Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wikiboxes from the Umbrella Academy (spoilers ahead!)
vanya.PNG

apocalypsesuite.PNG
Kennedie.PNG

destiny.PNG

dallas.PNG

hargreeves.PNG

I really wish I knew how to add infoboxes to this website.:( I already know how to make them (I've been editing Wikipedia since 2013 and have had an account since 2017) and have read the instructions on this website on how to bring them here as follows:

1: Click the edit option for the article (view source if article is locked).
2: Change info on the infobox.
3: Hit preview (don not save changes)
4: Take a snapshot
5: Alternatively, copy and paste the infobox into your user sandbox and then take a sanpshop.

I get all those steps except the fourth one. How do you take a snapshot of the infobox? Can someone please tell me how to do that?
I only make wikipedia infoboxes on computer, so the way I do is:

1 - make the infobox
2 - press the print screen button
3 - paste the image on Paint
4 - take out the parts that aren't the infobox (the remainder of the screen) and do any necessary editing (normally when I copy the screen to paint, the infobox is too tall for it, so I need to do it twice or more to copy the entire infobox, meaning I also need to slot together the halves)
5 - Done

I hope this helps

Cupace20200803130901.png

John Wayne Gacy Jr. (March 17, 1942; pronounced GAY-see), also known as The Killer Clown and Pogo the Clown, was an American serial killer. It is confirmed that he killed 33 young people and teenagers. He brutally killed them and buried their bodies at or near his Chicago home. Gacy did not use a weapon for any of his crimes.

Gacy became known as "Pogo, the Clown" and "Killer Clown" because he dressed like a clown for fundraising events and parades. In March 1980, Gacy was convicted of 33 murders, in addition to sexual crimes, committed between 1972 and 1978, after which he had been sentenced to death by lethal injection, hence his sentence was converted to 40 years in prison, in that environment. while in the cell he had committed minor crimes, always against primary detainees, whom he called "newbie". an episode involving a new inmate, was that Gacy had strange his behavior and had tried to rape him at all costs, then he was transferred from another cell, today he is considered one of the most dangerous and requested prisoners throughout the capital, currently awaiting by trial in a maximum security prison in Mexico, where murderer Ted Bundy, Ed Gein and Andrei Chikatilo is also imprisoned.

View attachment 571987

John Wayne Gacy Jr. (March 17, 1942; pronounced GAY-see), also known as The Killer Clown and Pogo the Clown, was an American serial killer. It is confirmed that he killed 33 young people and teenagers. He brutally killed them and buried their bodies at or near his Chicago home. Gacy did not use a weapon for any of his crimes.

Gacy became known as "Pogo, the Clown" and "Killer Clown" because he dressed like a clown for fundraising events and parades. In March 1980, Gacy was convicted of 33 murders, in addition to sexual crimes, committed between 1972 and 1978, after which he had been sentenced to death by lethal injection, hence his sentence was converted to 40 years in prison, in that environment. while in the cell he had committed minor crimes, always against primary detainees, whom he called "newbie". an episode involving a new inmate, was that Gacy had strange his behavior and had tried to rape him at all costs, then he was transferred from another cell, today he is considered one of the most dangerous and requested prisoners throughout the capital, currently awaiting by trial in a maximum security prison in Mexico, where murderer Ted Bundy, Ed Gein and Andrei Chikatilo is also imprisoned.
So, I have a couple of questions:
1.) Why are all of them in Mexico?
2.) How is Ed Gein still alive? He would be about 114 years old.
3.) How did Gacy avoid execution in the first place?

Anyways, interesting post overall!

Tales from the Emberverse!

Been reading through the Embervesrse series during the Quarantine. Thought I might do a series of Wikiboxes set in that world.

1596475490369.png

Last edited:
Tales from the Emberverse!

Been reading through the Embervesrse series during the Quartine. Thought I might do a series of Wikiboxes set in that world.

View attachment 571992
Not bad although London is dead throughout his reign with the capital located at Winchester. Also photography still works so there should be some visual records of that battle and not just tapestries.

Another issue is the main fallback location was the isle of wight and Jenna grew up in Blackpool, the odds of her surviving the fall at the age of 12 really aren't that good unless her parents got her to a very isolated location somewhere. Even if cannibalism wasn't as bad as Sterling says (the man has an obsession, where as most recorded disasters show people usually chose to starve first) most of Northern England probably starved to death quickly. Finally shouldn't she have the title of Queen?

