Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defunct province of New Guernsey

Province of New Guernsey.png

Last edited:
Nice box! What specific area is New Guernsey in? You may remember I was also working on a Gotham thing a while back and I was thinking of having New Guernsey as the neighboring state of Gotham.
Thanks!

Parallel to NJ-NY, I think NG would separate Gotham from the mainland. I can't put it on a TTL map for obvious reasons, hence the generic NE map, but I have a map or the position of the two in mind. For all major geographic points of interests to work, the quick paint map below shows the relative position and size of the main locations of the area in my head for now. It's a heck of a lore, so getting through 70 years of discriptions is no overnight job, because I don't want to exclusively rely on the film maps of recent years even though they really are great. Naturally, it's a subjective project and cannot represent any canonical material accurately, even if that is my intention.

Horrible map.png

I'm aware that the quality of the map is embarrassing XD

Last edited:
Anima infobox.png

Anima
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anima is a state in the Western United States, about 5,000 miles (9000 km) from the U.S. mainland in the Pacific Ocean. It is of the two U.S. states outside North America.

The island of Anima remained largely unpopulated until the 1930s when the Japanese began moving supplies and constructing airfields on the island. During the 1940s many beastmen were moved into Anima by the Japanese Government, as they distrusted them. Eventually, conditions deteriorated so much that when American soldiers landed on the island in late 1944, the beastmen decided to revolt, forcing the Japanese out and receiving the American soldiers as liberators. The island was managed by the Occupation of Japan until 1952, when local beastmen, now settled on the island, decided to riot to protest the island rejoining Japan. Eventually, the island was made into its own occupation zone under the pretense of maintaining order. In 1961 President John F. Kennedy declared a referendum on the status of Anima. 82% of the island voting population chose to join the United States, and so, on July 4th, 1962, Anima became the 51st U.S. state, the latest to date. Anima has influenced U.S. politics considerably, as President John Caldwell and Barbara Rose started their political careers here. Caldwell started as governor becoming President in 1976, whilst Rose became a Senator, before becoming Ronald Reagan's Vice President and finally President in 1988.

(@Luxembourgish Jane you might be interested in this, also sorry for ping)
(POD is better Human-Beastmen relationship)

UK 2037 Box.png

Just a wikibox of a near-future UK election. Little lore for this is that in the mid-late 2020s, Europe, the Commonwealth Realms, Mexico, and Brazil experience a reactionary wave. This wave is typically characterised by the growing popularity of traditionalist/monarchist/aristocratic conservative politics similar to the High Tories in the UK, the election of political parties espousing such platforms to power, and a massive revival of faith among the Catholics, Orthodox, and high-church Protestants. The latter also involves those churches moving to more conservative policies such as the revival of some defunct or declinging Catholic traditions by a conservative Pope (e.g. revival of Papal coronations, encouragement of Latin mass celebrations, etc.), and the Church of England revoking some of its more liberal reforms (e.g. female clergy). The time period after 2025 would also see a massive explosion of conversions to the Catholic Church in Asia, such that the Indian states of Goa, Kerala, and the Seven Sister states, and the Chinese province of Guangdong are now majority Catholic and the State of Israel along with the Palestinian territories are now plurality Catholic.

I really liked my American leaders post I did previously and decided to expand on it slightly more.
I may have gone overboard yet again...

just a "little bit"

ok yeah I went overboard again.

h73w7C1.png

“Peoples do not judge in the same way as courts of law; they do not hand down sentences, they throw thunderbolts; they do not condemn kings, they drop them back into the void; and this justice is worth just as much as that of the courts.”
― Maximilien Robespierre

They Throw Thunderbolts.jpg

Opera Snapshot_2023-05-29_021643_mockelections.miraheze.org.png
Opera Snapshot_2023-05-25_234832_mockelections.miraheze.org.png

Hey all! This may be Part 1 in a potential series I wanna do based on the Alt 1793 scenario in The New Campaign Trail, if y'all are interested lemme know!

Last edited:
“Peoples do not judge in the same way as courts of law; they do not hand down sentences, they throw thunderbolts; they do not condemn kings, they drop them back into the void; and this justice is worth just as much as that of the courts.”
― Maximilien Robespierre

View attachment 833851

View attachment 833828View attachment 833829

Hey all! This may be Part 1 in a potential series I wanna do based on the Alt 1793 scenario in The New Campaign Trail, if y'all are interested lemme know!
Sounds very interesting, I'm definitely interested.

― Maximilien Robespierre

View attachment 833851

View attachment 833828View attachment 833829

Got my interest

View attachment 832465
Just a wikibox of a near-future UK election. Little lore for this is that in the mid-late 2020s, Europe, the Commonwealth Realms, Mexico, and Brazil experience a reactionary wave. This wave is typically characterised by the growing popularity of traditionalist/monarchist/aristocratic conservative politics similar to the High Tories in the UK, the election of political parties espousing such platforms to power, and a massive revival of faith among the Catholics, Orthodox, and high-church Protestants. The latter also involves those churches moving to more conservative policies such as the revival of some defunct or declinging Catholic traditions by a conservative Pope (e.g. revival of Papal coronations, encouragement of Latin mass celebrations, etc.), and the Church of England revoking some of its more liberal reforms (e.g. female clergy). The time period after 2025 would also see a massive explosion of conversions to the Catholic Church in Asia, such that the Indian states of Goa, Kerala, and the Seven Sister states, and the Chinese province of Guangdong are now majority Catholic and the State of Israel along with the Palestinian territories are now plurality Catholic.
The Duke of Kent needs a haircut,stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.