Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 764143

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday,
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy.
Neat. I heard the rhyme when I was young and took it just as a way to remember the days of the week; I only vaguely considered the possibility it was a story of early death. and didn't think at all it could be the life of an infant like Jean I of France.

1659812512544.png

Oh no! Looks like you wished to the wrong star!

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Clever idea, but there are still far too many current political faces here (which is unfortunate,since it has some merit and unnecessary since post 1930 or so the country's polics would so changed that none of the later names would be in a position to become politically prominent.

Clever idea, but there are still far too many current political faces here (which is unfortunate,since it has some merit and unnecessary since post 1930 or so the country's polics would so changed that none of the later names would be in a position to become politically prominent.
I think it’s safe to say that we can now go back to the pop culture flood that was the bulk of the previous page

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I think it’s safe to say that we can now go back to the pop culture flood that was the bulk of the previous page
Which is, as I noted, unfortunate. There was no need to have any recent political figures in the post, even Reagan was unlikely given the early political changes and the A380 size butterflies they would have caused.

The old dwarf is dead. He took quite a bit of history with him. A reign of 81 years is relatively short by dwarf standards, but Thrurim of House Naram died well aware that his name would go straight down in the chronicles of his people. It must be said that this obscure Master of the council was already old, even for a dwarf, when he managed to be unanimously proclaimed High King of his people by the House of Elders when House Noranduli failed after millennia on the Dark Throne. If he was indeed proclaimed king, he spent his long reign ruling not in ceremonial robes in his throne rooms but from courts of law and councils of ministers, still preferring his old title of Master of the Council and ushering in a redefinition of his office. His reign witnessed more than one revolution for his people, he brought the world into the industrial age and integrated the oldest overseas colonies of his people into the core Dwarf Domain. Although he was a king without a crown and in the clothes of a banker, the question of his future succession remained open and long before his death factions were formed in preparation for the inevitable Meeting of the Clans that would designate his successor. The High King's own son Kamli has become, as opposed to his father's vision, the designated candidate of the monarchists and conservatives, gathered under the banner of the Sons of Erisik, who control the administration of the Domain and who have established ties of allegiance. The other candidates are still too scattered.

The old dwarf is dead and has refused to prepare his succession. Who will lead the dwarves in this uncertain era? Will his work of modernization survive him?

ElectionNains.png

"I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the Army and the Government needed a Dictator. Of course, it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can set up dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship"
- Abraham Lincoln to Joseph Hooker

"Lol ok"

d49iTBA.png

Ella Jenkins - an icon of mine as a child - turned 98 yesterday, so I got to watching some of her old appearances on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. I got to thinking - Mr. Rogers and Jimmy Carter really do remind me of each other. And, me being me, that little glimmer of an idea led me to this.

1659925408201.png

(No, there isn't really any rhyme or reason behind why some OTL political figures turn to children's television and others stay in the Biz.)
Mr. Carter's Neighborhood is an American half-hour educational children's television series that ran from 1969 to 2009, and was created and hosted by Jimmy Carter. Carter had built a personality as "Mr. Carter" in the Plains, Georgia area in the 1950s and 1960s, and appeared on several television and radio programs throughout Georgia - and later, the Southern United States and the country at-large - prior to the creation and development of the series. The show debuted nationally on February 19, 1969, airing on NET (and later, PBS) until February 19, 2009. The series was succeeded by Mr. Obama's Neighborhood (hosted by author Barack Obama) in the United States and Mrs. Granholm's Neighborhood (hosted by former model and activist Jennifer Granholm) in Canada; there are some parts of the Northern United States which receive both installments of the series.

Fred McFeely Rogers (March 20, 1928 - April 9, 2001) was an American politician, activist, and Presbyterian minister who served as the 39th President of the United States from 1981 to 1985. A lifelong Republican (who voiced dissatisfaction with the party's increasingly conservative direction in his later years), Rogers was the Governor of Pennsylvania from 1971 to 1979. Before entering politics, he was a nationally recognized pacifist and civil rights activist who politically advised then-Republican presidential candidate William Scranton, himself a former Governor of Pennsylvania.

Ella Jenkins - an icon of mine as a child - turned 98 yesterday, so I got to watching some of her old appearances on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. I got to thinking - Mr. Rogers and Jimmy Carter really do remind me of each other. And, me being me, that little glimmer of an idea led me to this.

View attachment 764941
(No, there isn't really any rhyme or reason behind why some OTL political figures turn to children's television and others stay in the Biz.)
Mr. Carter's Neighborhood is an American half-hour educational children's television series that ran from 1969 to 2009, and was created and hosted by Jimmy Carter. Carter had built a personality as "Mr. Carter" in the Plains, Georgia area in the 1950s and 1960s, and appeared on several television and radio programs throughout Georgia - and later, the Southern United States and the country at-large - prior to the creation and development of the series. The show debuted nationally on February 19, 1969, airing on NET (and later, PBS) until February 19, 2009. The series was succeeded by Mr. Obama's Neighborhood (hosted by author Barack Obama) in the United States and Mrs. Granholm's Neighborhood (hosted by former model and activist Jennifer Granholm) in Canada; there are some parts of the Northern United States which receive both installments of the series.

Fred McFeely Rogers (March 20, 1928 - April 9, 2001) was an American politician, activist, and Presbyterian minister who served as the 39th President of the United States from 1981 to 1985. A lifelong Republican (who voiced dissatisfaction with the party's increasingly conservative direction in his later years), Rogers was the Governor of Pennsylvania from 1971 to 1979. Before entering politics, he was a nationally recognized pacifist and civil rights activist who politically advised then-Republican presidential candidate William Scranton, himself a former Governor of Pennsylvania.
Truly, a blessed world

No, I would enjoy making more political posts, because I am the one making them, not you. Because you don't make posts. You just ask and whine.

In fact I will refrain from making pop culture posts in the near future for the sole reason that I don't want you to get any satisfaction from them.

Myself and multiple others have verbally pointed out how annoying and rude your behavior is. Our posts have been liked by quite a few people indictating that, though not everyone goes to the lenght to write it down, a lot of people are bothered. You've offered no actual excuses, instead just going silent and doing it again now.

So this time I'll say it in a clear an direct manner: Can you please get out of this thread and never come back?

No, I would enjoy making more political posts, because I am the one making them, not you. Because you don't make posts. You just ask and whine.

In fact I will refrain from making pop culture posts in the near future for the sole reason that I don't want you to get any satisfaction from them.

Myself and multiple others have verbally pointed out how annoying and rude your behavior is. Our posts have been liked by quite a few people indictating that, though not everyone goes to the lenght to write it down, a lot of people are bothered. You've offered no actual excuses, instead just going silent and doing it again now.

So this time I'll say it in a clear an direct manner: Can you please get out of this thread and never come back?
Agreed. But it's not fair you being unable to make Pop Culture posts. But wasn't most of this thread politics or events, not PC related?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.