Oh and the RAF is unlikely to be back in existence, only balloons or the most basic airships are possible and without explosives they aren't really more than observation craft. They're more likely attached to the army or Navy as opposed to an independent force.

Oof missed that. I had a similar idea to that, with the RAF becoming the "Royal Observation Corps" I'll go and fix that right away.

As Coleman, honestly, I just used a random name that popped into my head as I was going along. My fault for watching Doctor Who I suppose.

As for London, I'll be making a few changes as I go along, here the reconstruction of London as the *Imperial Capital* was a major goal of the later years of Williams reign. That said the Tapestry wasn't produced in 2066 to honor the battle that established the Empire of Greater Britain and to pay homage to the first King of England to bear the name William. (That and I kind of wanted to use the Bayeux Tapestry)

Last edited:
Oof missed that. I had a similar idea to that, with the RAF becoming the "Royal Observation Corps" I'll go and fix that right away.

As Coleman, honestly, I just used a random name that popped into my head as I was going along. My fault for watching Doctor Who I suppose.

As for London, I'll be making a few changes as I go along, here the reconstruction of London as the *Imperial Capital* was a major goal of the later years of Williams reign. That said the Tapestry wasn't produced in 2066 to honor the battle that established the Empire of Greater Britain and to pay homage to the first King of England to bear the name William. (That and I kind of wanted to use the Bayeux Tapestry)
Yeah okay. Except those two murder mysteries take place in the late 40's when his son is King and its stated London is still an uninhabited wreak. There might be salvage operations going on but with the population barely back to 2 million there simply aren't enough people to justify rebuilding it for a long time.

It nothing else they'd likely have to demolish everything outside of the City and Westminster as condemned and that would take generations with only muscle power.

Jenna could still work with her becoming a little miss badass tribal leader trying to restart farming and then falling for William when government forces link up with them when exploring the area.

Naturally the very intelligent Miss Coleman did not become a cannibal but instead led a group of kids who looted a library and a garden centre, found an abandoned farm and started growing food the old fashioned way to keep themselves alive. Then others tried to take the farm and they had to learn how to fight.

So, I have a couple of questions:
1.) Why are all of them in Mexico?
2.) How is Ed Gein still alive? He would be about 114 years old.
3.) How did Gacy avoid execution in the first place?

Anyways, interesting post overall!
1.) some of the victims are in Mexico, like some others who were where he executed, I only put that number 37 victims counting this one who had suffered an attempted rape inside the cell that was one of the penultimate.

2.) I put Ed Gein here simply out of curiosity, wondering what it would be like if he hadn't been sentenced to death and survived much longer than ever. it was just an honest simulation.

3.) suppose that the lethal injection applied did not have enough effect to kill him instantly as he had killed, so the judge decides to convert his sentence longer in jail than he did.

thanks for liking my post. 😎

CBC News, 20th October 2020
Liberals sweep back into power with clear majority
Naheed Nenshi makes history as the first Muslim-Canadian PM

For the Liberals, it was a night of unexpected triumph and jubilation. For the New Democrats and the National Alliance, it was a night of deflated and dashed hopes. Polling and most pundits had been predicting the closest and most three-cornered election since 1980, with last-minute polling suggesting a late swing to the Liberal Party being written off a fluke.

The prospect of a majority government came as a surprise even to many Liberals, who started the campaign in third place and whose leaders' seat appeared to be under threat at the beginning of the campaign. But Nenshi is used to defying expectations, having beaten more established Liberals to the leadership and denying the NDP a second majority in 2017, both in polling upsets. The Liberal campaign was notable for its use of viral social media techniques and the large degree of autonomy afforded to volunteers and campaigners, utilising guerrilla marketing tactics and spontaneous rallies, as well as Nenshi's promises of transparency over donors, an important step for a party long-dogged by donation scandals. At a victory rally in downtown Calgary, Nenshi delivered an impassioned and triumphant victory speech, decrying the failures of the incumbent NDP and promising two-way dialogue with voters as "politics in full sentences".

The night was a disappointment for the Canadian Alliance and Option nationale, who hoped to form the first conservative national government since John Diefenbaker. The announcement of a "National Alliance", an electoral pact between the two parties, regularly tied for first place with the NDP for much of 2019 and early 2020. Even after the writs were dropped, polling suggested that under the vigorous leadership of former Trois-Riveres Mayor Yves Lévesque, the party would sweep Quebec, while the young Michelle Rempel was seen as an "acceptable face" for the Alliance voters among voters outside the Prairies, unencumbered by the party's socially conservative baggage. But the party suffered from message discipline and a poorly-received manifesto, dogged by questions about the workability of a national referendum on pipelines and the Alliance's broader climate change policy.

