Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it George.

"Jericho Wolverine" sounds like they could have been a professional wrestler in some alternate wrestling association before transitioning to politics.
A more successful alt-Jesse Ventura maybe?

I don't know why, but that Upper Peninsula not being part of Charlotina or canada bother me. Is it part of another state or or a state in of itself?

A more successful alt-Jesse Ventura maybe?

I don't know why, but that Upper Peninsula not being part of Charlotina or canada bother me. Is it part of another state or or a state in of itself?

It is its own state.

They seceded. I actually have a map of all the alt-states with their names and I will add it when I am on the right device.

Linda Lingle

Linda Lingle is a Missouri politician currently serving as the 32nd Vice President of the Federated States of Dixie. Lingle is from St. Louis County, Missouri and in 1985, Lingle began her political career as a member of the Missouri House of Delegates, being elected to three, three-year terms in the chamber. In 1994, Lingle was elected as the County Executive of her native St. Louis County, and would serve one six-year term in that position. In 2000, Lingle would run in that year's gubernatorial election to replace term-limited governor Mel Carnahan (Missouri along with Arkansas and Mississippi are the only states to have a one-term limit for their governors like the presidency), but would narrowly lose to Bob Holden for the position. Because Lingle was from the more moderate end of her party, she would greatly upset many on the conservative wing of her party with her loss, and it was believed that Lingle's political career was over afterwards. However, in 2003, Lingle would run for the Dixie House of Delegate in the sixth district and would successfully primary Franc Flotron and win in the general election as well. Lingle would also serve three, three-year terms in the House of Delegates until in 2012 when she would run again for governor of Missouri.

Linda Lingle.png

In 2012, Lingle would defeat State Senator Kenny Hulshof in the National primary and would face off against a fellow member of Congress from the 7th district, Russ Carnahan of the influential Missouri Carnahan family. Lingle would easily defeat Carnahan to be elected as the first woman governor of Missouri. Carnahan would go on to serve as Secretary of State under President Webb. After her election, Lingle would become a star in the National Party among its more moderate members and would become one of the party's biggest spokeswomen in the media.

2012 Missouri Gubernatorial Election.png

At the end of her single term as governor of Missouri, many thought that Lingle would use her position to jump to the presidency, but instead she would run for the vice presidency even though it had become an expectation that being senator is a necessary qualification for VP (as the VP serves as President of the Senate). Lingle would easily defeat Congressman Phil Roe of Tennessee, her only serious challenger, for the VP nomination. As the National Party candidate, Lingle would easily move onto the second round to face Virginia Senator Tim Kaine for the vice presidency. Despite Unionist Mitch Landrieu winning the presidency, Lingle was able to defeat Kaine narrowly to become the first female VP and the first National VP elected since 1982. Lingle is currently seen as her party's best chance in the 2024 Presidential Elections though the conservative wing of the Nationals have caused much trouble for Lingle in the Senate mostly led by Tennessee Senator Marsha Blackburn and freshman West Florida Senator Matt Gaetz.

2018 Vice Presidential Election 2nd Round.png

2018 Vice-Presidential Election County Map.png

Okay so, there was this one post a few threads back that for some reason I can't find. It was about the 2020 DNC, where instead of the current chairman they elected some tankie kid with a weird name like Wolfgang or Wolfram or Ramsey or Amadeus or something to that effect. He altered the rules so all primaries happened at the same time, which meant there was a massive multicoloured delegate map full of minor candidates.
I've tried my dang hardest to find it but I'm probably not using the right words. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Okay so, there was this one post a few threads back that for some reason I can't find. It was about the 2020 DNC, where instead of the current chairman they elected some tankie kid with a weird name like Wolfgang or Wolfram or Ramsey or Amadeus or something to that effect. He altered the rules so all primaries happened at the same time, which meant there was a massive multicoloured delegate map full of minor candidates.
I've tried my dang hardest to find it but I'm probably not using the right words. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Do you remember the names of any of the minor candidates?

if they were sufficiently minor, their name might have only come up a few times in this part of the forum

1579715366142.png

1579715606959.png

The Chinese flag debate is an ongoing question of whether the Chinese flag should be changed from the "Blue Sky, White Sun and a Wholly Red Earth" design (colloquially known as the 'sun flag') that has been in place since 1928, predominantly due to the symbol of the White Sun used by the Kuomintang and preceding nationalist movements.
The most common suggestion for an alternative is the re-introduction of the "Five Races Under One Union" flag used from 1912 to 1928 (colloquially known as the 'stripe flag'), due to its connotations of racial equality and unity, though the issue is hotly debated in Chinese society.

Objections to the current Chinese flag first rose to prominence with the student protest movement of the late 1980s that ultimately played a key role in the Tienanmen Square Revolution. While not seen as as great a priority as the end of China's status as a one-party state, universal suffrage, the abolition of restrictions on freedom of speech and the free press, or the direct election of members of the National Congress, for many radicals protesting the flag was a part of the protests; at many student protests, the stripe flag could be seen waved by activists, despite the fact that displaying it was a criminal offense at the time.

As part of the reforms following the Tienanmen Square Revolution, President Xiao had the ban on display of the old flag lifted in July 1989, although the sun flag was kept in place with the Kuomintang rejecting any serious effort to change it. Replacing the sun flag was one of the policy planks of 1990 Progressive presidential candidate Liu Xiaobo, who remarked in an interview with the Western press, 'Imagine if the USA had a Democratic donkey or a Republican elephant on its flag', implying the political connotations of the sun flag.

More recently, while the political objection has remained prominent, the most significant cited reason for replacing the sun flag is because of the connections with the former authoritarian regime. Some commentators have suggested that having a multi-racial flag and ending the use of one entwined with dictatorship would be appropriate for symbolizing China has moved past authoritarianism, similar to the circumstances under which countries like South Africa and Myanmar changed their flags.

Most leadership figures in the Kuomintang, including current President Wang Yang, have been adamantly in favour of the sun flag, with Wang holding a press conference on December 29th 2018 (the 90th anniversary of the adaptation of the sun flag) during which he declared that 'the Kuomintang has always defended China's heritage, and we should not allow an integral part of that heritage to be carelessly cast aside.' By contrast, the Progressives have, since their party's relaunch in 2015, utilized the colors of the stripe flag in the characters of the party logo, and it has become common practice among Progressive supporters to fly stripe flags in lieu of sun flags. The current Progressive leader in the National Congress, Jian Jielang, has described the sun flag as 'a relic of Kuomintang oppression', and several provincial governments (most prominently ones with a sizeable non-Han population, such as Xinjiang and Inner Mongolia) have adopted flags for their provinces which have become more prominently used by residents and local government than the sun flag.

The issue of whether the flag should change has seen a very partisan split among supporters of the major parties; a poll in 1999 showed around 81% of Kuomintang members supported keeping the sun flag, and 76% of Progressive members wished to have it replaced. However, since then support for an alternate flag has been steadily rising, with this figure changing to 69% of Kuomintang members and 83% of Progressive members by 2018; the percent of supporters with dissenting views has rarely reached double digits for either party.

Among the Chinese public, opinion polls have shown a gradual rise in support for replacing the sun flag, with the most recently conducted poll (September 2019) showing 46% of those surveyed favouring the sun flag, 38% the stripe flag, and 16% who said 'don't know' or supported another flag. Among the minor parties, the Communists and Uyghur Party oppose the sun flag, the Loyalists strongly support it and the Economic Liberals are moderate on the issue, being willing to adopt a new flag if it deems it 'superior to the current design'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.