Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there by any more info boxes like this in the future
If I can think of any, maybe. The end of this one sort of implies Season 24 being more or less the same as OTL, but I have considered some alternate Doctor Who series (like Davison staying on another year, McCoy getting a final season, McGann getting a series in 1997 etc.) that I might make as infoboxes.

What if South West England has more autonomy?

3A23F3E2-831A-40D0-8444-2229DF764578.jpeg

9C26F323-AD19-47E3-9948-519A7258633C.jpeg

D4EDEE7E-F468-4D8E-BD54-61D55CA6DDD4.jpeg

5B9363F7-09E3-4F26-ACBC-6F7AFAB1BC08.jpeg

FF6120DF-2042-4610-B178-6D6B30B0846E.jpeg

C58D9147-A883-463E-A6DE-17D8582993F7.jpeg

I only disagree on two things with you on this is that Colvile is unlikely to be the Conservative choice and Thangam Debbonaire is unlikely to win even in a transferable vote
I feel that Colvile, before he can make any of his scandals, would be the type of man the Tories would want, whilst being a sensible enough moderate.

The Great European War was brutal. By the end, the warring nations were worn down and exhausted to the point where widespread revolution rocked the continent. Of course the warring nations could not allow this to succeed - after millions of deaths butchering each other in the trenches, the republics, kingdoms, and empires of Europe now found themselves quickly joining arms to suppress the challenge to the old order. The reactionary stage of the war was even more brutal than the previous stage - the fight shifted from clearly defined frontlines to a messy patchwork of uprisings and mutinies scattershot across the cities and countryside of the continent, hitting civilians hard, while the militaries of the established powers saw hemorrhaging losses across the board due to defections. But one by one, the revolutionary territories were beaten down, and subjected to savage slaughter that bathed the streets and countryside in the blood of the radical, the reformer, the revolutionary, the trade unionist, the protester and the mutineer.

The United Kingdom was one of the few areas where revolutionaries were able to gain a solid foothold, with the benefits of the Islands' geographic separation from the mainland, as well as quick victories in Britain with the seizure of London and key ports before loyalist troops could be ferried back from the mainland, a very successful naval mutiny, and a mixture of colonial revolts and the effective alliance-building between various revolutionary, political reform, labour, and protest groups, both within the colonies and the integrated regions outside of Europe. These factors really allowed the British Revolution to be more like a swift coup and seizure of institutional power in many areas, as opposed to the grinding civil war in mainland Europe.

With the revolutionaries on the mainland finally suppressed, the reactionary powers turned their eyes to killing off the last stronghold of revolution and ending the "British abomination". But their "final crusade" was only able to capture a few relatively minor regions before it came to a halt - a second wave of uprisings struck the European mainland. While the first wave demanded radical political and societal change, the second wave was largely devoid of ideology and fueled by mere desperation - years of total war, followed by the revolutionary and counterrevolutionary devastation of cities and countryside had taken their toll, and famine spread across Europe. The uprisings this time saw the involvement of even hardcore reactionaries, simply demanding food and other basic necessities, and seeking to secure such resources (even if it meant fighting among each other) when such demands were not met. So the mainland European powers, crippled by this latest rising, reluctantly turned away from Britain, bringing their troops back home to restore order once more and then return to the factories and fields, shifting away from the "total war" economy and relieving some burden from the masses.

Since then, an uneasy peace fell.

Domestically, the ramshackle coalition of British revolutionaries faced opposition both from traditionalists and secessionists, but were ultimately able to retain control. Britain's peculiar history with democracy is often seen as aiding in the unity of the far-flung territories. Even during the era of bourgeoise democracy, as far back as the mid-to-late 1700s, the British took the unusual step of responding to colonial unrest by simply expanding Parliamentary suffrage to areas settled by Europeans, and then after the slaver uprisings in British North America in the early-to-mid 1800s, a political trend emerged of expanding suffrage and civil rights to nonwhite persons in the European-settled regions, as well as, albeit more slowly, expanding suffrage and civil rights even in the nonwhite-majority territories. So Britain already had some experience with multicontinental integration, and bringing people into the system who once never would have been seen as truly "British". And those dissatisfied with the colonial rule in the territories which saw less integration by the time of the revolution tended to align broadly with revolutionary ideals themselves, and often feared what might happen if they just went their own way rather than bought into the push for accelerated integration by the new revolutionary Britain. The revolutionaries were, after all, despised by pretty much every other government, and non-European revolutionaries were especially despised, so the fear of conquest by a reactionary power hung heavy in the air. This allowed for at least reluctant acceptance of the project of the multicontinental revolutionary union rather than fragmentation.

