Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night Pact, Inkling Britain Part 1.png

Night Pact, Inkling Britain Part 2.png

"Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?"

The question often arises - when did Europe's long march into darkness begin? Oftentimes the answer falls on the Swiss town of Luzern, on the shores of the Vierwaldstättersee, where in the aftermath of the First Great War the powers of Europe, exhausted from the half-decade of senseless trench warfare, met to negotiate an honorable peace. Such was the last act of many a European nation, for not long after the Luzern Conference came the worrying news - the syndicalists took France, the soviets Russia, the spartacists Germany, the councilists Hungary. Against this signal of a new dawn for Europe came the reaction, the start of Europe's Dusk. The assassination of King Victor of Great Britain and Ireland in 1920 and the ascension of his underage son, George Edward, is the other most commonly held view as to when Europe irrevocably became intertwined with the Night, for that began a long series of events that culminated with the September Revolution. Only after nearly a quarter century and the deaths of millions did Europe emerge from darkness, back into the welcoming light.

View attachment 642673
View attachment 642674

"Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?"

The question often arises - when did Europe's long march into darkness begin? Oftentimes the answer falls on the Swiss town of Luzern, on the shores of the Vierwaldstättersee, where in the aftermath of the First Great War the powers of Europe, exhausted from the half-decade of senseless trench warfare, met to negotiate an honorable peace. Such was the last act of many a European nation, for not long after the Luzern Conference came the worrying news - the syndicalists took France, the soviets Russia, the spartacists Germany, the councilists Hungary. Against this signal of a new dawn for Europe came the reaction, the start of Europe's Dusk. The assassination of King Victor of Great Britain and Ireland in 1920 and the ascension of his underage son, George Edward, is the other most commonly held view as to when Europe irrevocably became intertwined with the Night, for that began a long series of events that culminated with the September Revolution. Only after nearly a quarter century and the deaths of millions did Europe emerge from darkness, back into the welcoming light.
So a crossover between Lord of the Rings and WWII?

View attachment 642673
View attachment 642674

So a crossover between Lord of the Rings and WWII?
I think it was related to a DBWI from awhile ago (or it's remarkably close 🤔)

Some time ago on the Hypothetical Elections Reddit, someone posted a wikibox of George Harrison winning election under the Natural Law Party banner in Liverpool in 1992, as had been proposed by the Maharishi along with I believe Paul and Ringo. It gave him about 90% of the vote with incredible turnout, so I thought I'd give a more realistic take. Might make it into a mini-series.

1618491995138.png

View attachment 642673
View attachment 642674

I understand that it's basically a fascist dictatorship, but considering it includes people from as diverse political backgrounds as Mosley, Tolkien, Orwell, and Keynes, what exactly is the ideology of the Briton National Union Party?

Two Unrelated Infoboxes About The Simpsons

Infobox #1: Sideshow Bob voiced by James Earl Jones

A while ago, I learned that before settling on having The Simpsons character Sideshow Bob be voiced by Kelsey Grammer, the early version of the script for the episode Krusty Gets Busted called for James Earl Jones to voice him. I figured that I'd make an infobox where the original idea was chosen and Sideshow Bob is now one of James Earl Jones' most famous roles.

DarthSideshowBob.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infobox #2: Treehouse of Horror IX with Troy McClure

Just a couple of days ago, I learned about something interesting from the production of the Simpsons episode Treehouse of Horror IX. Troy McClure was originally suppose to appear in the episode in the segment Hell Toupee, where he was supposed to moderate the execution of Snake Jailbird. However, because McClure's voice actor (and frequent Simpsons guest star) Phil Hartman was murdered by his wife on May 28, 1998 before he even got to record his lines for the episode, the entire sequence would end up being redone with Ed McMahon as the host.

This infobox is basically if Phil Hartman didn't get shot dead by his wife or at the very least recorded his lines before his death, allowing him to voice Troy McClure one last time.

