Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably done before but I haven't seen it so I decided to make my own:
ludlow suit.png

ludlow vote.png

View attachment 586457
- Mary I (the SI), marrying Gregory Cromwell for love and ending up returning to her father's graces following Anne Boleyn's death in 1536 due to an well timed shoulder to cry on. Later on becoming regent for Henry XI due to his age when their father dies

I think you have an issue with your Roman numerals: XI = eleven, not nine. (Twice in the graphic, once in the text.)

Page 278 on Infoboxes IV, sorry.

Alright, let me quote it properly (because you can quote closed threads...if you're tricky enough).

Its not 'current politics' if its a dumb send up of an old TV series, right?...right?

Tonight, on a very special episode...

"...so it does appear, folks, that the two top contenders for the Democratic nomination are...*ahem*, both clones, it seems, of John F. Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln...is...is this for real?"
- Wolf Blitzer, CNN

*screams about the government and fish people until red in the face, rips shirt in multiple areas, shoves papers off desk*
- Alex Jones, Info Wars

"Are you kidding? 'My party' bring out the pitch-forks and torches if someone mentions stem cells. I don't think they're gonna take a clone made by a secret government facility very well...no, I think I'm just gonna...you know, play the field...heh."
- candidate Abraham Lincoln on running for the Democratic Nomination

"I, er ah, have been told that, ah, due to my past history of womanising I would be unfit for the job! Thats absurd! My clonefather ran this joint better than anybody, and I'm pretty much him, so, er ah, I should do just fine! And so what about my, ah, fraternization with the opposite gender?! Don't hate the playa, hate the game!"
- candidate John Kennedy during campaign rally

"...with his name recognition appealing to older voters, his parentage appealing to LGBT groups, and his rude 'tude appealing to frustrated teenagers all-over, it looks like JFK's clone is set to make big gains in this week's caucuses..."
- Jane Pauley, CBS News Sunday Morning

"-- paid for by X-Stream Blue, do the blue --"
- end tag from Lincoln2016 Super Tuesday ad

"No, it's fine, dude, really, it's fiiinnne. I mean, I was cloned here, so really I was, you know, technically born here. Besides, why are we even debating this?! He'd do a great job as president! His clonefather emancipated the slaves, and my clonefather helped stop hindus and muslims fighting in India! He fixed everything up there, never been better [...] they did what now?"
- Vice Presidential candidate Mahatma Gandhi (clone) on his eligibility

"Sorry doll, I, ah, don't go for girls with pixie cuts!"
- candidate Kennedy to Rachel Maddow after being asked about fiscal policy

LXF31es.png

I might one day for my DC History thing. Obviously it'd be a bit different, but still.

That's nice to hear, Nofix! :)

I figured that it'd be different considering the original Joker (Jack Napier) died in March of 1942 after accidently stabbing himself with a knife according to your DC Comics in Real Time infobox series (great infobox series by the wayo_O;)). The Joker from well, Joker was named Arthur Fleck and the movie took place in 1981.

You did mention that on your Jack Napier/Joker infobox post that:

Several criminals in Gotham have appropriate the names Red Hood and Joker for their own benefits, ranging from petty thieves, public nuisances, bank robbers, crime bosses, and serial killers. Some have used the Joker as an image representing anarchy and nihilism, positively or negatively.

I guess there's more than one Joker, after all. Either way, I'm excided for your next post in your series whenever it will be.

Camelot Dodges a Bullet
4KB4zi9.png
John Fitzgerald Kennedy was the 35th President of the United States during January 20 1961 through January 20 1969. On November 22 1963 while campaigning for re-election shots rang out in Dallas Texas hitting Governor John Connolly and Kennedy, the president was hit in the shoulder before exiting and hitting Connolly in the thigh and lodging in his leg. Another shot rang out but missed, Kennedy would enter Parkland Memorial Hospital and be treated before delivering a speech a day later before winning re-election in 1964. Kennedy would see the launch of the Apollo missions and would have the first man on the moon in 1969 (although he was not the sitting President at the time), Kennedy would pass away in 2007 due to complications of his Addison's disease. Many would come to mourn the former President and many would attend his funeral including many other former Presidents and many members of the Kennedy family.

