Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough; I honestly don't believe you've plagiarized him or anything, it's just, well, "Jeff Bridges as the leader of a superpower kingdom in a world where a weird American-pagan fusion religion holds sway" kind of makes me think of everything Archie's done, and it makes me jump

I don't think anyone wants to stifle your creativity or your projects, and I certainly don't own a trademark on the elements that I've done, but I saw your religion infobox, my first thought was, that's just Columbianism with a different name, but that was old and made long before you were even a member. Then you had Emperor Jeff Bridges, and I was like, I gotta say something before he starts putting centaurs in this.

Neato. But I've never seen those before, since I joined the site in 2018 and was just barely twelve when you posted the first one.

I don't think anyone wants to stifle your creativity or your projects, and I certainly don't own a trademark on the elements that I've done, but I saw your religion infobox, my first thought was, that's just Columbianism with a different name, but that was old and made long before you were even a member. Then you had Emperor Jeff Bridges, and I was like, I gotta say something before he starts putting centaurs in this.
Well, sorry if I was stepping on any toes. I really haven't seen most of your stuff, and it'd be difficult for me to since it's, to my knowledge, kind of... scattered across the site. Albionism was legitimately my own idea, it just appears we had very similar ones. Something about monkeys with typewriters and Shakespeare. (Except Jeff Bridges, you were definitely where I got that from now that I think about it, sorry.) Here's hoping you don't have any American Renaissances or Second American Revolutions or Columbian Warlord Periods or Caesar Douglas MacArthur or Presidential Triumvirates leading the Columbian Congress in your timeline, because that would be embarrassing.

Last edited:
No worries, mate, this stuff does happen once in a while

When I come up with story ideas and run them past other people, I'm always half expecting to hear "just like X?" where X is something I've never heard of

Keep doing cool stuff, your boxes are some of the highlights of the thread :)

it's in the eyes, you can feel it

Anna Eleanor Mercer (born November 2, 2135) is the 81st and current President of the United States. A member of the Democratic Party, she was the second woman in a same-sex marriage to be elected president and was the first to be born on Venus. She had previously served as the Executive of Lamont County, Magellan, from 2173 to 2180 and as the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence from 2170 to 2173.

Born into a working class household, Mercer worked for a roofing company to help put herself through college at Loyola American University. She was recruited to join the Central Intelligence Agency upon her graduation. She served with the CIA for 14 years, initially as an intelligence analysis in their Directorate of Intelligence. However, most of Mercer's career at the CIA remains classified to this day. What is known is that she quickly rose through the administrative ranks of the CIA. It has been reported that in the late 2160s, Mercer was the project director for Project OXBOW, which is alleged to have been a joint program between the CIA, the National Reconnaissance Office, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and the U.S. Space Force to created space telescopes large enough to spy on the neighboring star of Tyche, approximately 600 AU from the Earth at that time. What is known is that when she was appointed chief of staff to the then-Director of National Intelligence Luther Armitage, she was widely regarded as one of the CIA's primary experts on Tychean military capacity. When Luther Armitage was appointed Secretary of Defense in 2170, Mercer was appointed as the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence by President Donna Harlan White.

Upon the election of Republican Sarah Gibbs in 2172, Mercer left office and returned home to Venus. Her father-in-law, Rudy Lowell, is widely regarded as one of the Democratic party bosses in Lamont County. Mercer was approached about running for county executive in 2173, and she was elected in a close six-way Democratic primary that was tantamount to election. She was reelected in 2177, and by that time, she had become a prominent national figure as a critic of President Gibbs' foreign policy. She made frequent appearances on television news programs during the Interior Secretary Islands Disputes, and then with the beginning of the Great Interplanetary War against the Tycheans in the fall of 2177, she became regarded as a Democratic spokeswoman on the conduct of the war. Her memoir, You Should Have Listened, was published in 2179, accusing senior leadership in the intelligence community and foreign policy establishment of ignoring her warnings of Tychean aggression in the 2160s.

