Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Alternate 2000 Australian GP Qualifying
AUST Quali.png

Based off a list by @Oppo.

1999-2000: Yevgeny Primakov (Fatherland)
2000-2004: Grigory Yavlinsky (Yabloko)
2000 def. Gennady Zyuganov (Communist), Yury Luzhkov (Fatherland), Yevgeny Primakov (Fatherland), Vladimir Zhirinovsky (Liberal Democratic), Aman Tuleyev (Communist)
2004-2012: Boris Nemstov (Unity)
2004 def. Yury Luzhkov (Patriotic Alliance), Nikolay Kharitonov (Communist), Grigory Yavlinsky (Yabloko)
2008 def. Mintiner Shamiev (Patriotic Alliance), Gennady Zyuganov (Communist), Vladimir Zhirinovsky (Liberal Democratic)

2012-2020: Sergey Glazyev (Patrotic Alliance)
2012 def. Vladimir Ryzhkov (Liberal), Gennady Zyuganov (Communist)
2016 def. Nikita Belykh (Liberal), Gennady Semigin (Communist)

2020-0000: Maria Gaidar (Liberal)
2020 def. Valentina Matviyenko (Patriotic Alliance), Leonid Kalashnikov (Communist)

8Sm2A3I.png

The 2020 Russian presidential election was held on 14 March and 2 April 2020. As no candidate won a majority in the first round on 14 March, a run-off was held between the top two candidates, Maria Gaidar of the Liberal Party and Valentina Matviyenko of the Patriotic Alliance. Incumbent President Sergei Glazyev of the Patriotic Alliance was ineligible to run for a third term under the Constitution of the Russian Federation.

The Patriotic Alliance primary was hotly contested, with no visible frontrunner until at least August 2019. Chairman of the Federation Council and former Mayor of St. Petersburg Valentina Matviyenko emerged as the unexpected frontrunner amidst a competition with archconservative political pundit Sergei Mikheyev, Governor of Belgorod Oblast Evgeniy Savchenko and Governor of Moscow Oblast Vladimir Gruzdev among others, while Governor of Kirov Oblast Maria Gaidar defeated Moscow Deputy Sergei Mitrokhin in the Liberal primary. First-round opinion polls consistently showed Maria Gaidar in first place, with Matviyenko in second and Communist Governor of Samara Oblast Leonid Kalashnikov in third.

Throughout both rounds the election was dominated by the issue of the Chechen Republic, which has been placed under an economic embargo by the Yavlinsky and Nemtsov administrations and then occupied by the Glazyev administration following 2011 terrorist attacks in St. Petersburg (inadvertently provoking a cooldown in U.S.-Russian relations). Maria Gaidar was notably the only candidate to criticize Glazyev's occupation of Chechnya, which the Matviyenko campaign team used in a number of negative ads. Maria Gaidar's social liberal views (particularly on homosexuality) and tenure in the Kirov Oblast administration were also subjected to criticism.

In turn, Maria Gaidar and her campaign team attacked Matviyenko over her controversial tenure as Mayor of St. Petersburg, alleging that Matviyenko stole millions of rubles from the city budget. A particularly troubling issue for the Matviyenko campaign was St. Petersburg's poor ecology, allegations of ties to organized crime in the city, and the illicit business of Valentina's son, Sergei Matviyenko. All these concerns which were echoed by the citizens of St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast; incidentally, opinion polls showed that voters found Matviyenko "far less charismatic" than Gaidar. Accusations of voter fraud ran abound.

In the end, Maria Gaidar won by a decisive 8.22% margin, causing Valentina Matviyenko to concede defeat. Upon taking office on 7 May, Maria Gaidar became the youngest President in Russian history at 38 years old, as well as the first female Russian President.

This was the first election in which a Liberal won Krasnodar Krai, a long-time Patriotic Alliance/Communist swing state.

P.S.: Fuck Wikipedia

Apparently they changed the way images work, so when you put in [[file:non-Wikimedia image|200x200px]] instead of [[file:Wikimedia image|200x200px]], it shows that particular link instead of an empty 200x200px square, rendering the process of editing non-Wikimedia images into an infobox impossible

Last edited:
Really awesome

Based off a list by @Oppo.