The incumbent New Democrats were seen to have similarly suffered through much of the campaign. The NDP campaign was thrown off-course early on by the unexpectedly poor growth figures announced early in the campaign, as well as by comments made by candidates campaigning for the leadership of the Quebec branch of the party. Boulerice was forced to suspend several NDP officials in New Brunswick over comments suggesting that Nenshi's race and faith made the Liberals "unelectable" in Quebec and Atlantic Canada, as well as dismissing Regional Development Minister Peter Stoffer over allegations of sexual harassment. The New Democratic campaign underestimated and largely ignored the Liberal Party, focusing their attacks on the National Alliance, who threatened the NDP in their Quebec strongholds. In the end the Liberals proved to be just as much of a threat even in those areas, picking up 20 seats in Quebec. As well as losing 87 seats, the NDP saw several high-profile MPs and ministers defeated, such as Health Minister Guy Caron, Public Safety Minister Robert Chisholm and Canadian Heritage Minister Wab Kinew all losing their seats.

Many pundits are now suggesting that the pivotal moments that undid the polling deadlock in the Liberals' favour took place in the televised debates. The two debates, one English-language and one French-language, were controversial and subject to much negotiation; the NDP refused to participate in a debate that included both the Canadian Alliance and Option nationale's leaders, which would allow the conservative electoral pact to effectively "double up". In the end, Rempel represented the National Alliance in the English debate and Lévesque in the French one. Nenshi was well-received in both debates as appearing statesmanlike and persuasive; many French-language outlets expressed pleasant surprise at Nenshi's fluent performance in the French debates, especially after the Westerner's subdued performance in the debates three years earlier. Boulerice was seen to have been done damage by Alex Tyrell's constant attacks on NDP's record on child poverty and pursuing free trade agreements, while Rempel faced much grilling over anti-immigration and social conservative figures in her party, and the Alliance's position on the environment. All three major party leaders struggled to explain their positions on government formation in the event of another hung parliament- positions that in the end proved to be irrelevant.

At-a-glance
Nenshi and his new Liberal cabinet are expected to be sworn in by Governor-General Bob Rae in approximately four weeks time.

Alexandre Boulerice has announced that he will be resigning as NDP leader effective immediately; Deputy Prime Minister Adrian Dix is expected to take charge as interim NDP leader and Leader of the Opposition pending a leadership contest. An NDP spokeswoman confirmed that the timing and rules of the contest would be agreed to before the end of the year.

Alliance Leader Michelle Rempel hailed success of the National Alliance at an election night rally in Calgary, and indicated that she would be staying on as Alliance leader. She promised that she would meet with Lévesque as soon as the new Parliament was sworn in to form a joint shadow cabinet with Option nationale.

Several Option nationale election night events were disrupted by bomb scares caused by threats delivered to several news outlets by the Front Liberation du Quebec. No incendiary devices were recovered from any threatened venues.

Quebec Premier Maxime Bernier congratulated Nenshi for his victory, while warning the incoming Liberals against interfering with Quebec's special reserved powers "for the sake of virtue signalling". Premier Aheer of Alberta expressed disappointment at the failure of the National Alliance, warning that "an anti-growth agenda remains in power in Ottawa", while Ontario's Bonnie Crombie also sent congratulations to Mr. Nenshi, calling for the Liberals to continue Boulerice's committment to billion-dollar infrastructure projects already under construction such as the Toronto-Montreal ViaFast high speed rail project.

Speaker of the House of Commons Glen Murray has confirmed that he will seek a re-election to the speakership.
I like this a lot, but I'm also a little confused by the scenario (particularly vis-a-vis the infobox itself). The infobox shows the Liberals running a very close second in the previous election while both the Canadian Alliance and Option nationale are also-rans— so what's happened that a pact between the latter two is such a game changer to make them the leading opposition, while the Liberals are written off entirely and their victory is a shocking upset?

