Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Presidents of the United States of America, from 1789 to 1820. Not intended to be taken particularly seriously.
View attachment 751423
View attachment 751424

The 1819 presidential election is more of a mess than usual for this unfortunate version of America. I didn't do a box for the VP election, but you can look at the numbers in the notes for Monroe above and get an idea of how messy it is.
View attachment 751425
I like this very much! Great job on creating realistic circumstances for each of their deaths! I would genuinely enjoy seeing this dystopian chaotic series of deaths, Impeachment, and Constitutional Crises continue to the present day!
Also good job on the wikiboxes. 👍

I like this very much! Great job on creating realistic circumstances for each of their deaths! I would genuinely enjoy seeing this dystopian chaotic series of deaths, Impeachment, and Constitutional Crises continue to the present day!
Also good job on the wikiboxes. 👍
Thanks. I've long noted that two VPs (Clinton and Gerry) died in office in a span of less than three years, and just decided to turn that up to 12. As for continuing, I feel like the nation probably wouldn't survive that long.

Thanks. I've long noted that two VPs (Clinton and Gerry) died in office in a span of less than three years, and just decided to turn that up to 12. As for continuing, I feel like the nation probably wouldn't survive that long.
Well you did mention that it's not intended to be taken seriously so you have your back covered on that front. I just love dystopian alternate histories and would love to see this continued if you have interest.

1655587836085.jpeg

The 60s were a strange time.

Page 38: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election
* Page 307: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in South Carolina
* Page 310: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Alabama
* Page 311: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Arkansas
* Page 312: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Florida
* Page 314: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Georgia
* Page 315: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Kentucky
* Page 316: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Louisiana
* Page 317; The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Mississippi
* Page 319: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in North Carolina
* Page 319: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Tennessee
* Page 320: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Texas
* Page 320: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Virginia
* Page 330: The 1867 Confederate States presidential election table
Page 39: The 1864 United States presidential election
* Page 321: The 1864 United States presidential election in Vermont
* Page 324: The 1864 United States presidential election in New Hampshire
* Page 325: The 1864 United States presidential election in Maine
* Page 325: The 1864 United States presidential election in Massachusetts
* Page 326: The 1864 United States presidential election in Rhode Island
* Page 328: The 1864 United States presidential election in Connecticut
* Page 331: The 1864 United States presidential election in New York
* Page 336: The 1864 United States presidential elections in both New Jersey and Delaware
* Page 339: The 1864 United States presidential election in Pennsylvania
* Page 341: The 1864 United States presidential election in Maryland
* Page 343: The 1864 United States presidential election in West Virginia
* Page 345: The 1864 United States presidential election in Kentucky
* Page 345: The 1864 United States presidential election in Ohio
* Page 347: The 1864 United States presidential election in Indiana
* Page 349: The 1864 United States presidential election in Illinois (you are here)

The 1864 United States presidential election in Illinois in Harry Turtledove's The Guns of the South

1864USAGOTSIL1.png

1864USAGOTSIL2.png

The 1864 United States presidential election in Illinois took place on November 8, 1864, as part of the 1864 United States presidential election. Voters chose 16 representatives, or electors to the Electoral College, who voted for president and vice president.

Illinois voted for the voted for the Republican Party candidate, incumbent President Abraham Lincoln, over the three other candidates, Democratic candidate Horatio Seymour, Radical Republican candidate John C. Frémont and Independent candidate George B. McClellan.

Lincoln won the Prairie State by a very narrow margin of exactly 1%, likely as a result of him being native to the state (though he was born in Kentucky).

Last edited:
What do these parties stand for and why have they arisen in popularity above the Dems and GOP ITTL? Also who's the President and how large of a role do these parties play in presidential and congressional elections?
Didn't think too much about lore, but I like to imagine that the counter-culture revolution of the 60s is exponentially more popular, turning into some sort of alternative "Great Awakening", where New Age cults supplant traditional religions and these charismatic sociopaths rise to lead political movements.
Of course, would make more sense for this to be a culmination of the events, the 70s would work better than 66.

