Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Georgia in Harry Turtledove's The Guns of the South

1867CSAGOTSGA.png

The 1867 Confederate States presidential election in Georgia took place on November 5, 1867, as part of the 1867 Confederate States presidential election. State voters chose 12 representatives, or electors, to the Electoral College, who voted for president and vice president.

Georgia would be won by the Confederate Party candidate Robert E. Lee, running with Albert Gallatin Brown. The ticket defeated Patriot Party candidate Nathan Bedford Forrest, who was running with Louis Wigfall. The Lee-Brown ticket would win 53.6% of the popular vote against the Forrest-Wigfall tickets 46.4%, a margin of 7.2%.

Last edited:
In 1981, Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Lukashenko of the Soviet Army is sent into Afghanistan and killed in action. 13 years later…

1645739408588.png

The 1994 Belarusian presidential election was the first democratic election of the country’s head of state, held to replace the old position of Chairman of the Supreme Council. It was the first national election held in Belarus since the country seceded from the Soviet Union three years earlier. The first round was held on the 23rd June and the second on the 10th July.

The Chairman of the Supreme Council, Myechyslaw Hryb of the Belarusian Social Democratic Assembly (BSDH or ‘Assembly’), was not running to be elected to the new Presidency; instead, the Assembly party put forward Stanislav Shushkevich, who had been head of state from August 1991 to January 1994. Shushkevich advocated the continuation of state ownership of Belarusian industry, but also wished for the country to start making closer ties with Western nations.

Zianon Pazniak of the Belarusian Popular Front (BPF), the successor to the social movement of the same name that had led Belarus to independence from the Soviet Union, advocated a Belarusian nationalist platform as well as a socially conservative one, and placated the more liberal wing of his party by being even more pro-Western than Shushkevich, supporting eventual Belarusian membership of NATO and the European Union.

Prime Minister Vyacheslav Kebich ran as an independent. Like Shushkevich, he had significant experience in Belarusian politics, having served as Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Byelorussian SSR prior to Belarus declaring its independence, and he differed significantly from his opponents politically in that he had a pro-Russian stance, advocating for monetary union with Russia, the end of the ‘Belarusisation’ policy and the assertion of Russian as a legally recognised language of Belarus.

The campaign was fierce, with Shushkevich and Pazniak accusing Kebich of blindly supporting ‘Russians over Belarusians’. Despite this, the division in the pro-Western vote allowed Kebich to lead the polls, which Pazniak and Shushkevich sought to rectify by making it clear they would endorse each other depending who advanced to the second round.

Ultimately, 35.7% of the vote in the first round went to Kebich compared to 28.1% for Pazniak and 20.1% for Shushkevich. Every region voted for Kebich except Grodno and Minsk Regions, which voted for Pazniak, and Minsk city, which voted for Shushkevich. Kebich and Pazniak progressed to the second round, and Shushkevich endorsed Pazniak as he had pledged to.

Since their supporters commanded almost a majority of the vote between them, Pazniak was seen as the favourite. In response to this, Kebich worked to capitalise on the ideological divisions between BPF and Assembly voters, arguing that as President Pazniak would privatise Belarusian industry, accusing him of racism towards Russian-speaking Belarusians, and most strikingly, softening his Eurosceptic rhetoric. He claimed that he did not wish to antagonise Europe or the West, but felt union with those regions through NATO or the European Union was ‘not the way forward for Belarus’.

In the second round, Kebich narrowly prevailed over Pazniak with 51.9% of the vote to 45.3, and was elected the first President of the modern Republic of Belarus.

bushrod.png

The regicide of Emperor George I left the Dominion of Virginia in great disarray, with the Estates of Lords struggling to find a way to put the Republican revolution down. Taking advantage of the newly created chaos, Jefferson moved to seize control, establishing a state rooted in enlightenment values and establishing elections. However, the state would fail to be a stable one, with Virginia being plunged into chaos.

Enter Bushrod Washington, Pretender to the Cavalier Throne, and nephew to the late Emperor George I. Promising a return to the monarchy and a return to stability, he easily won the Presidency of Virginia, largely with the support of the gentry. After taking office, Bushrod immediately got to work on rolling back the Jeffersonian reforms, re-instating the Estates of Lords, restricting land rights, and revoking the powers of the popularly elected Virginia Council. The re-instated Estates of Lords unanimously voted to re-instate the monarchy, coronating him as Emperor Bushrod I.

