Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Jackie 1968 Election.png
Who won the other 14% of the vote, and how did Nixon still perform that well in the electoral map despite bleeding away support like Alexei Romanov?

Cuomoooooooo.png

The 1988 United States presidential election was the 51st quadrennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 8, 1988. Democratic Governor of New York, Mario Cuomo, defeated incumbent Vice President George H.W. Bush in a narrow race.

Incumbent president Ronald Reagan was ineligible to seek a third term. Bush entered the Republican primaries as the front-runner, defeating U.S. Senator Bob Dole and televangelist Pat Robertson to win the nomination. He selected U.S. Senator Dan Quayle of Indiana as his running mate. Cuomo won the Democratic primaries after defeating his main rivals, Michael Dukakis and Jesse Jackson. He selected U.S. Senator Sam Nunn of Georgia as his running mate.

Bush ran an aggressive campaign concentrated on the economy, reducing urban crime, and continuing Reagan's policies. He attacked Cuomo as an elitist "New York liberal," which Cuomo aggressively countered with attacks on the Reagan deficit, the Iran-Contra scandal, and Bush's lack of concrete domestic policies (a failing Bush himself called "the vision thing"). Cuomo led by a wide margin in early polls, and although this gap narrowed after the Republican National Convention, Cuomo continued to lead, especially after strong performances in two presidential debates (compounded by Dan Quayle's poor performance in the Vice Presidential debate). No Republican candidate has since won California, Connecticut, Maine, or Vermont. Cuomo narrowly won the popular vote by 2 million, and with narrow victories in Ohio, Iowa, Georgia, and Delaware, defeated Bush to become the 41st President of the United States.
---------
Based on a combination of four or five games of President Elect '88 as well as my own predictions. Text partially from Wikipedia.

I would very much be interested in participating in something like this.
Is anyone else interested? I can't recall the name of the user who proposed the biweekly infobox contest but I'd be willing to run the contest if they're okay with that and if others are interested.

hmlQvmh.png

Oswald is a 2013 biographical historical drama film directed and produced by Steven Spielberg, starring Joaquin Phoenix as Lee Harvey Oswald. The movie was loosely based both Cased Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK by Gerald Posner and The Gunman and his mother:Lee Harvey Oswald, Marguerite Oswald, and the Making of an Assassin by Steven Beschloss. The film depicts Oswald's life from his childhood to his death on November 24, 1963, the film was produced by Spielberg and Gerald R. Molen. Filming started on February 16, 2012 and ended on July 16, 2012, many praised the film for showing Oswald's often overlooked childhood and Phoenix's portrayal of Oswald. The film would go on to win Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor at the 86th Academy Awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.