Do you have any lore behind this TL? I‘m curious about the circumstances that would cause Imperial Japan to ally with the U.S while Britain sides with Nazi Germany.
Couple of different PODs here:

Japanese Prime Minister Inukai Tsuyoshi survives his attempted assassination in 1932. However, actor Charlie Chaplin, also targeted by the assassins, does not. The resulting national embarrassment over Chaplin’s assassination gives Tsuyoshi enough political capital to regain civilian control over the military and limit further military adventures in China and lowers tensions with the United States.

Edward VIII decides to resist attempts to force his abdication, allying with Oswald’s Mosley’s Blackshirts to foment riots in the streets. The resulting chaos is used as a justification to dissolve Parliament, allowing Edward to essentially rule by decree until Mosely establishes a toothless caretaker Parliament. Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand “suspend” their allegiances to the Crown (South Africa remains sides with Edward).

Mostly I wanted to devise a timeline that builds towards a big naval brawl in the North Atlantic between the USN/IJN (without fuel limitations and backed by US industrial capacity ) on one side and the RN/Kriegsmarine/Regina Marina on the other. With some of the other set pieces being an attempt by the Germans and the British to seize the Panama Canal standing in for Guadalcanal/New Guinea, and an island hopping campaign across the Caribbean instead of the Pacific.

Couple of different PODs here:

Japanese Prime Minister Inukai Tsuyoshi survives his attempted assassination in 1932. However, actor Charlie Chaplin, also targeted by the assassins, does not. The resulting national embarrassment over Chaplin’s assassination gives Tsuyoshi enough political capital to regain civilian control over the military and limit further military adventures in China and lowers tensions with the United States.

Edward VIII decides to resist attempts to force his abdication, allying with Oswald’s Mosley’s Blackshirts to foment riots in the streets. The resulting chaos is used as a justification to dissolve Parliament, allowing Edward to essentially rule by decree until Mosely establishes a toothless caretaker Parliament. Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand “suspend” their allegiances to the Crown (South Africa remains sides with Edward).

Mostly I wanted to devise a timeline that builds towards a big naval brawl in the North Atlantic between the USN/IJN (without fuel limitations and backed by US industrial capacity ) on one side and the RN/Kriegsmarine/Regina Marina on the other. With some of the other set pieces being an attempt by the Germans and the British to seize the Panama Canal standing in for Guadalcanal/New Guinea, and an island hopping campaign across the Caribbean instead of the Pacific.
I always liked things around the Abdication Crisis and alternative routes that could've followed.

Cool scenario!

What do you mean its already been done?

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 11.12.35.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 11.04.22.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 11.04.22.png
    388.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Best in the World (part one)

The unthinkable had happened on July 17, 2011. CM Punk, with his contract set to expire at midnight, defeated John Cena in a barnburner to take home the WWE Championship, and ran out of Allstate Arena stealing the biggest prize in professional wrestling. Just a few hours before that match, CM Punk convinced Vince McMahon to allow him to go to any promotion to defend the title, with Punk saying: "I want to come back at Survivor Series".

Therefore; the CM Punk world tour began. He began with TNA.
"What in the hell is CM Punk doing in the Impact Zone? And he has the WWE title with him!"
- Mike Tenay, on an episode of IMPACT

Punk interrupted IMPACT and had another pipebomb-esque promo, claiming that TNA messed up when they had Punk the first time. The next week, he interrupted a segment between TNA World Champion Sting and Kurt Angle, saying, "I'm sure both of you want this more than you want that lump of crap around Sting's waist".

It was official - there would be no TNA World Championship match, instead it would be a WWE Championship match closing out a TNA pay-per-view.

Hardcore Justice (Total Nonstop Action Wrestling)
CE83A581-06AC-47A4-8F92-D9CEE8C98C52_4_5005_c.jpeg

After scurrying out of the Impact Zone after a title match that got more eyes on the TNA product, he waited until the next pay-pew-view held by the company, No Surrender, to re-appear, declaring an open challenge to open the show.

And who came out? None other than the Phenomenal One himself.
No Surrender (Total Nonstop Action Wrestling)
2BAB746D-967A-47AF-B796-F4B66E3BF0D2_4_5005_c.jpeg

The match was compared by many to be on par, with some even saying that it was better, than the Punk v. Cena encounter at Money in the Bank. Dave Meltzer thought so too - he rated it 5 stars, the first TNA match to get that coveted rating since Styles/Joe/Daniels at Unbreakable in 2005.

