Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think yours is fine seeing as the POD is far enough back. I think the general rule of thumb is don't post anything set during or after the last election of whatever country, organisation, or whatever they currently involved in

The rule exists because a lot of current politics is very charged for people and the mods do not want to deal with every other thread devolving into shouting, flaming and the like or mass kickings. There's enough of that in Chat and occasionally in other threads
In all fairness I don’t ever actually see that much fighting in the Current Politics Wikibox thread, but I get the argument that it isn’t really actually alternate ‘history’ when the POD is 2016.

View attachment 580856
Some cheap barely realistic scenario I made in half an hour because I was bored. Here, the Civic Party only ran in safe states and RCV states (so to avoid splitting the vote), and only won Maine's first congressional district (though benefited from faithless electors). It also came 2nd place in California, nearly making it a three-way tossup. The map might come one day, if I somewhat care again about this in the future.
I think you ought to move this post to the Current Politics thread.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
MOD EDIT/SNIP
Some cheap barely realistic scenario I made in half an hour because I was bored. Here, the Civic Party only ran in safe states and RCV states (so to avoid splitting the vote), and only won Maine's first congressional district (though benefited from faithless electors). It also came 2nd place in California, nearly making it a three-way tossup. The map might come one day, if I somewhat care again about this in the future.
Well, I guess it comes down to fate.

Somebody has to be the example.

The thread LITERALLY has "no current politics" in the title. So, what do we have in this post? SIX currently active political figures.

Kicked for a week.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Folks here seem to have wanted to see how far they could push the "no current politics" rule, Now you know. Y'all have run out of space.

Not even going to bother with reminders going forward. Y'all are ON NOTICE

Enough kicks and the thread get locked once and for all.

Up to the folks who post he what happens going forward.

Folks here seem to have wanted to see how far they could push the "no current politics" rule, Now you know. Y'all have run out of space.

Most of us don't cause trouble, be it putting up current politics or breaking other site rules. I think it's fair to punish the offenders when they break the rules, but not the massive amount of people who have been keeping this thing alive for 6 consecutive threads (almost a decade's worth of posts) for no fault of our own.

Most of the people who post in this thread do not break the rule, and most of the time when people see current politics, they quickly point out to the poster that they should move their post to the other thread, which is exactly what happened with this most recent incident. To take such a measure would be rather draconian, especially considering that the offenders are usually new users or users who have not posted in the thread before.

Last edited:
Great Argive War.png
The Great Argive War was the first spark in the collapse of the Neo-Makedonian Empire and transition of Near Eastern hegemony from Makedon to the newly ascendant Armenians. Though Armenia did not partake in the conflict, the weakening of Neo-Makedonian authority in the cities of Sub-Taurid Cappadocia allowed for Armenia to establish themselves as the premier powerhouse along the Orontes River.

The Neo-Makedonian Empire, which had emerged only two hundred years prior after the decline of the Odryssian Kingdom, who had in turn usurped control of Greater Hellas from the Middle Makedonian Empire, faced one of its largest revolts against its rule in the form of Argos overthrowing the hated tyrant Herakleios. Echoing the choices made by the first Old Makedonian ruler Alexandros Megas in his first major war against Thebes, Basileus Philip XII sought to quickly crush the revolt and make and example of the rebellious citizens for the rest of Hellas and his empire to see. However, the ironically disunited efforts of the Isthmian United Popular Liberation Movement stalled his advance, bogging the Neo-Makedonian armies down into a fruitless slog in Attica and Megaris until the Hexamilion Wall was refurbished by Argive defenders. With the ingenious inventions of Bionicles of Argos, forever known as the Heir of Talos for his legion of automaton soldiers under his call, the Hexamilion resisted continued efforts by the Neo-Makedonians to breach it. Efforts to circumvent the wall were blocked by the naval mastery of Nikolaos the Lesser of Rhodes, despite the naval prowess of the cities of the Ephesus, Samos, Miletus, and Syracuse. Philip's nickname of the Bull of Makedon emerged during this time, as he consistently refused to outflank the Hexamilion, preferring to show Neo-Makedonian supremacy by barreling through each and every obstacle.

What eventually turned the tide was the efforts of Queen Zira of Nubia, who toppled the 37th Dynasty of Egypt, founded the 38th, bought the entire Lydian and Propontine fleet for an immense sum, razed Knossos to the ground, sent Nikolaos the Lesser to Hades, and burned the port of Argos to cinders all the while Philip continued to bash against the Hexamilion. Making common cause with High Matriarch Xenia of Thebes, Zira shuttled the Theban Sacred Band into Corinth, which had thus far tenuously kept its neutrality, and siezed the city for Philip, thereby unhinging the entire Hexamilion defensive system. In one last desperate attempt to save Argos, Epikrates Goldentongue, the High Archon of Argos, tried to convince Zira and Xenia to desert Philip and join with him, only to find himself seized and brought before Philip, who ordered that Epikrates be made to drink molten gold so that his tongue would truly be golden.