8Ni96Q3.png
Lee Harvey Oswald had previously failed to assassinate General Edwin Walker in March of 1963, now he had failed to assassinate the President of the United States. Oswald would flee the scene of the crime and would take a cab back to his boarding house where he would change clothes and grab a pistol before leaving, he would be stopped by Dallas police officer J.D. Tippit before killing him and fleeing the scene. Oswald would be captured in a movie theater and would be arrested after attempting to fire the gun again before striking a police officer. Oswald would be tried and was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Tippit and the attempted murder of President Kennedy, Oswald would spend the rest of his life in prison boasting about the assassination attempt on John F. Kennedy and in 1976 would write an autobiography entitled "The Man Who Nearly Killed President Kennedy: The Lee Oswald Story" . The book sold well but would need a second revision due to Oswald's sloppy hand writing and poor literary, in 1983 Oswald would be interviewed by CNN and would explain his reasoning for attempting to kill Kennedy and the murder of Officer Tippit. Oswald would go on to rant about communism before being cut off, he would be interviewed for a JFK documentary in 1987 and a documentary about him in 1994. Oswald would die of a heart attack in 1996 while in his cell, few came to his funeral and few would mourn him.
While I don't think him living that long is plausible(Addison's Disease was just one of his many troubling ailments), I do agree with you that Nixon would still become president in this timeline

I'm on a roll tonight guys! Tonight, I just created two more infoboxes for my animal infobox series. They are two similarly named creatures called the Hugag and the Hudag. Both will be added to the thread tomorrow!

Wikibending:
Seige of Ba Sing Se
The Five Wisdoms
Bumi
Metalbending
Hundred Year War
The Floral Crisis
The Clash of the Comet
Southern Water Tribe Constitutional Convention

pyfArxx.jpg

Princess Azula of the Fire Nation was the second child and only daughter of Fire Lord Ozai. Despite being quite young, she was a key figure in the later half of her father’s reign.

Azula was born in 85 AG, daughter of the then Prince Ozai and his wife Ursa. She was, from the moment her studies began, considered a Fire Bending prodigy, far more so than her older brother Zuko.

Upon her father’s ascension to the throne, Azula became a Princess, but also had to grapple with the sudden exile of her mother, Ursa. She continued her firebending studies, being a rare natural producer of blue flame. It is known she was close to future Fire Lady Mai of the Sei’Naka Clan as well as a woman identified only as Ty Lee.

With her brother’s mutilation and banishment in 97, Azula became heir apparent to her father. She accordingly received a greater role in Fire Nation propaganda, being portrayed as an enforcer of Ozai’s will. Considering Ozai’s already dark reputation, this is a disturbing prospect indeed. However many scholars consider this no more than propaganda, and believe this was just Ozai setting up Azula’s uncontested succession.

In 100 Azula was dispatched to capture her brother and uncle Iroh, accused of treason. When this failed she was placed in charge of the ongoing Fire Nation efforts to capture the Avatar. This was, after Aang had publicly returned, less of a wild redherringgoose chase then it had been before. But it was still not a command of any combat troops, nor an administrative role. Clearly, while he trusted her bending ability, Ozai did not want his daughter in a position of actual command.

Azula’s movements during this period are as scattered as the Avatar she pursued. Various writings confirm she had a few confrontations with her brother as well. Eventually, however, she caught on to her lack of real power, and resolved to do something about it.

She usurped control of the Drill attack on Ba Sing Se from War Minister Qin, but saw her efforts defeated by Avatar Aang. However she would not be denied for long. Disguising herself and some close allies she snuck into the city. She managed to strike up an alliance with Long Feng of the Dai Li. Long Feng was disturbed by the Earth King’s desire to resume an active role in the war. He struck a deal with Azula, granting her control of the Dai Li while he remained imprisoned. His understanding of the deal was that Ba Sing Se would become an independent country, loosely affiliated with the Fire Nation when all was said and done.

Azula acted quickly, taking control of the city with ruthless force. Although no one has ever provided details, she seems to have severely injured Aang, removing a major obstacle to her power. She gained the support of her brother Zuko as well, ending his long exile, although only temporarily. She double crossed Long Feng and took direct control of Ba Sing Se for the Fire Nation.

Her months in Ba Sing Se were likely the high point of Azula’s life. She ruled unopposed, with little oversight from her father or anyone else. She had done what her Uncle (whom she incidentally captured along with Ba Sing Se) could not and brought the Earth Kingdom to near total defeat.

However her father, always paranoid, could not allow another, even a daughter, to hold such power. He recalled her and her brother from the Earth Kingdom and sent a more pliable man to rule on her stead. This likely delayed the massive uprising seen on the Day of the Comet by several months, as Azula’s rule had been unbearably harsh. Back home, Ozai further cut into her esteem by restoring Zuko as hier.

At this point, Azula seems to have gone into a long stage of increasing mental illness. Psychobiographers remain unsure on the cause. Some of it may have been the inherent trauma of doing what she had done at age 14, some of it may have been inherited instability from her father’s line. Certainly further betrayals, Zuko joining the Avatar for good and then the admittedly murky circumstances that led to the imprisonment of future Fire Lady Mai, did not help Azula’s mental health.