In the realm of foreign policy, Britain was initially quite loathed and isolated on the world stage. Indeed, the powers of mainland Europe would repeatedly consider forming another pact and attacking Britain again, though economic issues and squabbles among them would get in the way during the 20s and 30s, and such ideas were largely shelved when Britain developed and demonstrated the atom bomb in the early 40s. As the 20th century progressed, the international situation improved somewhat with various countries taking a stance of cautious neutrality, and in South America in particular, several outright friendly governments emerged, though Britain remains on the whole something of a pariah

UK ib.png

A bigger version of the map in the infobox is here

(Yes, borders are pretty convergent considering a POD in the 1700s, I just can't be bothered to be creative and come up with different and original ones. Also, while a WWI basically happened, it went rather differently, with different alliances and motivations, compared to OTL, and isn't just a direct copy of our WWI just with a more powerful Britain)

Last edited:
I actually made this infobox on Saturday, but haven't had the time to put it on here. Like with my previous one, this creature lives in Australia and is often found in water. Introducing, the bunyip!

Cryptids, fictional animals and fearsome critters as real animals series
Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus)
Unicorn (Equus monoceros)
Chupacabra (Canis vampyrus)
Hodag (Canis hodag)
Hugag (Alces hugag)
Vampire (Homo vampyrus)
Agropelter (Pongo craniofractens)
Elf (Homo eldar)
Drop bear (Phascolarctos kindynos)
Bunyip (Hippopotamus australis) (you are here)

Bunyip #1.png

Bunyip #2.png

The bunyip (Hippopotamus australis) or very rarely, the Australian hippopotamus or Australian hippo is a large, omnivorous, semiaquatic mammal and ungulate native to Australia. It is one of only three extant species in the family Hippopotamidae, the other two being the common hippo (hippopotamus) and the pygmy hippopotamus of Africa. It also the only living member of its family that lives outside of the African continent. The bunyip is also the largest mammal living on the Australian continent, standing up to 5 feet tall (1.52 meters) weighing up to three and a half tons (7,000 pounds, 3,175 kilograms)

The Aboriginal would tell people that prior to the British colonization of Australia, they would deal with the bunyip in various ways. Some tribes would attempt to kill bunyips for its meat, bones and skin (which would often lead to many deaths and injuries) while other tribes would worship it as a god (usually as a River God or a God of Death). When the British began colonizing Australia in the late 1700s, the Aboriginal would warn them of the dangerous creature lurking the waterways of the continent. These warnings often fell on deaf ears, as the British would often ignore the warnings and go towards the waterways anyways. This would often lead to settlers being injured, killed or even eaten by the bunyip.

Unlike its African cousin, the common hippo, which is normally a herbivore and only resorts to eating meat in times of crisis (e.i., draughts, lack of plants to eat), the bunyip is a complete omnivore, eating as much animal matter as plant matter. Plant matter in the creatures diet includes, grass, leaves, fruit and aquatic plants. Some prey items of the bunyip include dingoes, kangaroos and wallabies, domestic animals (cats, dogs, cows sheep, goats, horses, ect), feral camels and even saltwater crocodiles.

Since the British colonization of Australia, the bunyip has been viewed as a dangerous pest and nuisance. As mentioned above, human encounters with the animal would often lead to deaths and injuries. They would also sometimes invade farms and eat crops, costing farmers lots of money. As a result, many people would resort to hunting bunyips. Along with being killed for sport, they would also be killed for their hide, their meat and their ivory tusk-like teeth (much like their African cousins, bunyips grow large tusk-like teeth made of ivory, making them a target for poachers). As a result of the large scale hunting, the animals population has declined significantly. As of 2021, the species is listed as critically endangered, with only a few thousand bunyips remain in the wilds of Australia's wetlands and its population is expected to continue to decrease. While bunyips have been placed in various zoos across the globe for breeding programs, their aggressive nature (even more so then their African cousins) has made the process difficult.

Here is @AlternateMan 's bunyip infobox that inspired me to make this one. Like AlternateMan, it when with the bunyip being a type of hippo since I didn't want to make it a demonic abomination that couldn't be properly classified.

Last edited:
A nation from my [abadoned?] Decembrist Victory TL - an Ashkenazy Jewish State in OTL Ukraine

ер1.png

The Jewish state in Eastern Europe was the result of the Great Russian Revolution of 1825 and the ensuing Civil War. Following the results of the Peace of Riga of 1829, between the Russian Republic and the Holy Alliance, a buffer Jewish state was created on the territory of parts of the Wolyn and Podolia governorates of the former Empire. Zhitomir became the capital of the new state, the president was first a Russian revolutionary, Baptized Jew Grigory Peretz, and then the famous Vilna rabbi Yosef Zundel. At first, Polish and Yiddish were proclaimed the national languages.

