Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to bother y'all, but I forgot how to get images into the wikiboxes. Can anyone help?

You use the "inspect element" feature in Chrome, look for <table class="infobox vevent"> if you're on a Wikipedia sandbox for example, look for the section with the placeholder image, replace the placeholder link in the "src" section with the link you want, and adjust its width and height until they fit your image.

Eparkhos

Banned
You use the "inspect element" feature in Chrome, look for <table class="infobox vevent"> if you're on a Wikipedia sandbox for example, look for the section with the placeholder image, replace the placeholder link in the "src" section with the link you want, and adjust its width and height until they fit your image.
I know how to do that, but which part of the image's URL do I insert?

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 8.07.33 PM.png

The ICC World Championship of Cricket is the international championship of Limited Overs International (LOI) cricket. The event is organised by the sport's governing body, the International Cricket Conference (ICC), every three years, with first qualification rounds leading up to a finals tournament. The tournament is one of the world's most viewed sporting events and is considered the "flagship event of the international cricket calendar" by the ICC.

The first World Championship was organised in England in June 1977. The first three World Championships were all held in England, with finals at Lord's. From the 1986 tournament onwards, hosting has been shared between countries under an unofficial rotation system, with thirty-one ICC members having hosted at least one match in the tournament.

The World Championship is open to all members of the International Cricket Conference (ICC), although the highest-ranking teams receive automatic qualification. The remaining teams are determined via a system of regional qualification. A total of fourty-two teams have competed in the eleven editions of the tournament, with thirty-two teams competing in the three most recent championships. Australia and Punjab have each won the tournament three times, New Zealand twice, while Barbados, Leeward Islands, Ceylon, Republic of India, Transvaal, Madras and England have won it once each. Australia have qualified for the semi-finals a record ten times.

England are the current champions after winning the 2019 edition. The next tournament will be held in the Americas in 2022.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 5.28.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 5.29.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 5.29.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.51.19 PM.png

Last edited:
1590153601258.png

The 1989 Chinese provincial elections were the very first elections held in China after the liberalization of its constitution following the Tienanmen Square Revolution in May 1989, held three and a half months later in September and just over a month before the first national democratic election for the National Congress. Unlike that election, in which every province elected members, the provincial elections were only held in the cities of Beijing and Tianjin, considered the most important areas to initially devolve power to given their importance as focal points of the Tienanmen Square Revolution. These were the first elections since the Kuomintang originally seized power in 1928 to allow multi-party competition.

Ultimately, the Kuomintang won control of the City Council (the provincial-level government of, at the time, three of China's cities) of the more conservative and suburban Tianjin, whilst control of Beijing City Council was won by the Progressive Party, a left-leaning party which had heavy support from students and urban voters. However, due to performing better in Beijing than the Progressives did in Tianjin, the Kuomintang won the popular vote.

1590156911480.png

At the same time as the city council elections, an election was also held for the Mayor of Beijing, as the first instance of changing the mayors of Chinese cities from an appointed position to a democratically elected one. The Progressive nominee, student protest coordinator Wang Juntao, had a significant lead over his two opponents, incumbent mayor and hardline opponent of the Tienanmen Square Revolution Li Peng (who was renominated by the city's branch of the Kuomintang but was opposed by many senior party members, including president Zhao) and the moderate Hu Qili, who ran as an independent (and who most pro-revolution Kuomintang officials and members supported), though many suspected Hu might be able to beat Wang in the instant runoff if he could beat Li to second place.

By a less than 1% margin, Li came second, eliminating Hu and allowing Wang to win a landslide victory as Hu supporters voted against the authoritarian and widely unpopular Li. As a result, Wang became the first democratically elected Mayor of Beijing and the first non-Kuomintang leader of any authority in China's democratic era.

The 1989 elections in China are also notable for being the only ones held before legislation in 1990 changed the statutory day on which elections are to be held from Wednesday to Friday, and the Beijing City Council election being held this year meant it saw its only five-year term, as every subsequent election has been held six years after the last.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that's not working. Is it because the images are saved as .png?
If you can't add the image in the sandbox (I still don't understand how to add an image from the net to the infobox, tried finding the image's link through inspection but I still don't know which part is it), I'd give you the tip of using paint: make the entire infobox beforehand with another photo as a placeholder and then in paint take the image from the web and replace the placeholder for it, although I admit it will need a resizing of the chosen photo and a reffiting of the infobox itself through paint (shortening or making it longer)

mgY5mX3.png

The Justice Society of America was founded on May 23, 1940 by three superheroes, Carter Hall, the original Hawkman; Dan Garrett, the original Blue Beetle; and Kent Nelson, the original Doctor Fate. Originally a nameless group united only in their aims of investigating their connections to ancient Egypt, they eventually expanded into the United States' first mass superhero team, aimed at combating crime, saboteurs, and supervillainy.