By the Day of the Comet Azula was deep into the throes of paranoia, even speaking against her father on occasion. He nonetheless promoted her to Fire Lord as part of his own accession to the “rank” of Phoenix King, although it is not clear how much power he intended her to wield in the event of victory.

In any event, she was defeated before she could be crowned by Zuko, a setback that triggered a full mental breakdown. Incoherent at this stage, she was transferred to a mental asylum in the Fire Nation highlands, and subject to regular chi blocking to restrict her bending.

The return of her mother Ursa to the Fire Nation in the 110s seems to have helped trigger a rebound in Azula’s mental health. In 123 she was released from the mental hospital and given space at the Royal Household. However she remained under heavy guard, as extremists tended to back her claim to the throne with Ozai stripped of his bending. This scrutiny, combined with disagreements with members of both Zuko and the Avatar’s inner circles, triggered a relapse and in 129 she was readmitted to the asylum.

Her stay was shorter the second time and she was rereleased in 133. This time she was given her own estate on the small island of Sofina. While still observed, there was a less restrictive environment and she remained there for the rest of her life, save occasional visits to the Capital. In 164 her mental health again took a turn for the worse, although this time it was a byproduct of her failing physical health. In 165 she passed away aged 80.

Azula is remembered as a great “what-if” by Fire Nation nationalists disappointed by Zuko’s reign. More mainstream histories paint her as Ozai’s somewhat less competent sidekick, although many contemporaries viewed her with equal fear. Residents of Sofinia remember her as their slightly odd and temperamental lady, but seemed to find her more a curiosity than a threat.

I'm really enjoying these Avatar infoboxes so far, King of the Uzbeks!

I swear though, I remember seeing a Zuko infobox on one of the old Wikipedia infobox threads a while back but I can't find it now! If anyone knows where it is, can some one link it to me assuming the photo didn't get deleted?

VotF.png

The Legend of Zelda: Valley of the Flood is a 2017 action-adventure game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch and Wii U consoles. Valley of the Flood is set in between Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker; over a hundred years after Ganon was sealed in the Dark Realm and Link time-traveling back to his childhood, a cult dedicated to Ganon emerges in a steampunk Hyrule trying to bring him back, the player controls a well-intentioned yet delusional young man that takes the persona of the hero of time in order to prevent Ganon's return.

Similar to the original Legend of Zelda (1986), players are given little instruction and can explore the open world freely. Tasks include collecting multipurpose items to aid in objectives or solving puzzles and side quests for rewards. The world is unstructured and designed to reward experimentation, and the story can be completed in a nonlinear fashion with multiple narrative paths.

Development of Valley of the Flood lasted eleven years. Wanting to reinvent the series, Nintendo introduced elements such as a detailed physics engine, high-definition visuals, and voice acting. It was initally developed by Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development, a development divison of series publisher Nintendo. They were assisted in development by the Kyoto branch of Monolith Soft, known for the Xenosaga series and later Xenoblade Chronicles. Development on the game began shortly after the release of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, though initally it showed off as a tech demo at E3 2007, called Project Deluge, it featured a steampunk castletown with a massive nearby castle. The demo showed off an advanced physics engine and advanced lighting running on Wii hardware. In April 2008, a new Zelda game was hinted when Aonuma stated that the Zelda development team were reforming to created new games. Later at E3 2008, Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed that a new Zelda game was in development for the Wii. The game was unveiled at E3 2009 under the working title 'Zelda Wii' and was planned for a 2010 release. The game would eventually suffer numerous delays; due to hardware difficulties on Wii hardware resulting in the game being moved to the WiiU, and Nintendo EAD leaving development, resulting in development being halted as well as speculation that the game would receive cancellation.

The game was reintroduced at E3 2014. With Eiji Aonuma stating that game, now being developed by Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development, was being heavily reworked on, such as its open world and player choice gameplay, as they took influence from the development of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Deus Ex. Nintendo also announced that the game would be released in 2015 as a WiiU exclusive, but was delayed twice due to problems with the physhics engine. Valley of the Flood would later be a launch title for the Switch and the final Nintendo-published game for the WiiU.

Valley of the Flood received widespread acclaim for its open-ended gameplay, music, attention to detail, and complex story, as well as being called one of the greatest video games of all time. It has also been recogized for its dark themes, undertones and artstyle. Critics called it a landmark in open-world design, despite criticism for its technological performance at launch. It won numerous awards, including several game of the year honors. By 2019, Valley of the Flood has sold over 18.23 million copies worldwide, making it the best selling Zelda Game. An Untitled Sequel was announced at E3 2019, with the game serving as both a direct sequel to Valley of the Flood and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.