proved too much of a money pit so they sold it off- that's where I got the idea that they'd buy it once its success story began in TTL. (Also, I'm not the first to say this but I feel like Mr Delicious and Wendy's coexisting on Twitter would be... interesting, to say the least.)

I assume so, yeah. Apparently Wendy's bought out Tim Hortons and did that with the two restaurants at some point, so it's quite plausible. Ironically, they actually bought out Rax during its downfall in OTL, but it proved too much of a money pit so they sold it off- that's where I got the idea that they'd buy it once its success story began in TTL. (Also, I'm not the first to say this but I feel like Mr. Delicious and Wendy's coexisting on Twitter would be... interesting, to say the least.)
Mr. Delicious and Wendy duking out on Twitter (despite both of them being owned by the same company in this scenario) is something that would be pretty interesting to see.

I assume so, yeah. Apparently Wendy's bought out Tim Hortons and did that with the two restaurants at some point, so it's quite plausible. Ironically, they actually bought out Rax during its downfall in OTL, but it proved too much of a money pit so they sold it off- that's where I got the idea that they'd buy it once its success story began in TTL. (Also, I'm not the first to say this but I feel like Mr Delicious and Wendy's coexisting on Twitter would be... interesting, to say the least.)
Another thing I forgot to mention is that if Mr. Delicious wasn't adapted as the mascot of Rax in the early 1990s, then the restaurant would continue to use Uncle Alligator as its mascot until 2017 in this scenario.