After Punk won it with a Styles Clash of his own...Punk thought it was save to trash-talk TNA some more...instead, Samoa Joe came out to level Punk with a Musclebuster. Punk was going to have one more match in TNA before he got out of Dixieland for good.

Until then, he managed to catch a flight to New York to a homecoming of sorts for Punk - his first appearance on a Ring of Honor card since leaving the company to head for WWE in 2005. The original Summer of Punk happened in ROH - now the Second Summer was going to make a stop by the promotion that first drew eyes on CM Punk.

"I'm glad to be back here, I really am...now give me who I am going to face in the main event tonight!"
- CM Punk at Death Before Dishonor IX

Lo and behold, it was the former ROH World Champion, Eddie Edwards. After some bickering, Edwards said:
"I am not only going to prove myself, I am going to make myself the WWE Champion tonight. I am going to prove that you can last 60 minutes in the ring with me."

Therefore, it was an Iron Man match for the WWE Championship.
01068D24-BD31-4C27-8832-B310D028F3E5_4_5005_c.jpeg

After a grueling match that harked back to Punk's most iconic matches in ROH with Raven and Samoa Joe, CM Punk hit the GTS with 15 seconds left to break the tie and walk away the WWE Champion once more.

Next up on Best in the World...Who is the "true" WWE Champion in Stamford?​

1655677424495.png

The 2004 Belarusian presidential election was held in two rounds on the 24th June and 11th July 2004. Incumbent President Sergey Kalyakin, supported by the BSDH (Assembly) party and the PCB, was running for re-election to a second five-year term, which would be his last under the Belarusian constitution.

Kalyakin’s first five-year term had been marked with considerable economic insecurity, as his efforts to ‘chart a middle ground between Europe and Russia’ that he had promised in his inaugural address had proved difficult. New Russian President Vladimir Putin, elected in 2000, had been hostile to Kalyakin’s desire for Belarus to continue to have ties to Western Europe, and Kalyakin had struggled to get along with Polish President Aleksander Kwaśniewski and Prime Minister Jerzy Buzek due to their support for market liberalism rather than a socialized economy as he and his party supported.

The early 2000s recession had caused significant problems for Belarus’s economy, and the early emergence of this contributed to the BSDH and Kalyakin’s PCB losing support in the 2000 parliamentary election. His use of a referendum to reduce the parliamentary term to four years to make it concurrent with the presidential election was also argued by the opposition to be a power grab, and it failed.

The movement against Kalyakin and the BSDH had coalesced around the successor to the BPF, the Conservative Christian Party (CCP), though as Prime Minister its leader Zianon Pazniak had become unpopular for his frequent feuding with Kalyakin and his anti-Russian stance. As a result, instead of nominating him for the Presidency as the BPF had done twice, the CCP instead nominated Siarhei Navumchyk, another former democracy activist and a journalist who had fought against both Kebich and Kalyakin’s referenda. Like Pazniak, he had a pro-European stance, and was noted for being much more conciliatory towards European governments. He also advocated for market-oriented economic reforms.

During the campaign, Kalyakin campaigned on the economy, claiming that Navumchyk would bring about severe economic instability and attacking statements he had made prior to the Iraq War suggesting he sympathized with the war coalition (Kalyakin had ensured Belarus did not participate in the war). This allowed him to regain significant momentum and despite Navumchyk enjoying significant poll leads at first, Kalyakin started to close the gap during the spring of 2004.

The first round saw Kalyakin come narrowly ahead of Navumchyk in a surprise result, helped by the CCP bleeding votes to the agrarian BAP. Ultimately Navumchyk prevailed in the second round with 52.3% of the vote to 46.6% for Kalyakin; analysts suggested the first round galvanized support for Navumchyk and noted his campaign’s increased support and funding from other countries after it. The election’s second round is noted for the lowest-ever vote for the ‘None of These Candidates’ option in a Belarusian presidential election, at just 1.1%.

Status
Not open for further replies.