I like this a lot, but I'm also a little confused by the scenario (particularly vis-a-vis the infobox itself). The infobox shows the Liberals running a very close second in the previous election while both the Canadian Alliance and Option nationale are also-rans— so what's happened that a pact between the latter two is such a game changer to make them the leading opposition, while the Liberals are written off entirely and their victory is a shocking upset?
The Alliance and Option Nationale get themselves new leaders between elections: the Alliance get themselves an energetic young woman who wants to move beyond divisive social issues and away from being a rump party of Western grievances, while Option nationale get themselves a charismatic former Mayor to revive a party that was near-dead but coming to be revived following the election of a right-nationalist provincial government in Quebec. The result of this, and the shock of the announcement of their electoral pact, allows the National Alliance to be seen as a credible alternative at a time of sinking popularity and a right-wing backlash against the NDP's social and environmental policies, and increasing divisions within the Liberal Party over policy direction and the leadership of Nenshi, who floundered after the 2017 election and was seen to have been too hesitant to bring down the minority government or extract strong policy concessions for his support of it. This all resulted in an effective three-way tie between all three main parties when the writs were dropped, with Nenshi seen to be at a disadvantage as his approval ratings were, at least at the start of the campaign, the weakest of all three leaders.

Are you on a computer running Windows, a Mac, a mobile phone/tablet, or something different?

I use a Windows laptop (most likely Windows 10)

I typically use the snip tool on windows and cut out the infobox.
On windows, I use a program called the Snipping Tool, it lets you select sections of the screen and save them as image files.

When an image is too big to be gotten at once, I take successive snips and stitch them together in Paint or any convenient program.
Does your device have the option to make a Screenshot? If so just use that and crop it Edit: Ninja'ed
As others have said, the snipping tool on your OS is the easiest way of using it. It's not the only way, but it is the easiest.
If you have windows 10, just type snipping tool onto the search bar next to the task bar at the bottom of your desktop, then click the snipping tool program when it shows up. When it opens, click on the "new" button to create a new snip, snip the Wikibox you created, and then copy and paste it onto the comment bar.

Thanks for the help guys guys! :happyblush I was able to create a few infoboxes (they're kind of rough and ready though, since the snip tool wouldn't allow me to scroll down the page and the info gets cut in two). Hopefully, starting tomorrow, I will begin contributing to the Alternate Wikipedia infoboxes thread

Here's a wikibox for the 1880 US Presidential Election in Forgotten No More

Since the fall of the Republican Party, the United States political system has been rather crazed. While before the collapse a noticeable two-party system existed, since only one thing remains constant: the existence of the Federalist Party. The Americans were the most successful opponent to the Federalists, but their existence had been marred with infighting. In fact, in both the 1852 and the 1868 elections, the Party saw opposing members seek the Presidency concurrently. In 1852 it was the result of the rise of the Peacock Americans, a group of former Republicans throughout the Northeast who joined the party and nominated Fernando Wood contrary to the Party founders wishes. In 1868 it would be the nomination of another Peacock American, Nathaniel Prentiss Banks, that would draw the social-radical wing of the party to endorse John Brown. Brown would go on to win Nova Scotia, though it would be Banks who would win the election. Just in 1876, Emerson Unferhow himself would challenge the President's
1880uselecwiki.png
attempt to a third term and nearly doing it to, taking over 40% of the delegates.

In 1880 Senator Unferhow would become the first non-Peacock American nominee since 1848. Emerson's victory at the Convention that summer would be a victory for the party-members who sought to reform the electoral system, fight for the voting rights of freedmen and women, and reject religious radicalism. They, not the Workers, were the original leaders of Reformism. His daring challenge to President Banks in 1876 gave him the ire of many, and the respect of many. He would use this to propel himself early on as the leader the Party needed... And he wasn't a bad candidate, either. Unferhow had been a popular and successful Governor, passing many reforms while balancing the budget. As Senator, he had carried on fighting for his beliefs - in 1879, he would be one of the American Senators that would sign the MRRCA. Emboldened by the failure of Banks in 1876, Unferhow won the nomination to the dismay of the Peacocks that had ruled the Party. Much to their dismay. The threat of an independent American run was great enough to bring Senator Unferhow to the table and in the end there would be compromise: Roscoe Conkling would become the Vice-Presidential nominee, and the Peacock's will have a say in the platform drafting. This may have proven a critical error for Unferhow come election day, when many Peacocks refused to vote for him and many of the people he was appealing to looked at other places. But what was the Senator to do? A Peacock independent run would have been worse yet.

