Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1633784923505.png

This is a bit blurry, is there any differences?
Yeah that’s on my part. I had to zoom way out to fit the wikibox into the screenshot, hence why it’s blurry. Basically Stephen Sommers directs and co-writes the movie, Joseph Mazzello stars as Sam Witwicky, Brendan Fraser plays Lennox, and it grosses a little less than OTL (though has better reviews).

Yeah that’s on my part. I had to zoom way out to fit the wikibox into the screenshot, hence why it’s blurry. Basically Stephen Sommers directs and co-writes the movie, Joseph Mazzello stars as Sam Witwicky, Brendan Fraser plays Lennox, and it grosses a little less than OTL (though has better reviews).
I apologise and thanks for replying!

If you're using google chrome there's a tool-Full Page Screenshot, that takes a screenshot of the entire page, then all you have to do is crop it to the wikibox.

If I can suggest another thing that may help you: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...nshots/mcbpblocgmgfnpjjppndjkmgjaogfceg?hl=en
It works on Oprea and it has a tool that lets you select a certain area so there's no cropping involved. I use it all the time.

My first time making a wikibox, hopefully it's good enough for this thread!
Part of a wider timeline I'm working on, it's still early on and so is of course subject to change.
BEC2fHe.png

Taking lots of inspiration off of Anarcho-Occultist's post of this same concept a little over a year ago, credit for the idea goes to him.

fdr.png
johnngarner.png
1936election.png

The man Americans so wholeheartedly believed in to lead America out of the Great Depression was now dead. Left to take his place was Cactus Jack. All the fears were that he was out of touch with the general populous. After all, he had been in Washington for 30 years by now. Garner, however, inherited many of the policies of FDR's "New Deal", incorporating them into his own "Common Deal" domestic policy. Instituting policies such as deposit insurance, his $2,100,000,000 unemployment relief bill, and $5,000,000,000 infrastructure plan revitalized American markets, put people back to work, and lifted the United States out of the depression by 1937. Perhaps the most famous piece of legislation under the Common Deal, however was Social Security. With all of these policies, the American people were more than satisfied, and easily re-elected Garner to a second term in office.

Not even out of his first term yet, Garner then ran into problems. Sit-down strikes across the Midwest sprang up as workers demanded stronger labor regulations. Garner responded by suppressing these strikes with military force. Another knock on his performance is his refusal to intervene in European affairs, taking a staunchly isolationist approach and leaving his successor's administration underprepared for what could occur abroad. Garner too was openly hostile to minority interests, making African-American voters trust his party less

In all, Garner leaves a controversial legacy. On one side, he is praised for his response to the Great Depression, yet on the other side, he is criticized for his poor labor and race relations and lax foreign policy. Despite this, historians rank him above average on most scales.

This is part of a multi-portion timeline, to be continued later.

Last edited:
I know Doctor Who timelines are very common, and maybe even this scenario's been done, but I thought of it and went 'why not?'
1633901743471.png

Doctor Who was a British science-fiction series that ran on BBC One from 1963 to 1969, created by Canadian producer Sydney Newman, who earlier created The Avengers, but mostly run independently from him. It ran for 253 episodes, with stories produced in serial formats of varying number of episodes per serial.

The series’ title character, Doctor Who, was a mysterious and greatly intelligent man who appeared to be either some kind of alien or a scientist from far in humanity’s future. He travelled through space and time in a spaceship entitled the TARDIS, which was disguised as a police box, a form of communication used by the police during the 1960s. The series saw a large number of actors who served as companions to Doctor Who, though none remained with the Doctor for the whole show.

Doctor Who was played by Geoffrey Bayldon, who was initially reluctant to take on the part due to his concern that he was becoming typecast as playing old men, but with the enticing possibility of a 52-week run, he spoke with the series’ producer Verity Lambert and successfully convinced her to revise Doctor Who’s characterisation to make him a character who seemed old and eccentric rather than actually being old.

The series developed a large cult following during the 1960s, helped by its use of monsters (despite Newman’s protestations about doing so, ironically) that captured the audience’s imaginations. The most popular of these, the Daleks, proved so popular with the public that the merchandising boom around them led to a phenomenon nicknamed ‘Dalekmania’, and featured in two feature films adapting the first two stories of the TV series in which they appeared (1965’s Doctor Who and the Daleks and 1966’s Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150AD; both of these starred Peter Cushing as Doctor Who instead of Bayldon). Their creator, Terry Nation, withdrew the rights for the series to use them after 1967, eventually managing to create his own series with them, Daleks (1970-74).

Other monsters that became popular with the public included the Cybermen, a race of future humans who replaced their bodies with cybernetic components; the Yeti, which were cybernetic replicas of the famous cryptid creatures; and the Ice Warriors, reptilian inhabitants of a post-ice age Mars. These did not achieve the same popularity as the Daleks, but nonetheless proved popular and memorable to fans.