At the time of the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, they had assembled over twenty active or reserve members. When the United States declared war on Japan and Germany, many members continued their countryside superheroics as part of the “Justice Battalion,” with several also co-serving as members of the wartime-only “All Star Squadron.” Others chose to enter the war as regular, non-costumed soldiers, such as Wesley Dodds, the original Sandman, who resumed his service in the Navy; and Albert Pratt, the original Atom, who became a tank driver in the Army.

Before the official American entry into World War 2, and before official support of the JSA by the US Government, President Roosevelt personally dispatched the Flash and Green Lantern to investigate rumors of the Nazis possessing the Spear of Destiny, and negating the superpowers of various individuals in Nazi-occupied territory. This started a quiet but powerful relationship between the POTUS and various superheroes, and would continue to this day in official and unofficial capacities.

Following World War 2, many members of the JSA had taken leave or drifted away from the organization. In 1951, following pressures from the Joint Congressional Un-American Activities Committee to publicly unmask all members, past and present, or risk prosecution, the remaining members of the JSA elected to disbanded. This left many members either retired, or continuing their hero work without governmental support. Following the election of John Kennedy in 1960, and his well-publicized support of superheroes, the JSA reformed alongside the new Justice League of American, both having partial oversight by the newly-founded Department of Metahuman Affairs.

In 1965, following the election of Richard Nixon, the threat of conscription for metahumans was raised as an answer to Soviet and Chinese metahumans in the Vietnam War. This was met with a second disbandment by JSA members. Some superheroes, such as Superman, even privately threatened to be unmasked and serve prison time rather than be conscripted, a decision that the government decided was too costly to bear.

Despite this disbandment only lasting a year as opposed to nearly a decade, the threat of superheroes refusing the draft led the US Government to pursue a policy of voluntary metahuman armament, and the creation of their own superheroes, such as Captain Atom, as well as the unintentional creation of several supervillains, such as Major Force.

Following the 1970s, the JSA began to take a more proactive role in training the next generations of superheroes. While the JLA was considered to be a strike force, in the words of one of their members, the JSA was thought of as a family. This led to many members returning, including some who hadn't been part of the organization in decades, to help provide leadership and education to new superheroes.

Today, the Justice Society of America is largely known for its large, albeit fluctuating and inconsistent, membership base, and for having multiple generations of heroes from one family joining. Some have criticized it for employing underage superheroes in missions, and for alleged nepotism in favor of related metahumans.

The name “Justice Society of America” was first proposed by Jay Garrick, the original Flash, and the motto “Strength, Courage, Justice” was coined by the original Superman, both in early 1941.

How's that for a tenth installment? I still enjoy researching the history of comics more than comics themselves, but I did read bits and pieces of the 1999 and 2007 Justice Society runs, and I enjoyed them. While not perfectly adapting them here, I did want to pay tribute to them in a small way.

mgY5mX3.png

The Justice Society of America was founded on May 23, 1940 by three superheroes, Carter Hall, the original Hawkman; Dan Garrett, the original Blue Beetle; and Kent Nelson, the original Doctor Fate. Originally a nameless group united only in their aims of investigating their connections to ancient Egypt, they eventually expanded into the United States' first mass superhero team, aimed at combating crime, saboteurs, and supervillainy.

At the time of the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, they had assembled over twenty active or reserve members. When the United States declared war on Japan and Germany, many members continued their countryside superheroics as part of the “Justice Battalion,” with several also co-serving as members of the wartime-only “All Star Squadron.” Others chose to enter the war as regular, non-costumed soldiers, such as Wesley Dodds, the original Sandman, who resumed his service in the Navy; and Albert Pratt, the original Atom, who became a tank driver in the Army.

Before the official American entry into World War 2, and before official support of the JSA by the US Government, President Roosevelt personally dispatched the Flash and Green Lantern to investigate rumors of the Nazis possessing the Spear of Destiny, and negating the superpowers of various individuals in Nazi-occupied territory. This started a quiet but powerful relationship between the POTUS and various superheroes, and would continue to this day in official and unofficial capacities.

Following World War 2, many members of the JSA had taken leave or drifted away from the organization. In 1951, following pressures from the Joint Congressional Un-American Activities Committee to publicly unmask all members, past and present, or risk prosecution, the remaining members of the JSA elected to disbanded. This left many members either retired, or continuing their hero work without governmental support. Following the election of John Kennedy in 1960, and his well-publicized support of superheroes, the JSA reformed alongside the new Justice League of American, both having partial oversight by the newly-founded Department of Metahuman Affairs.

In 1965, following the election of Richard Nixon, the threat of conscription for metahumans was raised as an answer to Soviet and Chinese metahumans in the Vietnam War. This was met with a second disbandment by JSA members. Some superheroes, such as Superman, even privately threatened to be unmasked and serve prison time rather than be conscripted, a decision that the government decided was too costly to bear.

Despite this disbandment only lasting a year as opposed to nearly a decade, the threat of superheroes refusing the draft led the US Government to pursue a policy of voluntary metahuman armament, and the creation of their own superheroes, such as Captain Atom, as well as the unintentional creation of several supervillains, such as Major Force.