Mercer entered the 2180 presidential race as a Democrat, and quickly gained the support of many of the urban political machines with the assistance of her father-in-law. She was also supported by the major Big Labor unions of the AFL-CIO. At the 2180 Democratic National Convention, her major opponents were former Attorney General Jordynne Blythe of Arkansas, Premier Brady McCaul of Americal and Teamsters President Rodrigo Ferraro. Blythe had the support of many anti-war progressives, McCaul was backed by the militant progressives of the United Mineworkers and Ferraro's campaign was buoyed by the Teamsters and their allies, including the Amalgamated Meat Cutters, Brewery Workers and the Sons of Italy. Mercer won the nomination on the first ballot and chose former President of the AFL-CIO Benjamin G. Thurman was her running mate. The ongoing war was the primary issue of the campaign, and Republican nominee Manjot Kaur (a Democrat-turned-independent-now-Republican who had worked in the Department of Justice under Jordynne Blythe) attempted to run away from the unpopularity of the Gibbs administration. However, that proved difficult to accomplish given how poorly the war was going at that point.

Mercer easily won election over Kaur in 2180, and upon her inaguration, set about fulfilling her campaign promises of victory. One major campaign issue had been rationing and conscription, as the Outer System felt they were being unfairly and disproportionately required to carry the burden. Mercer has called for a fairer distribution of wartime rationing, and has removed many of the rules that allowed many affluent Inner System families to protect their children from being drafted. Mercer appointed General of the Army Vernon Valdez to serve as the new Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers to help turn around the war effort. Tychean advances across the moons of Pluto and Persephone have largely been stopped, and in many cases, reversed the tide. However, Mercer has been hesitant to say that the United States and her Pacific Rim allies are winning the war, and as 2184 looms, has been stressing unity and patience.

JWjpkGD.png

Upon further inspection “600 AU from Earth at that time.”

At that time

👀

Edit: Premier of Americal?

Last edited:
Tyche has a highly elliptical orbit in relation to the sun, and right its nearing its perigee relative to the sun

Premier of Hermes from the state of Americal. Hermes is the commonwealth on Mercury, the intermediate federal step between states and the national government.
Okay that tracks, Tyche is AJND’s Nemesis?

And oh sweet, Reagan City's weird inbetweenie status is gone, a new Commonwealth for the books

Okay that tracks, Tyche is AJND’s Nemesis?

Less Nemesis and more of the hypothetical Planet Nine a lot of recent astronomers have been theorizing, with an elliptical orbit of 400-1500 AU and a mass approximately that of Neptune.

And oh sweet, Reagan City's weird inbetweenie status is gone, a new Commonwealth for the

Mercury has been changed a lot. Its tidally locked with a narrow strip of habitable land in the twilight zone, with local life equivalent to that of Earth's Cambrian explosion

Abraham Lincoln of Oregon
VIttLg2.png
Prior to being appointed Territorial Governor of Oregon, Abraham Lincoln was a lawyer and single term Representative. He would've most likely become a local Illinois politician, if not fading into the depths of history. Instead, Lincoln accepted the offer of recently elected Zachary Taylor to become the Territorial Governor of Oregon.

Territorial Governorship
Lincoln's first governorship would be burdened by political turmoil. Lincoln still had the unfortunate nickname of "Spotty" which became attached to his term. The Democratic legislature in the territory was opposed to almost everything Lincoln tried. The capital of the territory was moved from Oregon City to Salem, something Lincoln actually endorsed in a form of bipartisanship. He would also serve as part of an Indian Commission to make deals with the Native American tribes on the western side of the Cascade Mountains to move them to the eastern side. His big achievement in office was the repel of the 1849 black exclusion law and the passing of the Oregon Anti-Slavery Act of 1853, which banned Slavery in the Oregon Territory. This would be one of the causes of the American Civil War. His term would end unceremoniously in 1853 with the election of Franklin Pierce.

Lincoln considered returning to his home of Illinois or his birth state of Kentucky, but he chose instead to stay in Oregon, returning to his lawyer roots. He served quietly for many years until the 1860 Presidential Election. He ran for the Republican nomination, but lost out to Sen. William H. Seward for the President, with former Kansas Governor Andrew H. Reeder as Vice-President. The 1860 election would be won by Gov. Sam Houston of Texas as President with Sen. Jefferson Davis of Mississippi as Vice-President, both elected under the Constitutional Union ticket. After this, Lincoln would run for the Governorship of Oregon in 1862. He would win in a close victory in a race between the Republicans, Northern Democrats, Southern Democrats, and the Constitutional Union Party.