The series’ viewing figures were extremely high in its early years, but during the latter half of the 1960s they started to decline significantly. This, combined with the offer of the leading role in ITV’s Catweazle (1970-71), led Bayldon to choose to leave the series at the end of its sixth season, and so the BBC chose to end the series.

The final story of the programme, The War Games, was a ten-parter in which Doctor Who and his companions Jamie (Frazer Hines, the actor to feature in the most episodes after Bayldon) and Zoe (Wendy Padbury) had to seek the support of the Time Lords, Doctor Who’s own people; it is left ambiguous if they are an alien race or merely a rank in a human society Doctor Who comes from. The Time Lords sentence the final story’s main antagonist, the War Lord, to be erased from existence, and while the Doctor provides a defence for his actions (including stealing the TARDIS and intervening in time), the episode- and the series- ends with the Time Lords’ verdict and Doctor Who’s sentence unknown.

Doctor Who is widely looked back on as one of the most influential British television series of the 1960s, and as a classic example of 60s sci-fi often compared to contemporaries like The Prisoner and Star Trek. It also retained a considerable place in pop culture in Britain and the Commonwealth, continuing to be sold to Commonwealth countries until the mid-1970s.

Unfortunately, as sales of the series started to dry up, many episodes were wiped by BBC archivists, though fans started to learn of this as the BBC’s policy on archiving became more preservationist and fought to prevent episodes being junked. As of 2021, 147 of the 253 episodes produced survive in the BBC’s archives, including all of the first story (generally known as ‘The Tribe of Gum’ by fans; the early series of the show had individual titles for each episode, with their collective titles subject to fan conjecture) and all of the last story.

Since the 1970s, several missing episodes have been recovered, though parts of the debut stories of the Cybermen, Yeti and Ice Warriors are all missing and several stories have no episodes surviving at all. Despite this, BBC home video sales of the series proved very lucrative as the market took off during the late 1980s and early 1990s, and for the series’ 30th anniversary in 1993, a documentary was produced covering the series’ run with notable focus on its missing episodes.

The series is sometimes said to have been disproportionately influential for its relatively short run, particularly due to many creators involved with the series going on to greater success, including its first producer, Verity Lambert, who was the first woman producer at the BBC and would have such a large career she was awarded an OBE for services to British television; later producer Innes Lloyd, who collaborated with Alan Bennett on several productions; series writer Terry Nation, as mentioned, would create three further TV series, Daleks, Survivors and Blake’s 7; and of course Bayldon would enjoy a prolific career as a character actor. When Bayldon died in May 2017, fans attended his memorial service dressed as Doctor Who and monsters from the series.

So, a while ago I posted a map of a Nestorian Turkey in the Map Thread - here's it's Emperor.

Osman IV (Os̱mân Ömer Nestur Çoḫân ben Bâyezîd ben Erṭoğrıl ebû Orhan Os̱mânoğlu; born 28 January 1970) is the Şâhenşâh of the Ottoman Empire. He ascended to the throne on 2017 upon the death of his father.

Osman was born in the Imperial Palace of Nebuchadnezzar (Iraki: Serây-i Nebûḫâtneṣṣâr), located in the Karḫa district in the Iraki capital, Bağdad. He was the second child and first son of his father Bayezid III and his mother, Queen Empress Zeînifelek Gülezibâ Kocabaṣı. He became Veliaht-i Şâhenşâhlık upon his father's accession as Şâhenşâh on 13 June 2009 and succeeded him following his death on 14 October 2017. He went to private primary, secondary and tertiary schools in Irak and attended the Imperial University of Gondēšāpūr in Persia, as well as the Pandidaktḗrion in Constantinople, graduating with a degree in Law and a Master in Economic Law, respectively. He married Kadınefendi Nakşidil Yıldız in 1993, and they have seven children: Princess Mihrümah (born 1994), Veliaht-i Şâhenşâhlık Orhan (born 1996), twins Prince Çihangir and Princess Raziye (born 1997), Princess Melisa (born 1999), Prince Rüstem (born 2001) and Princess Bezmiâlem (born 2004).

Osman is interested in sports, such as chariot racing, bullfighting and football, and religious affairs. Until his accession to the throne, he was a member of the Imperial Chariot-Racing Committee and the Grandmaster of the secular branch of the Order of Mârs̱adai. He is a supporter of the Red Charioteer Club of Baghdad (Iraki: Kızıl Arabacıları-ye Bağdad'ın) and of the Yunansêray Football Club.

View attachment 685688

I used the likeness of Turkish actor Halit Ergenç to give life to Osman IV. Turkish soap operas have become common here in Mexico for some reason, and he stars as Suleiman the Magnificent in one.