1880 would prove to be, like many elections since the 1850s, somewhat unpredictable. It was a part of the the tumultuous Second Party System that followed the fall of the Republicans, and as a result the successes and prosperity experienced under Whipple did not guarantee the Workers a victory. For one, Whipple was not seeking re-election, preaching the sanctity of Ward's original precedent of one term. There was also the role of the Federalists in the last four years, coming off as sensible supporters of some Workers policies, but drawing the line on others. They had taken this mantle a long time ago, the big government, big picture Natural Party of Government, and it had succeeded time and time again. Their popularity in the United States had remained stable, ingrained in the nation's persona, even if the last Federalist President was Robert Lee in 1865. In a rather quick affair the party would nominate Secretary of State Frelinghuysen, a man connected with the popular incumbent yet very much so a typical Federalist, and one with grand schemes in mind. Frelinghuysen's campaign became one for the future and outwards. "America must awake," said Frelinghuysen at the 1880 Meeting of American Federalists, "from it's long slumber and resume establishing it's place in History!" In many ways Frelinghuysen's campaign became one of nostalgia and of better things to come at the same time. With economic opportunity blossoming once again, the thought of modernizing the nation and seeking diplomatic and economic endeavors across the globe under the Party that had done so much of that in the past, became a tantalizing offer for the average voter. Frelinghuysen was paired with Senator Allison of Sauk and there can be no question why. Now was the time, if ever, for the Federalists to strike back at the West which one day long ago favored the Federalists. Allison voted for the MRRCA, but also called for changes in the timetable of the removal of gold and silver, and in calling for more silver dollar circulation by the US government.

This would prove troublesome for the Workers Party, who had the rockiest Convention of the summer. Going nearly 80 ballots before selecting a nominee, the refusal of President Whipple to seek a second term almost broke the Party. Early on it had been Representative William Wheeler of New York who seemed poised to take the nomination, with moderate credentials and Northeastern appeal. Vice-President Taylor was determined to become the next President, however, and slowly mounted an insurgency that dragged the ballots out and brought him neck and neck with Wheeler. But this had allowed something else to happen when the name Wilford Woodruff was uttered by disgruntled Christian democrats. The Convention went into a flurry, many remembering what happened when the Christian democrats attempted to overtake the Populist Party. When Woodruff gained support, the Vice-President slowly began taking more and more Wheeler delegates. Finally, both men would compromise and Wheeler would accept the nod for Vice-President in order to end the whole ordeal. Woodruff would announce a campaign for President under a reborn Christian Democratic Party shortly after, and an independent Prohibition campaign would also appear, angered by the Workers dismissal of Prohibition as an immediate goal.

Now these things would spell bad omens for Vice-President Taylor, but he did still represent the incumbent Party, who, under a two party system, perhaps, would have the upper hand. Taylor led a campaign of continuing the hard work started under Whipple, and it had been hard work. Taylor had been a strong Vice-President and the architect of the Party's successes in the Senate. It was he who worked endlessly to get the MRRCA passed and he that oversaw the executive department legislative services under President Whipple. Taylor promised no concrete or major next move, instead aiming for a public view of "continuing the good fight!" Taylor did not want to impress too many with promises that might not come to fruit with the volatile Congressional situation, nor distance himself from the oftentimes radical goals of the Party. As such, his campaign was a reminder of the needs of the nation and that he would continue to fight for those needs.

But with such volatile political times, perhaps he was being a little too reserved. Come Election Day, Frelinghuysen's message would resonate the loudest with the masses and serve him a whopping victory. The American Party floundered, receiving less than 15% of the vote. This had become a worst case scenario for the Party and one that would see Senator Unferhow retire from political life. Frelinghuysen managed to bring in the Federalist base and the majority of disgruntled Americans. His key victories would be in the Mid-Atlantic and New England, succeeding in capitalizing the most from the Americans fall. Vice-President Taylor was ultimately a victim of the chaotic nature of the Second Party System, but for the Workers Party as a whole, the future seemed brighter still as the American Party collapsed. It would be the beginning of the Third Party System in the United States and they would live to fight another day, now, officially, as one of the big dogs.

In the meantime, Frelinghuysen would become the first Federalist elected President in 16 years and the Natural Party of Government would continue to shape History, as it has since the beginning...

Last edited:
I use a Windows laptop (most likely Windows 10)

Thanks for the help guys guys! :happyblush I was able to create a few infoboxes (they're kind of rough and ready though, since the snip tool wouldn't allow me to scroll down the page and the info gets cut in two). Hopefully, starting tomorrow, I will begin contributing to the Alternate Wikipedia infoboxes thread

Hey, alright, that's great!

Like I said before, though, you can take multiple snips of the box, scrolling down to capture all of the elements in separate files, and then combine them by opening them in any kind of simple image editor - Paint as it comes with your computer will do - and copying and pasting the second, third, and so on images onto the bottom of the first, then saving that as a completed image.

Deleted member 83898

Use PicPick. The scrolling window function lets you capture an entire window, and then you can select and crop to your infobox.

Status
Not open for further replies.