Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presidents from L. Neil Smith's North American Confederacy. The whole series is anarcho-capitalistic trash, but I love it precisely for its cockeyed politics...

1626813922478.png

1626814408507.png

1626815595775.png

1626817706386.png

1626831988919.png

1626833223394.png

1626834242653.png

Last edited:
Just read the Wikipedia summary. I can confidently say that the only two good things to come out of it was American metrification and this infobox list.

Just read the Wikipedia summary. I can confidently say that the only two good things to come out of it was American metrification and this infobox list.
Well technically, it was a different type of metrication. In the timeline, Thomas Jefferson would be responsible for developing a new system of weights and measures (metric units based on inches, pounds, ect.) in 1800. I also remember seeing that mentioned when I read the graphic novel version of The Probability Broach online a few years back.

I have also edited the Wikipedia article for the North American Confederacy many times over the years to add more info and make it make more sense.

Please can someone help me create an infobox, not sure how to do so and get the CSS to work before I upload my screenshot for an ATL political borough on here - a new one in Cambridgeshire!

Anyone got the HTML code, much welcomed! :)
i'd appreciate the help!

The CCTLDs seem off.
Please can someone help me create an infobox, not sure how to do so and get the CSS to work before I upload my screenshot for an ATL political borough on here - a new one in Cambridgeshire!

Anyone got the HTML code, much welcomed! :)
i'd appreciate the help!
Just edit the Wikipedia page and press "Preview changes" when you're done. For bigger projects, it might be better to use a sandbox page so you don't have to worry about accidentally publishing the changes.
At least, that's how I do infoboxes, and it's the process I've seen most other people describe as well. I don't think that HTML or CSS is necessary.

Here is another animal infobox for all you good people! This creature is a large ape that lives in the Himalayas and is a cousin to the Sasquatch of North America. Introducing the Yeti!

Cryptids, fictional animals and fearsome critters as real animals series
Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus)
Unicorn (Equus monoceros)
Chupacabra (Canis vampyrus)
Hodag (Canis hodag)
Hugag (Alces hugag)
Vampire (Homo vampyrus)
Agropelter (Pongo craniofractens)
Elf (Homo eldar)
Drop bear (Phascolarctos kindynos)
Bunyip (Hippopotamus australis)
Leprechaun (Homo luchorpản)
Nandi bear (Ursus africana)
Sasquatch (Gigantopithecus sasquatch)
Skunk ape (Gigantopithecus sasquatch floridensis)
Yeti (Gigantopithecus himalayans) (you are here)

Yeti infobox #1.png

Yeti infobox #2.png

The Yeti (Gigantopithecus himalayans), also known as the Abominable Snowman, the Meh-Teh in Himalayan folklore and sometimes called the Snow ape and the Himalayan sasquatch, is a rare species of ape that lives in the Himalayan Mountains of Asia. It is likely descended from the extinct Gigantopithecus that died out roughly 300 thousand years ago. It is closely related to the Orangutan of Asia, the Sasquatch of North America and the Yowie of Australia.

Description, weight and height

Adult yetis are typically between 6 and 7 feet (1.8-2.13 meters) tall, though the largest ones on record stood up to about 10 feet (3 meters) tall. In weight, they normally weight 200 and 400 pounds (91 to 181 kilograms). This makes the yeti the second largest living ape and primate on Earth only after its close cousin the sasquatch. Male yetis are typically larger than females in both height and weight.

Their footprints are also the second largest of any primate in length, being up to 13 inches (33.02 centimeters) long. However, their width is bigger than that of a sasquatch, reaching up to 9.8 inches (24.89 centimeters) wide.

Much like the sasquatch, the skin color of the yeti is usually with gray or light black, though some have pinkish colored skins. While their hair color is usually either reddish-brown (similar to that on its close relative, the orangutan), brown, gray, or black, the most famous examples have white colored hair.

History and relations with humans

The yeti is though to be a descendent of the extinct ape the Gigantopithecus, which went extinct around 300 thousand years ago. The Gigantopithecus is also the likely ancestor of the Sasquatch of North America and the Yowie of Australia.

Before officially being discovered, various Himalayan people would tell tales about the yeti and some would even worship the creature as a god.

It wouldn't be until In 1975 that the creature would officially be discovered. While on an expedition to the Himalayas, scientist Grover Krantz (who had already discovered the yeti's close cousin, the sasquatch) and his expedition team would capture one alive, tranquilize it, and ship it back to the United States to be studied. After being studied by him and several scientists, it was revealed that it was an undiscovered creature and would be given the name Yeti with its scientific name being Gigantopithecus himalayans.

Yetis tend to be pretty shy of humans and normally avoid them. Males have been known on rare occasions to attack humans during mating season and females will also attack on rare occasions if they have their infants with them and feel like either them or their infant feels threatened.

Diet

The yeti, compared to any other primate barring human beings and vampires, is the most carnivorous primate of all. This is likely due to the scarcity of plants in its habit on the Himalayan Mountains. The yeti will typically feed on non-predator animals such as sheep, goats and deer. They have also been known to scavange from carrion of already dead animals as well as roadkill. There have also been records of it scavenging from human corpses on the mountains, making it one of the few man-eating primates (though there have been no known records of yetis killing human beings for food) other than human beings themselves, chimpanzees and vampires.

In the warmer parts of its habitat range, yetis have been known to eat plant matter, including, grass, leaves, fruit and bamboo.

Range and habitat

Yetis are known to live on and near the Himalayans Mountains of Asia, with there range being in the counties of Nepal, Bhutan, Northern India and Southwestern China. They are regionally extinct in other parts of China, Mongolia and Siberian Russia.

The yeti was already a rare creature at the time of its official discovery, but over the years its population has gone down quite a lot due to poachers and trophy hunters killing the animal for sport. As of 2021, the primate is listed as "critically endangered" with its numbers likely in the lower thousands.

Notes

[1]:
I am well aware of the crosses next to the genus and species names on the infobox (meaning that animal is extinct). However, the Yeti is still alive. I just couldn't figure out how to remove the crosses.
[2]: I got inspired to make this infobox after seeing @TwiliAlchemist 's yeti infobox on their abandoned Animal Infoboxes page they created a few years back. Go check it an the other infoboxes that TwiliAlchemist and a few other users made.

Last edited:
Lyndon Johnson was a man dedicated to seizing opportunity when it could be found. So when the former president woke up to find himself a good 9 years younger at his 1964 victory party, he resolved that he would do it right this time. He wasn't going to let things go to Hell again, that's for sure. He was going to keep things going even if it killed him.
LBJ goes all the way.png

What if the French Monarchy Restoration that nearly happened in 1871 with the Comte d'Chambord did take place?
The Line of the House of Bourbons-Orleans have ruled France since 1871, seeing the country through to its Colonial Empiredom, World War 1, World War 2, the Cold War and to the Modern Era. The French Monarchy retains a high positive polling among the populace (78%) and the French Monarchy will endure.

Kings of France from 1871
1.png

2.png

3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.