Full name of Osman in multiple scripts

Turco-Romance
Os̱mân Ömer Nestur Çoḫân ben Bâyezîd ben Erṭoğrıl ebû Orhan Os̱mânoğlu
This is entirely from the Ottoman Turkish alphabet wiki page.

Turco-Persian
𐭥𐭮𐭬𐭠𐭭 𐭥𐭬𐭩𐭥 𐭭𐭩𐭮𐭲𐭥𐭥 𐭰𐭥𐭧𐭠𐭭 𐭡𐭩𐭭 𐭡𐭠𐭢𐭩𐭰𐭩𐭲 𐭡𐭩𐭭 𐭩𐭥𐭨𐭥𐭢𐭥𐭩𐭫 𐭩𐭯𐭡 𐭥𐭫𐭧𐭠𐭭 𐭥𐭮𐭬𐭠𐭭𐭥𐭬𐭫𐭥‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
This is the Pahlavi script.

Turco-Greek
Οσμάν ΙΟμερ Νεστούρ Τζοχάν βεν Βάγεζίδ βεν Ερτογχριλ εβυ Ορχαν Οσμανογχλυ
This is based on OTL's Karamanli Turkish, which was a form of written Turkish and a dialect spoken by Orthodox Turks in the Ottoman Empire.

Turco-Syriac
ܘܨܡܐܢ ܥܡܝܪ ܢܝܣܬܘܪ ܫܥܚܐܢ ܒܢ ܒܐܝܙܝܕ ܒܢ ܝܪܬܥܓܪܝܠ ܝܒܘ ܘܪܗܢ ܘܣܡܐܢܘܓܠܘ
This was my attempt at writing the full name of Osman IV in Syriac... More likely than not a bunch of nonsense, but hey, I tried!

Turkish ITTL is more akin to Ottoman Turkish, with several loanwords - but nowhere near OTL's level - and it's mostly written in the Pahlavi script, which is not replaced by Arabic in Iran. To be honest, it's very tiresome to make the letters match the phonology (a.k.a. it being actually readable and not just a bunch of random gibberish) so, even if I did my best and carefully checked each letter I copied and pasted from Wikipedia, expect it to be full of errors. I don't think there are many people here who can read the Pahlavi script, but whatever lol.
That's dope bro, I'd like to get my eyeballs on a Eastern Roman Empire if you have made it.

JERRY-MANDERIN'
"Fate intervened, and cruelly. Forty years later, people of Chillicothe still wonder."

John Doe: "I've never heard an accent like yours before. Where are you from?"
Ed Turner: "Chillicothe, Missouri."
John Doe: "Chillicothe, huh? You wouldn't have happened to know a guy named Litton?"
Ed Turner: "Yeah, I knew him."
John Doe: "Don't you think he would have been president?"
An exchange former campaign manager Ed Turner had with a stranger in San Francisco, California, c. 2016.[a]

--
TheLittonBoxes.png

--

[a] Abridged OTL quote. Taken from "Jerry Litton, and what might have been" from the St. Joseph News-Press.

Last edited:
JERRY-MANDERIN'
"Fate intervened, and cruelly. Forty years later, people of Chillicothe still wonder."

John Doe: "I've never heard an accent like yours before. Where are you from?"
Ed Turner: "Chillicothe, Missouri."
John Doe: "Chillicothe, huh? You wouldn't have happened to know a guy named Litton?"
Ed Turner: "Yeah, I knew him."
John Doe: "Don't you think he would have been president?"
An exchange former campaign manager Ed Turner had with a stranger in San Francisco, California, c. 2016.[a]

[a] Abridged OTL quote. Taken from "Jerry Litton, and what might have been" from the St. Joseph News-Press.
I remember a TL with this exact idea of Jerry Litton becoming president, though sadly I don't recall the name of it anymore.

EDIT: Here it is

Last edited:
I remember a TL with this exact idea of Jerry Litton becoming president, though sadly I don't recall the name of it anymore.

EDIT: Here it is

haha! This was one of the first timelines I read on the site when I was just lurking, and one of the main inspirations for that little Litton one-shot I made. I wondered where it had gone-- sad to see it hasn't been updated in over a year. Was absolutely one of my favorite TLs, despite it being unfinished.

That's dope bro, I'd like to get my eyeballs on a Eastern Roman Empire if you have made it.
Thanks, mate, for sure! However, you'll have to give me some time since I've got to 1) make a collage of the Byzantine territories (they also have a pretty big empire), 2) edit and tweak the wikibox I've already got of the Byzantine emperor, 3) make a write up for the lore of the map, and 4) make up a Wikipedia-style bio for the emperor.

Status
Not open for further replies.