Following the 1970s, the JSA began to take a more proactive role in training the next generations of superheroes. While the JLA was considered to be a strike force, in the words of one of their members, the JSA was thought of as a family. This led to many members returning, including some who hadn't been part of the organization in decades, to help provide leadership and education to new superheroes.

Today, the Justice Society of America is largely known for its large, albeit fluctuating and inconsistent, membership base, and for having multiple generations of heroes from one family joining. Some have criticized it for employing underage superheroes in missions, and for alleged nepotism in favor of related metahumans.

The name “Justice Society of America” was first proposed by Jay Garrick, the original Flash, and the motto “Strength, Courage, Justice” was coined by the original Superman, both in early 1941.

How's that for a tenth installment? I still enjoy researching the history of comics more than comics themselves, but I did read bits and pieces of the 1999 and 2007 Justice Society runs, and I enjoyed them. While not perfectly adapting them here, I did want to pay tribute to them in a small way.
This is something unique. The logo makes it look it look like a governmental organization, and it does show the negative aspects of superheroism.

On the other hand, I have questions on this...
fhfzmre.png

On February 19, 1992, a series of three coordinated nuclear weapons were detonated by the international crime organization Tartarus in three major metropolitan areas in the Republic of Iraq. In 1991, Tartarus stole 5 nuclear weapons from a military base near the Far Eastern Russian city of Khabarovsk, an action officially denied by the Russian government until 1993. After sending a two hundred and fifty billion dollar ransom to the United Nations, Tartarus unleashed three of them on Iraq's most populated cities, Baghdad, Mosul, and Basra, killing an estimated six to eight million people, and injuring anywhere from two to five million people (either from immediate or long term fallout).

Jade Nyugen (the supervillain Cheshire, who was the coordinator of both the theft and nuclear bombings) claimed they chose Iraq due both the proximity that the nation held to their main base of operations, and a belief that the nations of the world would appreciate less valuable cities being used as a demonstration of Tartarus' power.

The United Nations responded to the nuclear bombings within hours, assembling a Task Force lead by the Justice League to apprehend the members of the organization and all nuclear weaponry in their possession. Parallel to this, the International Criminal Tribunal for the Atomic Bombing of Iraq was formed and tasked with prosecuting those involved. Within fourteen months, all members of Tartarus and their nuclear weapons were apprehended. All members were put on trial, prosecuted, and sentenced to death. 22 of the 28 were executed, including the believed-to-be immortal Vandal Savage; with 6 committing suicide before their scheduled executions. Of the 28, only Slade Wilson voluntarily surrendered to the Task Force and plead guilty to his involvement to the Tribunal.

Both before and after the Tribunal had concluded, controversy erupted over which nations deserved culpability for the state of Iraq, as well as potential compensation owed. From nations that had supervillains originate or operate in them (such as France, the United States, and Gabon), to Russia and their inability to safeguard their nuclear weapon, to both the United Nations and the international superhero community for failing to prevent such a disaster.

Could we know how post-nuclear attacks Iraq looks like? For instance, where the current capital of Iraq is, who the current leader is, and the political situation of the nation. Saddam Hussein is most definitely killed in the Baghdad attack; the Gulf War, which tainted international image of Iraq, was over for a year; and Iraqi Kurdistan might have take advantage of the chaos to establish its independence.

This is something unique. The logo makes it look it look like a governmental organization, and it does show the negative aspects of superheroism.

Even America's oldest Superhero Team needs some kind of branding and public outreach (see the website at the bottom).

Funny enough, the JSA unknowingly suffered from those problems from the very beginning: from letting the Marvel family join when they were all teenagers, a fact hidden to most of the JSA; to having cousins Phantom Lady and Starman serve in the 1940s, again, a fact not known to the JSA, even they themselves!

Could we know how post-nuclear attacks Iraq looks like? For instance, where the current capital of Iraq is, who the current leader is, and the political situation of the nation. Saddam Hussein is most definitely killed in the Baghdad attack; the Gulf War, which tainted international image of Iraq, was over for a year; and Iraqi Kurdistan might have take advantage of the chaos to establish its independence.

I hadn't actually thought about doing that. I've been enjoying just sort of jumping around between space and time, covering various events, alluding to different political developments. I will consider doing this, but I can make no promises.

(Although I do have to wonder what would make a good capital of Kurdistan? Erbil, or Sulaymaniyah perhaps....)

I hadn't actually thought about doing that. I've been enjoying just sort of jumping around between space and time, covering various events, alluding to different political developments. I will consider doing this, but I can make no promises.

(Although I do have to wonder what would make a good capital of Kurdistan? Erbil, or Sulaymaniyah perhaps....)
I'll be looking forward for such an update. Also, I'd agree on Erbil, maybe Kirkuk if the Kurds managed to hold a maximal amount of Kurdish-inhabited territory, and if the Iraqis fall into a civil war.

I'd also suggest Najaf, Karbala, Hillah, or Nasiriyah as potential Iraqi capital cities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.