The Concordat of Sparta of 1267 ADA brought an end to the bloodshed at last. While the negotiations were ongoing, Xenia and Zira allowed for Thersandros of Megara, one of the last surviving Megaran leaders, to assassinate Philip while he was praying in the Temple of Zeus (Thersandros was then almost immediately killed by a freak lightning bolt), leading to Philip's young son Alexandros VXXI to become the next Neo-Makedonian ruler. Megara, completely in ruins after the five year long siege, was placed under direct control of the Neo-Makedonians out of confusion of what to do with it. The Sixth Hellenic League was also formalized, reviving the concept after a four hundred year gap, with all the Hellenic cities in Hellas (bar Boeotia) falling under the overlordship of Neo-Makedonia, though in practice such overlordship typically fell to the newly reinvigorated Sparta. Though Neo-Makedonia survived this challenge, it was a thoroughly Cadmean victory, as the tyrant Herakleios died within days of resuming his rule over Argos, legend has it to an Egyptian asp smuggled inside his palace in a Boeotian rug.

[Let's get back on track! Thank you to The Life of Brian and Lego for making this wikibox possible, plus the examples of Assyria, Babylon, and all those other Old/Middle/Neo empires of antiquity.]

I'm unlikely to make this as an actual wikibox, but the idea of a wikibox with Idi Amin as the actual King of Scotland amuses me greatly.

uHIcgmE.png

Super Smash Bros. Tussle!, known in Japan as Dairantō Smash Brothers Portable, is the fourth game in the Super Smash Bros. series of cross-over fighting games. First released in Japan on December 15, 2010, almost three years after Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Tussle! was later released to North America, Australia, and Europe over the course of 2011. It the seventh highest selling DS games of all time, selling over 15.11 million copies by August of 2016.

Tussle! featured a more extensive event system compared to Brawl, with 100 single event matches (and another 150 available to download over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection) and 50 coop event matches (with another 25 available to download). Tussle! introduced on-line questing, where players could connect to other games and play coop matches together.

Due to the hardware limitations of the DS, no attempts to replicate the Subspace Emissary from Super Smash Bros. Brawl were made. Instead, Super Smash Bros. Tussle featured a revamped Adventure and Classic Modes, originally debuting in Super Smash Bros. Melee. This version increased the amount of stages you would play in those modes the higher your difficulty setting is, and included many secrets to find in them. The game also introduced a 6th difficulty setting, Ridiculous (Ultra Intense in Japanese), which could only be unlocked by beating a game mode in the five previous difficulties.

Super Smash Bros. Tussle! has a similar roster to Brawl, however it did not include the third party character Snake. Instead, the game included Dixie Kong (from the Donkey Kong series), Prince Fluff (from Kirby's Epic Yawn), and Mega Man. Despite fan complaints, characters like Mewtwo and Dr. Mario did not return.

Reviews for Super Smash Bros. Tussle! were positive, with a rating of 80% or higher on most video gaming sites. The game was praised for its large and diverse character roster, its improvements to game mechanics compared to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and its variety of multiplayer options. Some criticisms include a lack of single player mode like the Subspace Emissary, and the inability to crossplay between the Wii version and the DS version.

Nofix's Video Game Wikiboxes:
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (SNES)
Chrono Break (PS2)
Metroid 64 (N64)
Metroid Dread (DS)
Gorochu (Pokemon Red and Green, GB)
---​
Fun fact, I actually had most of this write-up done in March of 2017, plus the picture (from here I believe, by Yoshistar) possibly as long. As for why I didn't make this box before? I dunno, I got lazy, I didn't want to finish it up. This was one of two pictures I had for a box from a while back, and now I have one left.

Hint, it's not Metroid.

Last edited:
Super Smash Bros. Tussle! has a similar roster to Brawl, however it did not include the third party characters Sonic or Snake.
That boxart is really misleading then… ;)

Cool idea, I like the changes you made to adjust for the realities of a handheld device, from scrapping SSE to having a more robust single-player experience overall.

Deleted member 87099

At a certain point you've got to ask whether the hardline on current politics is doing more to help or hurt the site.

That boxart is really misleading then… ;)

Cool idea, I like the changes you made to adjust for the realities of a handheld device, from scrapping SSE to having a more robust single-player experience overall.

Sometimes I just don't think. At all.

(In other words, fixed.)

Current politics wikiboxes are pretty niche.

If they weren't, the thread dedicated to them would have much more traffic. Many people don't even know it exists.

If 9/11 Didn't happen or was averted/If the World Trade Center wasn't targeted/If the World Trade Center avoided destruction
ALTWTC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.