Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to @AllThePresidentsMen for the template

778 United Republics presidential election

From Libraria, the free encyclopedia

View attachment 802934
The 778 United Republics presidential election was the 24th quadrennial presidential election, held on Wedenesay, Augustusi 22, 778. incumbent Republican Democracy President Andreas Schimmel defeated Unitarian candidate and former Speaker of the Chamber and Vice-President Arnald Blumhouse. The main issue was the expansion of magi-slavery as facilitated by the Blumhouse-Pretecher Law of 775.

Blumhouse defeated former President Fronklin Freemount at the 778 Unitarian National Convention for the nomination. Freemount had become widely unpopular in the North because of his support for the anti-magi-slavery faction in the ongoing civil war in territorial Oolagoska, and Blumhouse had courted the pro-magi-slavery faction during the divisive debates over the Blumhouse-Pretecher Law (for which Blumhouse himself had been a co-sponsor of).

Magi-slavery was the main issue, and with it the question of survival of the United Republics as it then existed. The Unitarians were seen as the pro-magi-slavery party (despite a minority faction, lead by Freemount of anti-magi-slavery candidates); the Republican Democracy party, though hostile to magi-slavery, limited its efforts to the politically more manageable question of the extension of slavery into federal territories and colonies (and its removal from the District of Callington). The ultra-nationalist See Alls (known formally as the Tyronian First Party) competed with the Unitarianists to replace the moribund Holler Party as the primary opposition to the Republican Democracts. They emphasized opposition to a majority of immigrants as well as Bryestik military incursions in the Istotian region of Culdunia.

The 778 Republican Democracy National Convention nominated a ticket led by incumbent President Schimmel, a former explorer and naval officer who had served as a foreign volunteer during the Revolution of the Roses in Fribiale. The See Alls, who ignored magi-slavery and instead emphasized anti-Bryestik, anti-Elevian, anti-Fribiale and anti-Cenatuarian policies, endorsed the Republican Democrats to spite the Unitarianists. Domestic political turmoil was a major factor in the nominations of both Schimmel and Blumhouse, who appealed in part because of their time abroad, and the fact that they did take strong positions on the divisive questions related to magi-slavery.

The Unitarianists supported expansionist magi-slave-holding policies generally of varying intensities. Northern Unitarianists fervently pushed for it's expansion. Some wanted to obtain Cordobia and it's sister states as slave territory, as espoused by the Untermemel Manifesto. Southern Unitarianists called for "people's majority", which in theory would allow the residents in a federal colony or territory to decide for themselves the legal status of magi-slavery. In practice, in the Oolagoska Territory, it produced a state-level civil war, later known as Bloody Oolagoska. Schimmel opposed the expansion of slavery. Blumhouse called that position "extremist", warning that a Republican Democratic victory would lead to disunion and "magical domination", a then constant issue of political debate which had already been long discussed. The See Alls, despite endorsing Schimmel for the national election, attempted to present themselves as the one party capable of bridging the sectional divides in local and municipal elections. Both major parties found support in the South, but the Republican Democrats had virtually no backing in the North.

Schimmel won a majority of the popular vote and a majority of the electoral vote, taking all but three magi-slave states and nine free states. Blumhouse won a majority of states, most of which were Northern, magi-slavery states, and finished with a diminished 48 percent in the nationwide popular vote. The See Alls soon collapsed as a national party, as most of its anti-slavery members joined the Republican Democracy Party after the 779 murder of abolitionist poet Edisson Colbalt at the prestigious Iron Mountain River Military Academy.

(Hey all! This is an idea I had based on a D&D setting I'm working on, it's in it's very early stages, and yes, the event at the end is, in fact, the kick start of my game in question, enjoy!)
I take it the campaign is set in a fantasy version of America?

Sweet. Was it a republic that was annexed into the UR? Or was it acquired some other way?
Sort of, see, the UR was, much like a bunch of other Texases that united to fight against both the BU and Fribiale in the version of the Revolutionary War (called the Independence Struggle in the UR). As they expanded west, they established federal territories, which basically were, for a time, republics themselves, Missiskoka was one of these territories, eventually turned into a state. Fun Fact: Schimmel is the second President to be from the state, the first being Glengari Crockerry (Davy Crockett mixed with John C. Calhoun).

Rewatched the 2007 Transformers movie
Screenshot 2023-01-15 000249.png

It has come to my attention that Wikipedia have removed the "leader_since" parameter from election wikiboxes, which means the option no longer works at all. I am very irritated by this but there is nothing that can be done from what I can tell. The editors have claimed it clutters wikiboxes and breaks rules.
Fucking hell, they've removed leaders_seat now as well, with consensus. Perhaps it's because of my lack of sleep but I'm fucking furious.

The Norfolk Island as a Dependency of New Zealand

At the referendum held in the Norfolk Island on the future of the status of the Pacific island in October 2019, her constituents voted to join The Realm of New Zealand. Following the transfer of the territory on 1st January 2020, the nation's self-governance was confirmed by Wellington in February by way of the Norfolk Island Act 2020. After general elections held in early March, the Norfolk Island Legislative Assembly and the territorial government were reinstated on 1st April.

NF.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.