Alt THOH IX.png

Last edited:
I understand that it's basically a fascist dictatorship, but considering it includes people from as diverse political backgrounds as Mosley, Tolkien, Orwell, and Keynes, what exactly is the ideology of the Briton National Union Party?
Trying to give a concrete definition to such a question is one of the main sources of academic brawls in that universe's political science university departments. It is much easier to look at Romanism, Falangism, Integralism, Centurianism, and Techno-voglerism and work from there rather than tackle the BNU directly. And there is the matter of the BNU's factions, some of which are wildly distinct from one another and essentially act as separate political parties once all other parties besides the BNU get outlawed.

Trying to give a concrete definition to such a question is one of the main sources of academic brawls in that universe's political science university departments. It is much easier to look at Romanism, Falangism, Integralism, Centurianism, and Techno-voglerism and work from there rather than tackle the BNU directly. And there is the matter of the BNU's factions, some of which are wildly distinct from one another and essentially act as separate political parties once all other parties besides the BNU get outlawed.
In that case, what are Romanism, Centurianism, and techno-voglerism? Also, how did Falangism and Integralism manage to rise to power in Britain along with those other factions of the BNUP?

In that case, what are Romanism, Centurianism, and techno-voglerism? Also, how did Falangism and Integralism manage to rise to power in Britain along with those other factions of the BNUP?

None of those ideologies are within the BNU - they are all from the other states of the Night Pact. Romanism is a militaristic ultranationalism centered on reviving the Roman Empire in Italy, Centurianism is based off of some of the early ideas of Georges Valois and is similar to Action Française, and Techno-voglerism is a technocratic völkisch ideology run by Albert Speer in Germany. Falangism and Integralism are much the same as they are in our world, and are in Spain and Portugal respectively. The ideology best understood as the foundation of the BNU is the Inkling faction's skiarchical (rule by shadow) authoritarianism, championed by the alt-Tolkien. It's the political ideology of Sauron, essentially.

It is indeed related to that DBWI - I came up with this idea about when that was happening, then promptly forgot about it. I was going through my vaults the other day and decided to make some wikiboxes for this scenario.
Nicely done! They look great!
In the DBWI, under Tolkien at least it's essentially fascism with a focus on idealized agrarianism at home and using an iron grip on the colonies to gain resources and manufactured goods, with a healthy dose of distributism and patriotic guilds in charge of production.

View attachment 642673
View attachment 642674

Will you make a full tl about this?

Last edited:
View attachment 642854
Here's another take on this concept I found somewhere on this site and saved 🤔 I have no idea who made it
The original is found here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/alternate-wikipedia-infoboxes-vi-do-not-post-current-politics-or-political-figures-here.491184/page-77#post-21165187

Will you make a full tl about this?
I might make some more boxes, but probably not a full timeline.

I came across an old thread about Clark deciding against calling a leadership election in 1983 and contesting the 1984 Election. I thought this was a very interesting idea, and not one I see explored too often, so I made an infobox out of it. I used this Gallup poll from January 1983, the last before Clark announced his resignation, as the basis:

Clark1984.png

Clark1984.svg.png

The results really show the peculiarities of FPTP. The vote shares are near identical to what they ended up being IOTL, funny enough, but the seat counts are not quite so similar. The Liberals still fall quite badly, but are on nearly double their OTL seat count thanks to still (mostly) holding onto their Quebec stronghold. However, they do even worse outside Quebec than they did OTL. In fact, in this election, the Liberals have 61 of their 78 seats in Quebec, or 78%, which is a higher share of Liberals from Quebec than in the 1917 election (where it was about 76%). Incidentally, this is not the first scenario I've done where that happened (with the same POD too!). The NDP also do slightly better in the PV than OTL, but win 16 seats as opposed to the 31 they did OTL. This is almost entirely down to the PCs doing quite a bit better in the West than they did OTL, clearing 60% in SK and 50% in BC.

Good on you! I made an edit to give proper credit. And more boxes in this TL would be really cool! Glimpses of the US and Soviet Union would be nice, maybe a look at a Commonwealth under the boot of neo-Inkling thought or a wikibox about a Lovecraft/Hitler collaboration 🤔 Really whatever you make I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.