Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now time for another OTL figure i'm carrying over to my Führerreich TL

Maurice Gravel.png

From my Führerreich TL

The 2018 Icelandic parliamentary election was held on 10 June 2018 to elect all 63 members of the Althing. Despite an increase in votes and seats for leftist parties, the incumbent centre-right government under Prime Minister Vagn Blöndal was reelected

View attachment 492090
Goweegie2: I dont really make a lot of left-wing alt-hist scenarios.
Also Goweegie2: *aight imma make another left wing alt hist scenario dont mind me*
In all seriousness though, keep up the good work

Wonderful creatures of the country of death part 2
Part 1: Dropbears
upload_2019-10-5_8-55-54.png

The first words when colonists first saw a Bunyip is supposedly in order, questioning what it was, comparing it to a hippo before they noticed it was talking to a bird. They were promptly ridiculed for not noticing that obvious detail immediately. The biggest army in the world isn't much use if they're all idiots... or if a group of people channel mystical energies from a portal but that's not the Bunyip. The Bunyip is a very spiritual animal, actually a water spirit (I don't know how it is a species either I'm just looking at the mythology but then again, I didn't make it look like a starfish and chose hippo).

After all the anomalies on new holland were found, some people wondered if the British Isles were actually cursed by a weather god. Some colonists translated some things (roughly) through greek and started a church, wishing constantly British weather on enemies, less bad weather on followers and mild rain in times of drought. The strange thing is that despite the anomalies usually only being in Australia, they appear to almost always get what they wish for.
upload_2019-10-5_8-56-3.png

Last edited:
c8IyDOa.png

The Civic Democratic Party and Labor Party were the two major political parties of the mid-to-late 20th century United States. Supported by a small array of minor parties, they led a series of opposing governments from 1969 until 1990, when the two parties formed a grand coalition under Labor's Maria Holcomb Price. The duopoly fractured over the following years as the parties' bases increasingly fled to third parties, culminating in the 1998 election in which Popular Constitutional Freedom won power. The Civic Democratic Party, entering into a coalition under PCF, ultimately merged with the smaller Party of Democratic Action to form Civic Action. Labor, significantly weakened, led a short-lived minority government in 2005, but a series of electoral defeats in the following decade led to a merger with the Green Progressives in 2016, forming the Progressive Green Left.

Bonus: Labor Party logo in the 80s:

cD2kntT.png

2019 North German federal election

In October 2019, the Kingdom of North Germany elected all 544 members of the Reichstag. The Reichstag is election using Proportional Represent by state. The Rhineland Autonomous Republic could hold an election and send 105 members to Berlin, but instead to indicate their autonomy, the regional legislature sends 10 members (who are all independents) to the Reichstag.

Incumbent Chancellor Christian Wulff of the Centre Party and his government made up of a coalition of the Centre Party, the LDPN, and the 10 Rhineland independent members were defeated by the SPD led by Manuela Schwesig. Schwesig announced on October 5 that the SPD along with the Greens and the LDPN would join in a coalition to form a government with Schwesig as the chancellor.

Important issues for the election included the reviving ethnic tensions in the Balkans, the North Sea Trade and Customs Agreement, and the Bankruptcy Crisis in Silesia. Schwesig and the SPD also promised to hold a referendum for the monarchy should they form the government.

north-german-election-wiki-2-png.493014

2019-north-german-election-png.492963

Last edited:
Not for any TL I'm doing, this is just something I made for fun

The 2018 Superior gubernatorial election was held on November 6, 2018 to elect the Governor of Superior. Incumbent Governor Dan Benishek was term-limited. The result was a narrow victory for the Democratic nominee Scott Dianda, who defeated the controversial Republican nominee Tom Casperson

Superior gubernatorial election.png

Deleted member 107125

Another update from A More Perfect Union: An Alternate History of the Land of the Free. This time, it's a bit more contemporary: this is the Election of 1912, the first election following the Stock Market Crash of 1909 and now in the midst of the Great Depression, and catalyst that sparked the Second American Civil War, better known as the Falcon Uprising:

4qakisC.png
I assume that here that rights are more open for people other than white men?

Deleted member 107125

2019 North German federal election

In October 2019, the Kingdom of North Germany elected all 544 members of the Reichstag. The Reichstag is election using Proportional Represent by state. The Rhineland Autonomous Republic could hold an election and send 105 members to Berlin, but instead to indicate their autonomy, the regional legislature sends 10 members (who are all independents) to the Reichstag.

Incumbent Chancellor Christian Wulff of the Centre Party and his government made up of a coalition of the Centre Party, the LDPN, and the 10 Rhineland independent members were defeated by the SPD led by Manuela Schwesig. Schwesig announced on October 5 that the SPD along with the Greens and the LDPN would join in a coalition to form a government with Schwesig as the chancellor.

Important issues for the election included the reviving ethnic tensions in the Balkans, the North Sea Trade and Customs Agreement, and the Bankruptcy Crisis in Silesia. Schwesig and the SPD also promised to hold a referendum for the monarchy should they form the government.

north-german-election-wiki-2-png.492965

2019-north-german-election-png.492963
Who's Manuela Schleswig? She looks a lot like Mona Levisohn. Is she real?
(/s)

I assume that here that rights are more open for people other than white men?
Here's what I said before:
My timeline, A More Perfect Union, focuses on the United States basically being the best it can be and actually adhering to the ideals the Revolution put forth, namely, "all men are created equal." As such, slavery ends in the 1830s (the cotton gin is butterflied), the Civil War is fought and won over equal rights for people of all color, sex, and creed (following the Civil Rights Movement of the 1850s, led by Frederick Douglass, who later becomes president), and in the 1960s the Gay Rights Movement occurs in the midst of the counterculture movement (and other such happenings), with gay marriage being made legal across the US in the late 1960s.
This is America at the best it can be. Racism and sexism are mostly eradicated (largely due to a very successful Redemption [TTL's Reconstruction] following a far more radical Civil War), Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa have significant numbers of non-Redeemed (i.e. still racist/sexist) citizens, hence why the Democratic-Republican Party has two uber-racists on its ticket. (That's all the Dem.-Reps. are these days, a minor party focused on racism that got inflated due to rising tensions in the Election of 1912.)

Status
Not open for further replies.