Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of fun for Christmas:
View attachment 797999
The 2022 North Pole Reindeer strikes are a series of ongoing industrial disputes in the Kingdom of the North Pole between Santa Claus Inc and the various Trade Unions representing the Reindeer employed by the company to power its delivery sleigh's. The dispute began in early summer 2022 when a demand for a 7% pay rise (in line with local inflation) was rejected by SC Inc. Although attempts were made to mediate the dispute throughout the summer in late August talks between Union leader Rudolf the Red nose reindeer and SC Inc broke down completely. A strike ballot was announced and resulted in a 77% vote to take industrial action. The first one day stoppage occurred on the 21st of September...

Trouble up North it seems. I'd go into more detail but it would end up taking to much from the current industral relations problems here in the UK and have to go in the polchat version.
How come I can actually see rankin bass animating this

More about a president losing the popular vote twice in one of the most turbulent decades in American history.

Nixon also tiptoed around Civil Rights a great deal. I doubt he would've pushed for it as much as Kennedy did otl. He also had deep ties to the FBI and CIA. Imagine how this guy that never won a mandate from the masses would look when MLK got shot.
Oh, now I notice that, I guess I'm a big dumb dumb but idk

How come I can actually see rankin bass animating this
Shame you don't get Christmas animated specials anymore. Or at least good animated specials. I kind of think Rudolf works in the role of union leader though. In spite of his past he's successful but other than that one time he's not one of the "elite" like the canonical eight who usually pull Santa's own sleigh. As such he's middle management and a bit closer to the little guys who pull the other sleighs (there are dozens out every Christmas eve) than the big boys who work for Santa directly. Needless to say SC inc is having a bad Christmas, not helped by Santa refusing to accept the millions of requests to actually get coal for Christmas due to a certain current crisis.

From A Divided Shores:
KiMwU0a.png

So I'd assume from this that Humphrey pushed the Democratic mainstream very far to the left, and Agnew tainted the conservative movement?
Well Humphrey doesn't do that much in his first term. You're bang on for the second point though.

HHH comes back in '76, but passes away in '78. The GOP has some dominance in the '80s, but it's much more Rockefeller Republican than Reagan.

Oh, and Bernie was NYC Mayor when the '93 WTC attacks happen (IRL averted; ITTL not so much).

Last edited:
Well Humphrey doesn't do that much in his first term. You're bang on for the second point though.

HHH comes back in '76, but passes away in '78. The GOP has some dominance in the '80s, but it's much more Rockefeller Republican than Reagan.

Oh, and Bernie was NYC Mayor when the '93 WTC attacks happen (IRL averted; ITTL not so much).
Hold on. Trump can't be Bernie's VP if Bernie still lives in New York, since at the time they would've been both registered in New York, sure its not illegal, but it is also the case that any presidential ticket where both candidates are from the same state are not allowed to recieve any electoral votes from that state

Very interesting. Love the pics and color choice for parties.

How bad were the attacks?

Nixon also tiptoed around Civil Rights a great deal. I doubt he would've pushed for it as much as Kennedy did otl.

Nixon was very determined to get the Civil Rights act passed in the 1950s. THe Civil Rights Act of 1957 was Nixon's creature, the problem was it was watered down so much because Eisenhower and the other Republicans at the time didn't think they needed to go as realistically far as Nixon wanted - one of the reasons that contributed to Nixon being really embittered and paranoid.

Granted, Martin Luther King always questioned Nixon's sincerity over Civil Rights, (and his political necessity) but Kennedy is not that much better, tbh.

Last edited:
Bit of fun for Christmas:
View attachment 797999
The 2022 North Pole Reindeer strikes are a series of ongoing industrial disputes in the Kingdom of the North Pole between Santa Claus Inc and the various Trade Unions representing the Reindeer employed by the company to power its delivery sleigh's. The dispute began in early summer 2022 when a demand for a 7% pay rise (in line with local inflation) was rejected by SC Inc. Although attempts were made to mediate the dispute throughout the summer in late August talks between Union leader Rudolf the Red nose reindeer and SC Inc broke down completely. A strike ballot was announced and resulted in a 77% vote to take industrial action. The first one day stoppage occurred on the 21st of September...

Trouble up North it seems. I'd go into more detail but it would end up taking to much from the current industral relations problems here in the UK and have to go in the polchat version.

Obviously St. Nick dealt with this by bringing in Strike Brakers Christmas Pinkertons

Last edited:
Very interesting. Love the pics and color choice for parties.
Thanks! I try my best to not blind everyone.

FYI: Dornan was Romney's VP (Romney himself a draft candidate at a convention). You can imagine how that went.

How bad were the attacks?
Since the bomb was under the North Tower I'll say that it was severely damanged and was forced to be deconstructed after being deemed structurally compromised.

Death toll is around 1/3rd, but casualties are only reduced by 50% or so.

Hold on. Trump can't be Bernie's VP if Bernie still lives in New York, since at the time they would've been both registered in New York, sure its not illegal, but it is also the case that any presidential ticket where both candidates are from the same state are not allowed to recieve any electoral votes from that state
Trump sets up shop in Mar-a-Lago.

Alternatively, this Trump went to war in Vietnam and ended up a progressive Wesley Clark (while also moving to another state - Colorado?)

So, I'm trying to do my own wikibox and wondering, how do I add a picture to Wikipedia's sandbox? I've tried it and it's asking me to claim that it's my own picture with ownership of copyright without letting me preview it. Is there anyway around this?

So, I'm trying to do my own wikibox and wondering, how do I add a picture to Wikipedia's sandbox? I've tried it and it's asking me to claim that it's my own picture with ownership of copyright without letting me preview it. Is there anyway around this?
Use paint.net to add the picture in, or you could an alternative such as Miraheze but the only the wiki which does infoboxes the same way is the Mock Elections Wiki and that is down rn (its all long story)

World Warrior.png

Quick idea on the Street Fighter universe, might do a write up for this one at some point. And I've just realised some of the errors, yes.

1rv28yy.png

The Order of Saint Nicholas is a minor Catholic Religious Order. It follows the Rule of Saint Nicholas, a monastic rule that was allegedly written by Saint Nicholas of Myra. The Rule of Saint Nicholas lays out the way that monks are supposed to perform their duties. It says that monks under the rule of an abbot are to spend their time praying, crafting, and giving charity to the poor (including the giving of gifts made by the monks). The abbey's themselves are called workshops.

While the monks were originally founded in the Abbey of Saint Mary in Myra, they were soon adrift. Eventually they would take up residency in Alaska during Russian colonization. They would find many members during the Yukon Gold Rush and would build the Workshop of Saint Nicholas in Nome, Alaska in 1900. In the year 1942, the Workshop of Saint Nicholas would burn down during an invasion of the Japanese Empire. In 1954, a new Workshop would be built in North Pole, Alaska. This is the central Workshop and is the location of Santaclaus Chris Mason and the Nicholaian Union.

The locations of Workshops run by the Order of Saint Nicholas are:
North Pole, Alaska, United States
Santa Claus, Indiana, United States
Dawson City, Yukon, Canada
Uummannaq, Greenland
Drøbak, Norway
Mora, Sweden
Korvatunturi, Finland
Rovaniemi, Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.