With power consolidated and stability restored, the newly-crowned Bushrod I now looks to his west in the rugged frontier, eagerly planning future conquest of the Appalachian Communes.

n99bUPS.png

UolTqNx.png

So this is the same timeline as a smaller New England map I did, I've come to do a different style of "Wikiboxes" for the world! Also because I am a huge dumb luxembourger when it comes to editing Wikipedia lol.

n99bUPS.png

UolTqNx.png

So this is the same timeline as a smaller New England map I did, I've come to do a different style of "Wikiboxes" for the world! Also because I am a huge dumb luxembourger when it comes to editing Wikipedia lol.

A fun scenario here and an interesting style alright. Stands out from the rest. Will you be looking to do more on this timeline?

A fun scenario here and an interesting style alright. Stands out from the rest. Will you be looking to do more on this timeline?
I do, I'm just lazy with making my own threads since I want to post alot of my stuff? I just get a bit ocd and wanting to make good assets since I see really good threads.

I do, I'm just lazy with making my own threads since I want to post alot of my stuff? I just get a bit ocd and wanting to make good assets since I see really good threads.

No worries. If you do make something to collect it all in the same place, it'd be something I'd be happy to check out.

Due to the rise of disenfranchisement and to a lower extent populism and progressivism following Dean's victory, some historians consider the election to be a political realignment that began with the Kennedys in the 1960s, and the 1980 election marked the start of the Dean Era.
disenfranchisement, you say?

Here's something that I made inspired by a TL on the Althistory Wiki called Differently that I am kind of a contributor to. It has the Kardashians as claimants to the Armenian monarchy.
Screenshot 2022-02-26 at 16-53-47 Editing Wikipedia Sandbox - Wikipedia.png

I'm pretty sure the only reason it isn't actually like this in that TL is because it has a rule that forbids changing the statuses of countries as monarchies or republics.

Last edited:
"Bring out yer dead! Bring out yer dead!"
"Here's one."
"Nine cents."
"I'm not dead!"
"Hey! He said he's not dead!"
"Yes he is."
"No I'm not!"
"Well, he will be soon. He's very ill."
"I'm getting better!"
*clop*

-Conversation between the Executive Undertaker, Vice President Thomas Marshall, and President Woodrow Wilson, allegedly sometime in 1919.

bgjqeCI.png

Last edited:
"Bring out yer dead! Bring out yer dead!"
"Here's one."
"Nine cents."
"I'm not dead!"
"Hey! He said he's not dead!"
"Yes he is."
"No I'm not!"
"Well, he will be soon. He's very ill."
"I'm getting better!"
*clop*

-Conversation between the Executive Undertaker, Vice President Thomas Marshall, and President Woodrow Wilson, allegedly sometime in 1919.

bgjqeCI.png

Two points to note:

1: Slavery somehow got revamped at some point, which is horrifying.
2: A Second Great Jihad in the 1940's, which has so many implications.

Nevertheless, Islamic rule was hardly intent on preserving Romanity. Urban life in North Africa was effectively transformed under an Islamic vision, with the Mosque being established as the central meeting place rather then the Roman model of temples and law courts surrounded by markets and baths. The new elite would be largely Arab or of the various Berber groups, with the latter co-opting Islam as a fundamental aspect of their identity. The Roman Christian character that once dominated urban life quickly eroded. The language of generations of Roman rule, African Romance, declined into obscurity before totally disappearing. Christianity that had once been preeminent had been effectively reduced to residual communities scattered across the Maghreb. The region that had once been a center of Roman politics and Christian theology appeared to have become a firmly Muslim Arabo-Berber realm on the eve of the Crusades.
Prior to the founding of the Fatimid caliphate, the main population of Ifriqiya were Rums and Africans - that is, Latin-speaking groups. Most of them were Christians (moreover, oriented towards Rome). At the same time, Arabization and Islamization did not quite coincide - urban elites and managers switched to Arabic while maintaining the old faith, while Islam was accepted by nomads and the urban poor who spoke Romance and Berber languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.