Oregon Governorship
Lincoln would be elected governor on the eve of the American Civil War. The conflict between Pro-Slavery and Anti-Slavery would come to a head when Sen. Stephen A. Douglas would introduce the Popular Sovereignty Act of 1862 which would allow slavery to expand farther westward. It passed the House and was introduced to the Senate. This prompted some politicians in the Abolitionsit Northern states to secede from the Union. This created the Union of American States and thus began the American Civil War.

The American Civil War (1862-1871)
Surprising to most at the time, Lincoln had the Oregon Legislature declare neutrality during the early stages of the War. Some in the state wished to secede and join the UAS or create a new Pacific Republic. Oregon would remain a neutral state until the election of 1864. Pres. Sam Houston had died in 1863, leaving Jefferson Davis to the President. The election of 1864 would see Davis reelected by a wide margin, except in Oregon and California where the Republican Party overwhelmingly won. After the election, Davis would declared Martial Law in Oregon and California. In response to this, the Californian and Oregonian Legislatures seceded from the United States and joined the Union of American States. (Colloquially referred to as Nationalists for the USA, Freedomites for the UAS). As the war progressed, Lincoln remained popular in the state, raising the 1st Army of Oregon to defend the state and suppress rebels. This war also brought him into conflict with the Native Americans, who would suffer greatly by his governorship. Many tribes were placed in reservations or massacred by the Lincoln Administration. This would cause lasting damage to the relationship between the Oregonian State Government and the Native Americans. The war would last much longer than necessary due to incompetence by Nationalist Generals. The war would end with the suicide of Jefferson Davis in 1868 and the ascension of Vice-President John C. Breckenridge. The Freedomite army had already taken most of the former Nationalist territory over and thus the Treaty of Louisville would end the war and reunite the nation. Almost everything would remain the same, excluding the abolition of slavery, equality of African-Americans, and the reconstruction of the United States. The Civil War would officially end in 1871, but both sides had stopped shooting at each other by early 1869. The election would be about how to best reunite and reconstruct the nation after such a disastrous conflict.

Post Civil War
Lincoln's governorship ended with the Civil War, but that was not the end of his Oregonian political plan. He was going to run for the House of Representatives in 1872 when the Republican nomination for president called his attention. The chosen candidate for President was Cassius Clay of Kentucky and Lincoln had been chosen to be the vice-president on the ticket. Lincoln accepted immediately. This would begin Lincoln's federal career.

jtbNpre.png
The Election of 1872

The Election of 1872 was a fierce one, with both sides slinging out argument after argument. Lincoln's skill in speech would become apparent when he was debating Democratic Vice-Presidential nominee Thomas A. Hendricks. In all reality, the Republicans were sure to win the election. With the Democrats loosing the American Civil War, many felt betrayed, this showing in the voting records.
With a victory in federal politics. Lincoln began work with other Republican politicians and even a few Democratic politicians like Sen. Andrew Johnson. Lincoln would practically run Reconstruction, being slightly merciful to the former Nationalist States. This mercy would not include Former Nationalist General Nathan Bedford Forrest and his Ku Klux Klan, which would be harshly put down. This earned him the nickname of "The Father of Reconstruction". Clay would win reelection in 1876 as well, with Lincoln as his VP.

Death
While Lincoln would live for many years after his terms as Vice-President, Lincoln turned down the nomination for President in the 1880 presidential election, leaving it to Indiana Governor Benjamin Harrison (Who would win the election, despite being the youngest president to do so until the 20th Century.) Lincoln would retire to his home in Salem, Oregon. Lincoln didn't do much in politics after this, despite his living for another 12 years after his retirement. He quietly died in his sleep in 1892.

