Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rednecks.png

Other things in the world of the Pacific Republic:
Map of the Pacific Republic
The two flag designs of the Pacific Republic
List of Presidents of the Pacific Republic
The First Pacific War

Redneck Revolution sounds like it would be the name of a country music group of a Southern rock band. Lol

Still, nice infobox.
I imagine redneck would be a insulting name used by the Confed government that kinda became catchy and stuck over time. Hell, maybe the commies adopted the name themselves, wouldn’t be the first time insulting names have been reappropriated.

2004election.png

The 2004 United States presidential election was the 55th quadrennial American presidential election. Incumbent President John Kerry and Vice President Dianne Feinstein of the Democratic ticket defeated the Republican ticket of Senator John McCain of Arizona and Senator George Allen of Virginia.

Kerry and Feinstein were easily re-nominated by the Democratic Party. Some progressives expressed concern over re-nominating Feinstein again due to clashes on policy, but she faced no official opposition and was re-nominated at the 2004 Democratic National Convention via acclamation. Republican Vice Presidential nominee in 2000 George W. Bush was seen as the early front-runner for the 2004 Republican primaries, but was consumed by the Enron Scandal and withdrew from consideration. Attention turned to his brother, Florida Governor Jeb Bush, but his lackluster performance in early primaries, attributed to his apparent blandness, paved the way for McCain to clinch the nomination against Bush as well as Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas, Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, and Governor Norm Coleman of Minnesota in the primaries. McCain selected Allen, who had considered a presidential candidacy of his own, as his running mate.

After the
September 11th, 2001 attacks, Kerry's popularity soared, but his move not to launch a second invasion of Iraq was controversial and became a dominant issue on the campaign. Nevertheless, most Americans polled approved of how Kerry was handling the War against Terrorism. McCain campaigned on expanding the War against Terrorism into Iraq as a defensive measure, while Kerry opposed it. Kerry and McCain both touted their respective military experiences. Health care, jobs, same-sex marriage, abortion, and embryonic stem cell research were the main domestic issues discussed in this election.

Kerry won another narrow reelection, this time with a margin of 72
electoral votes, an improvement on his margin of 61 electoral votes in the 2000 presidential election. His 2.21% margin of victory in the popular vote was also an expansion from 2000, where he only won by a margin of 2.12% in the popular vote. Colorado was the only state that did not vote the same way it did in 2000. Kerry became the first candidate since Bill Clinton in 1992 to win more than 300 electoral votes, the first candidate since George H. W. Bush in 1988 to win more than 50% of the popular vote, and the first Democrat to do so since Jimmy Carter in 1976.

Last edited:
Here's president number two for the Proletarian Presidents series, this time moving onto Eugene V Debs. I went a bit overboard with the text but am nonetheless satisfied with the end result. Also, would anyone be interested in a separate thread for this TL?

The Proletarian Presidents: Eugene V. Debs

0F-U2nmnuBB-aw7KkPldeTKoZu097sbDBrX-HX-aw33I73e_dXKBkdW80u3eQufR4UVRSRvpX_USrmXd4bRaWSlnvtYLyrKRi-f7boB5Jt00kRts5dakIQUkTABLG3INF7eg13K9

Also I noticed the crossed hammer and hayfork (?) in the Syndicalism series box, I assume to represent the cooperation between industrial and agrarian workers. I'm a sucker for political ideologies, symbols and colors so I'm all over it.

1621104219118.png

A completely absurd wikipedia infobox I made. It is based on a Katekyo Hitman Reborn! fanfiction involving Tsunayoshi (the manga's protagonist) somehow becoming a magnet for seemingly mythological creatures (it starts with an unicorn and then its a slippery slope from there) who also accidentally becomes the center of a new cult among Asian organized crime (in part due to (almost by accident) unifying the Chinese Triads and the Yakuza under his overlordship).

Before the fanfic became dead/dormant one of things that happen was the leaders of the Yakuza and the Triads (Kuro and Shi), in a panic due to in-universe reasons, conquering both Koreas on the span of a day and establishing Tsuna as its god-king (with his cult being the country's official religion)

I’d be interested, this idea seems very fleshed out
I second that, this is super interesting!
Yeah, the lore seems very interesting and fleshed out! Looking forward to it
That's great to hear! I'll see if I can get the thread up and running sometime this week.

Also I noticed the crossed hammer and hayfork (?) in the Syndicalism series box, I assume to represent the cooperation between industrial and agrarian workers. I'm a sucker for political ideologies, symbols and colors so I'm all over it.
That's spot on! Because De Leonism is adopted as the ideology of the People's Party, which historically had pretty strong support in more agrarian support in the American West (not to mention that agricultural labor is still a core component of the American economy by the time of the Second American Revolution), representation of solidarity between industrial and agricultural workers becomes a core component of syndicalist symbolism in the US ITTL.

In the wake of his brother Thomas’s death in battle, and the unfortunate death of Henry V before his marriage to Princess Katherine could produce any heirs, it was left to the Duke of Bedford to complete the task of uniting the English and French crowns. Despite the ominous rumblings about Lackland, the new king would redeem the name of John in the eyes of English royalty. Although not quite so glorious as Henry V, John II was exceedingly competent and oversaw the continuation of the Anglo-Burgundian alliance and the crossing of the Loire River. Following the death of the so called “Charles VII” in battle and the capture of his son Louis, the Dual Monarchy was secured for the time being.

John’s reign was not without problems. Petty political squabbles erupted whenever he was absent, and while his administration in Normandy was praised, in the South his control proved more tenuous. Although he recognized the need for the Burgundian Alliance, it became more and more difficult to maintain as time went on. And of course, the difficulty of maintaining a union between the French and English was a daunting task. Nonetheless in his nearly 2 decades on the Throne John II had made the Dual Monarchy dreamt of since Edward III a reality.

Unfortunately neither John II’s wives would produce an heir, meaning the throne passed to his brother Humphrey, who was an altogether less imposing figure than John. And who was also childless....

0B0EA66E-5FF9-434A-8813-62562E5E2CE2.jpeg

2021-05-16 (3).png

The Black Mesa disaster from Half-Life occurs in 2020 instead of the 2000s. Information and footage from the disaster leak out almost immediately, as it now takes place during the Internet Age, throwing the world (which, not to verge into current politics territory at all, is already dealing with a lot) into panic. Just as planned by the G-man...

Last edited:
View attachment 651045
The Black Mesa disaster from Half-Life occurs in 2020 instead of the 2000s. Information and footage from the disaster leak out almost immediately, as it now takes place during the Internet Age, throwing the world (which, not to verge into current politics territory at all, is dealing with a lot) into panic. Just as planned by the G-man...
Are you gonna do the Seven Hour War?

Status
Not open for further replies.