For the first time, the Russian authorities saw the Jewish Republic as one big ghetto. All the Jews of Kiev, Odessa and all of Ukraine and Belarus west of the Dnieper were forcibly deported to the Republic. The same thing happened in the newly formed Kingdom of Poland. The entire Jewish community of Vilno was deported to Zhitomir.

However, the project of the Jewish state was suddenly successful. The new republic received support from the Rothschilds and other Jewish enthusiasts from Western Europe. Financial support and the availability of engineers and managers from the UK, USA and France allowed the Jewish Republic to modernize and become a fairly successful nation.

For the first half century, three main forces fought for power in the republic - the Orthodox rabbis, the Hasides and the secular party "Haskalah", supported by the Rothschilds. But at the end of the 19th century the situation will change. In 1887, Yitzhak Lasker, a German Jew, who proclaimed the concept of "Yiddishism", became president. From Lasker's point of view, the Jewish Republic was to become the Ashkenazi nation state. Lasker and his successor Benjamin Straucher urged "not to look towards Jerusalem, but to build a Nation here, in Europe." A new Constitution was adopted, according to which Yiddish becomes the only state language. This led to a break with the Sephardic diaspora and an end to immigration from Western Europe. As a result, the Sephardim will begin to establish colonies in Palestine, and in the 1970s they will create their own state there - New Israel.

Last edited:
whydididothisinsteadofschoolwork.png

I don't think there's much context I need to give.

I don't think there's much context I can give.

What is wrong with me.

EDIT: I'm probably gonna go ahead and remake this cuz I honestly don't feel satisfied enough with it.

Last edited:

Thomas27

Banned
I actually made this infobox on Saturday, but haven't had the time to put it on here. Like with my previous one, this creature lives in Australia and is often found in water. Introducing, the bunyip!

Cryptids, fictional animals and fearsome critters as real animals series
Jackalope (Lepus tempermentalus)
Unicorn (Equus monoceros)
Chupacabra (Canis vampyrus)
Hodag (Canis hodag)
Hugag (Alces hugag)
Vampire (Homo vampyrus)
Agropelter (Pongo craniofractens)
Elf (Homo eldar)
Drop bear (Phascolarctos kindynos)
Bunyip (Hippopotamus australis) (you are here)

View attachment 626728
View attachment 626729
The bunyip (Hippopotamus australis) or very rarely, the Australian hippopotamus or Australian hippo is a large, omnivorous, semiaquatic mammal and ungulate native to Australia. It is one of only three extant species in the family Hippopotamidae, the other two being the common hippo (hippopotamus) and the pygmy hippopotamus of Africa. It also the only living member of its family that lives outside of the African continent.

More info to be added later, possibly tomorrow.

Here is @AlternateMan 's bunyip infobox that inspired me to make this one. Like AlternateMan, it when with the bunyip being a type of hippo since I didn't want to make it a demonic abomination that couldn't be properly classified.
I hope you'll continue this serie. It's really cool and interesting.
I have the idea of using alternate history to make cryptides look real for a bunch of years, but I just don't have the time because I'm already busy writing my books and working on my illustrations.

Have an excerpt from Aidepikiw. (No prizes for guessing which Red Dwarf episode I just rewatched. :p)

1613948169830.png

The Sensational Reverse Brothers (backwards: Srehtorb Esrever Lanoitasnes Eht) were a short-lived novelty act that performed for roughly a month in Nodnol, Dnalgne, in 3991. Comprising Remmir Sadej Dlonra, a man who professed to be a hologram, and P325 B4X2 Netyrk, who claimed his odd appearance was because he ‘took his car to the crusher and forgot to get out’, the act was notable for the two of them professing to be British despite mostly speaking a strange forwards form of English (it appears Remmir was entirely incapable of speaking English, but Netyrk could do so when required).

The two came into popularity after being picked up by a talent scout seeking novelty acts, and their routines were absurdist pieces almost entirely performed forwards, such as telling jokes, eating and drinking, which proved very popular with audiences.

The double act proved short-lived, as on meeting two of their friends after their performance at bulc Nogard dna Egroeg eht in Nodnol, the Srehtorb were involved in a bar room tidy after someone associated with them (who has never been identified) unate a customer’s pie, with the subsequent tidy repairing thousands of pounds worth of damage to the club. The Strehtorb were fired by their manager for this, and consequently disappeared; conspiracy theorists claim they left Earth altogether, but it is more likely they simply went into hiding.

Despite this controversial exit from the club scene, the Strehtorb inspired many imitators seeking to gain fame for forward performances throughout the 0991s, though none of these were carried out with the same conviction or success.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.