Legacy
Lincoln has become a focal point of Oregonian politics, with many in the state trying to emulate his charm when running for election. There is also the University of Lincoln in Eastern Oregon that is one of the most prestigious universities in the nation. Lincoln's record on Native Americans continues to haunt Oregonian politics and national politics, creating tension.

In popular culture
Lincoln has appeared as a significant character in multiple works, mostly those around the American Civil War.
Theatre and Film
  • Lincoln appeared in the film "A Nation Divided" where he is scene as a villain in politics, causing trouble for the Nationalist Government, even sabotage.
  • Lincoln also appeared in the 2010 musical, "Lincoln: An American Musical" written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Literature
  • Lincoln appears in the Alternate History title "My Brother's Keeper" by H. N. Turtledove where Lincoln stays in Illinois and becomes Secretary of State in the election of 1860 as part of the Seward Administration during an earlier American Civil War.
  • Lincoln appears as a character in the Supernatural Senators book series where Lincoln hunts ghosts and ghouls during the Reconstruction Era.
  • Lincoln is the focal character in the alternate history novel "The Great Emancipator" by Stephen Stirling where Lincoln leads a John Brown style slave revolt against the federal government, leading to the creation of a Communist state on the North American Continent.
Video Game
  • Lincoln appears as a major character in the third game in the Terminator Order series where he appears, serving the Knights of Ra against the player character.

Last edited:
Abraham Lincoln of Oregon
VIttLg2.png
Prior to being appointed Territorial Governor of Oregon, Abraham Lincoln was a lawyer and single term Representative. He would've most likely become a local Illinois politician, if not fading into the depths of history. Instead, Lincoln accepted the offer of recently elected Zachary Taylor to become the Territorial Governor of Oregon.

Territorial Governorship
Lincoln's first governorship would be burdened by political turmoil. Lincoln still had the unfortunate nickname of "Spotty" which became attached to his term. The Democratic legislature in the territory was opposed to almost everything Lincoln tried. The capital of the territory was moved from Oregon City to Salem, something Lincoln actually endorsed in a form of bipartisanship. He would also serve as part of an Indian Commission to make deals with the Native American tribes on the western side of the Cascade Mountains to move them to the eastern side. His big achievement in office was the repel of the 1849 black exclusion law and the passing of the Oregon Anti-Slavery Act of 1853, which banned Slavery in the Oregon Territory. This would be one of the causes of the American Civil War. His term would end unceremoniously in 1853 with the election of Franklin Pierce.

Lincoln considered returning to his home of Illinois or his birth state of Kentucky, but he chose instead to stay in Oregon, returning to his lawyer roots. He served quietly for many years until the 1860 Presidential Election. He ran for the Republican nomination, but lost out to Sen. William H. Seward for the President, with former Kansas Governor Andrew H. Reeder as Vice-President. The 1860 election would be won by Gov. Sam Houston of Texas as President with Sen. Jefferson Davis of Mississippi as Vice-President, both elected under the Constitutional Union ticket. After this, Lincoln would run for the Governorship of Oregon in 1862. He would win in a close victory in a race between the Republicans, Northern Democrats, Southern Democrats, and the Constitutional Union Party.

Oregon Governorship
Lincoln would be elected governor on the eve of the American Civil War. The conflict between Pro-Slavery and Anti-Slavery would come to a head when Sen. Stephen A. Douglas would introduce the Popular Sovereignty Act of 1862 which would allow slavery to expand farther westward. It passed the House and was introduced to the Senate. This prompted some politicians in the Abolitionsit Northern states to secede from the Union. This created the Union of American States and thus began the American Civil War.

