Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PDS logo is brilliant!

The whole thing practically oozes authenticity, too - the only tiny issue I see is that the DSU's name is a touch awkward, but I think I see the dilemma you had there, looking for a name with the "-u" ending and having other factors in play.

Now to go show this to someone and make them question their grip on reality for a few minutes.

The PDS logo is brilliant!

The whole thing practically oozes authenticity, too - the only tiny issue I see is that the DSU's name is a touch awkward, but I think I see the dilemma you had there, looking for a name with the "-u" ending and having other factors in play.

Now to go show this to someone and make them question their grip on reality for a few minutes.

Thank you!!! The DSU actually exists though- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Social_Union_(East_Germany) I based these parties as much off real East German parties as possible (with the exception of the Labour Party, which was based off of WASG.) If you haven't before, check out the (OTL) 1990 East German election. The political landscape was shockingly similar to West Germany, which inspired me to extrapolate it into the present day.

I love those logos. What's the premise for this world? Why has East Germany embraced democracy?

Thanks! The PoD is pretty simple and recent - the Two Plus Four Agreement which led to speedy reunification of Germany in 1990 is vetoed by one of the "Four" (France, the Soviet Union, UK, and US), leaving East Germany in limbo with the government unable to fulfill its promise of rapid reunification. East Germany actually held free and fair elections in March 1990 IOTL, after pro-democratic reformists took power in the SED, which resulted in victory for a pro-reunification grand coalition of the CDU, DSU, BFD (East German FDP), and SPD. ITTL, after talks fail, the government becomes unpopular but the democracy does not. The gap between West and East widens again after an interim constitution is written and ratified, and after a few years people grow wary of reunification - the PDS becomes popular as the East German economy goes into decline along with most of the former eastern bloc. While the CDU has been in government multiple times since 1990, reunification has taken a back foot to more day to day issues troubling the country. Nonetheless it remains a key goal for both Western and Eastern politicians.

Thank you!!! The DSU actually exists though- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Social_Union_(East_Germany) I based these parties as much off real East German parties as possible (with the exception of the Labour Party, which was based off of WASG.) If you haven't before, check out the (OTL) 1990 East German election. The political landscape was shockingly similar to West Germany, which inspired me to extrapolate it into the present day.

Well, that's a bit embarrassing - I'll have to give that a look, for sure.

Now I can say that your alternate history is well-made and educational, though!

This is a cross-post from my own worldbuilding project linked in my signature. It's from the ATL wiki article List of state founders of the Affiliated States of Boreoamerica.

FDtsly4.png

fdEh0Ns.png

ouv00Xu.png

8XwH6YT.png

v1ZOoG9.png

sHs7BMX.png

tb2RANT.png

IHCcB3O.png

Q8F7iqC.png

4Hee2tx.png

hZXSNk3.png

FjsaqmV.png

AeU4WxM.png

INjHu01.png

The 2057 Serilla general election was held on 14 April 2057 to elect all 603 members of the tricameral Serillan legislature. The incumbent government of the National Progressive Party, Democratic Security Alliance, and Liberal Party, led by First Minister Goran Kitiller, was re-elected. The left-wing opposition suffered the worst losses in the election. The most significant change was the entry of the Digital People's Alliance and Friends of Androids parties into both party houses of the legislature, marking the first time that dedicated android rights groups had gained representation on a national level. The results of the election were generally interpreted as the result of greater awareness of android rights issues among humans; some academics have stated that the 2057 election marked the beginning of the Third Android Emancipation, though this is debated.

Follow-up/precursor to the Parliamentary Anti-Abuse Act 2060.

Last edited:
How would I go about taking a picture of a wikibox I created to post it on here?

If you are on Mozilla Firefox there should be an option to take a screenshot Of a node in the inspect item feature, if you inspect an infobox try to find he node that contains it, left click on it and choose take a screenshot. It may not work the first time so try again if it doesn’t.

Idk if it’s on chrome.

Decided to do another presidential infobox. I picked one of the lesser discussed election years and wondered how different things would be if I changed a couple of factors. I ended up extending the winner's vote count in the electoral college, but the margin of victory still shrank substantially when I changed a factor I think was crucial in the loser doing so poorly. The end result doesn't see a new president elected but it does make the election noticeably different. Also, bear in mind that this is all guessing on my part. Feel free to disagree with what I've made. I believe that this hypothetical will generate some interesting discussion, as I haven't seen it discussed before, and I look forward to the response it gets :)

1872 (V2).png

Happy April Fool's Day! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.