The American Civil War (1962-1971)
Surprising to most at the time, Lincoln had the Oregon Legislature declare neutrality during the early stages of the War. Some in the state wished to secede and join the UAS or create a new Pacific Republic. Oregon would remain a neutral state until the election of 1864. Pres. Sam Houston had died in 1863, leaving Jefferson Davis to the President. The election of 1864 would see Davis reelected by a wide margin, except in Oregon and California where the Republican Party overwhelmingly won. After the election, Davis would declared Martial Law in Oregon and California. In response to this, the Californian and Oregonian Legislatures seceded from the United States and joined the Union of American States. (Colloquially referred to as Nationalists for the USA, Freedomites for the UAS). As the war progressed, Lincoln remained popular in the state, raising the 1st Army of Oregon to defend the state and suppress rebels. This war also brought him into conflict with the Native Americans, who would suffer greatly by his governorship. Many tribes were placed in reservations or massacred by the Lincoln Administration. This would cause lasting damage to the relationship between the Oregonian State Government and the Native Americans. The war would last much longer than necessary due to incompetence by Nationalist Generals. The war would end with the suicide of Jefferson Davis in 1868 and the ascension of Vice-President John C. Breckenridge. The Freedomite army had already taken most of the former Nationalist territory over and thus the Treaty of Louisville would end the war and reunite the nation. Almost everything would remain the same, excluding the abolition of slavery, equality of African-Americans, and the reconstruction of the United States. The Civil War would officially end in 1871, but both sides had stopped shooting at each other by early 1869. The election would be about how to best reunite and reconstruct the nation after such a disastrous conflict.

Post Civil War
Lincoln's governorship ended with the Civil War, but that was not the end of his Oregonian political plan. He was going to run for the House of Representatives in 1872 when the Republican nomination for president called his attention. The chosen candidate for President was Cassius Clay of Kentucky and Lincoln had been chosen to be the vice-president on the ticket. Lincoln accepted immediately. This would begin Lincoln's federal career.

jtbNpre.png
The Election of 1872

The Election of 1872 was a fierce one, with both sides slinging out argument after argument. Lincoln's skill in speech would become apparent when he was debating Democratic Vice-Presidential nominee Thomas A. Hendricks. In all reality, the Republicans were sure to win the election. With the Democrats loosing the American Civil War, many felt betrayed, this showing in the voting records.
With a victory in federal politics. Lincoln began work with other Republican politicians and even a few Democratic politicians like Sen. Andrew Johnson. Lincoln would practically run Reconstruction, being slightly merciful to the former Nationalist States. This mercy would not include Former Nationalist General Nathan Bedford Forrest and his Ku Klux Klan, which would be harshly put down. This earned him the nickname of "The Father of Reconstruction". Clay would win reelection in 1876 as well, with Lincoln as his VP.

Death
While Lincoln would live for many years after his terms as Vice-President, Lincoln turned down the nomination for President in the 1880 presidential election, leaving it to Indiana Governor Benjamin Harrison (Who would win the election, despite being the youngest president to do so until the 20th Century.) Lincoln would retire to his home in Salem, Oregon. Lincoln didn't do much in politics after this, despite his living for another 12 years after his retirement. He quietly died in his sleep in 1892.

Legacy
Lincoln has become a focal point of Oregonian politics, with many in the state trying to emulate his charm when running for election. There is also the University of Lincoln in Eastern Oregon that is one of the most prestigious universities in the nation. Lincoln's record on Native Americans continues to haunt Oregonian politics and national politics, creating tension.

In popular culture
Lincoln has appeared as a significant character in multiple works, mostly those around the American Civil War.
Theatre and Film
  • Lincoln appeared in the film "A Nation Divided" where he is scene as a villain in politics, causing trouble for the Nationalist Government, even sabotage.
  • Lincoln also appeared in the 2010 musical, "Lincoln: An American Musical" written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Literature
  • Lincoln appears in the Alternate History title "My Brother's Keeper" by H. N. Turtledove where Lincoln stays in Illinois and becomes Secretary of State in the election of 1860 as part of the Seward Administration during an earlier American Civil War.
  • Lincoln appears as a character in the Supernatural Senators book series where Lincoln hunts ghosts and ghouls during the Reconstruction Era.
  • Lincoln is the focal character in the alternate history novel "The Great Emancipator" by Stephen Stirling where Lincoln leads a John Brown style slave revolt against the federal government, leading to the creation of a Communist state on the North American Continent.
Video Game
  • Lincoln appears as a major character in the third game in the Terminator Order series where he appears, serving the Knights of Ra against the player character.
One minor thing, on your section on the American Civil War, the dates you have in the title say 1962-1971. Pretty sure your mean 18, not 19. This is great though!

Status
Not open for further replies.