P.S.: Fuck Wikipedia

Apparently they changed the way images work, so when you put in [[file:non-Wikimedia image|200x200px]] instead of [[file:Wikimedia image|200x200px]], it shows that particular link instead of an empty 200x200px square, rendering the process of editing non-Wikimedia images into an infobox impossible

Just a tip, for pictures i personally use the "inspect element" tool of firefox/chrome, it's generally much more reliable than using wikipedia code. For plain text and links wikipedia editing is quicker though IMO.

iQe3UEo.png

Ludwig XV
was the Grand Duke of Hesse-Darmstadt, and is most well known for being a friend and associate of St Henry XII. Ludwig was born the second son of Grand Duke Ludwig XIV of Hesse-Darmstadt. His older brother, Ernst Ludwig, was killed in 1940 during the defense of Darmstadt from Axis forces. Ludwig was sent to Britain under the protection of the King-Emperor, and he became an adjutant for Henry XII. He became an experienced combat veteran following the invasion of southern England as Henry preferred to lead his forces at the front. Following the recapture of London in fall of 1943, Prussia and Hanover switched sides and Britain launched an invasion of the Continent. Ludwig was given command of the Household Guards Parachute Battalion, and lead it in the recapture of Darmstadt in the summer of 1944, and they were amongst the first Allied soldiers to enter Bavaria later in the year.

After the Great War, Ludwig was named an Under-Secretary-General of the World Congress for the Reconstruction of Europe (in 2018, the British government declassified documents that indicated that Ludwig was one of the staunchest advocates for the strategic firebombing campaign that devastated many European cities). He spent the 1950s splitting time between London and Darmstadt, and was a common sight in the Caribbean during the winter months. In 1959, he was named Henry XII's Master of the Horse, and helped shape that office into the keystone of the modern British foreign policy establishment. He remained in that office after Henry's death in 1962, and only left in 1963 when his father suffered a debilitating stroke. Ludwig would become Grand Duke of Hesse-Darmstadt in 1968 following his father's death.

Ludwig has enjoyed a positive reputation as a result of his service in the Great War and his long reign as Grand Duke of Hesse-Darmstadt. He and Austrian Emperor Maximilian were considered the "Old Men of Europe" until Ludwig's death in 2014, though he never got along with the Hapsburgs. He believed that the war had ended too soon and that the Hapsburgs had gotten off too light. As Master of the Horse, he argued for a strong British military presence on the Continent to counter creeping Austrian influence. However, his dreams would not be realised until the 1990s, and by that time, he considered it too late as southern Germany has largely fallen within the Austrian sphere. His long-term plan of creating a mutual-defense alliance in western Europe has not come to fruition, as Britain and its continental allies still rely on a series of interlocking treaties and agreements. In 2003, he was named the 13th Greatest Briton of the 20th Century despite technically not being British. He remained an important advisor to British monarchs and a common sight at the Hanging Gardens even in his old age. He died in 2014 in Sandringham House while visiting his daughter and great-grandchildren in Britain.

GPJxyZ2.png

Ludwig's second daughter is Friederike, Queen Mother of Great Britain. She is the widow of the late King-Emperor Edward XIII, who was killed in 2004 following the Black Friday bombings in London. Friederike is also currently the Chairwoman of the Imperial Harmony Council. The Council was instituted in 2003 following several scandals in which Princes or Princesses of the Blood married morganatically and/or without permission from the King-Emperor. The Council's duty is to ensure that every member of the Tudor dynasty is matched with a compatible partner. While the King-Emperor still has the de facto power to approve or veto of any proposed pairing, John II has largely delegated that power to his mother. Friederike succeeded her mother-in-law, Ulrika of Denmark, as Chairwoman in 2011, and since then, she has been responsible for pairing dozens of young princes and princesses for marriage. She wields considerable soft power within the Empire, and currently resides in a private palace in the Azores, from which she makes several trips around the world.

The Sun Never Set
Black Friday Bombings / King-Emperor John II
Friedrich Wilhelm, Crown Prince of Prussia / Congress of Atomic Powers
Most-liked shouts
Parliament of the British Empire / Counsellors of State
Landgravine Guinevere of Pusan / Margrave Mordred II of Choseon
Eugen Flegel Graf von Weiser / Empress Anna Victoria
Maria Luisa of Provence
House of Tudor-Mercia: Constantine I, Constantine II, Catherine, Joanna, Michael
The Marquess of Lynedoch
Arthur, Prince of Wales / Rudolph, King of the English
Leaders of the Congress of Atomic Powers
Tetrarchs of the Kingdom of Palestine

Excellent work, Mike. Ludwig is a fascinating figure, and as for Friederike, man. She's gonna butt a lot of heads with Charlotte in the future, even more than she already has.

I like how you can make Friederike sound like such a dignified and upstanding personality, Mike, when her job is to professional bully Charlotte into having exactly the right babies.

Deleted member 92121

@olavops How do you make these wikiboxes?
I used the 1796 election as a template. I edited the candidates info and added a third one(Pinckney), by adding his picture, party, etc(nominee3/Party3/Home_state3/etc.) I was originally just going to make the Infobox, but the idea for a story took the better of me. So I simply wrote a new summary. I then used the Screencapture tool to cut the image and voilá. Each of theses steps was met with a dozen little roadblocks, and it took me some hours to figure things out, but I think the next one will be easier now.

Continuing this idea:

Acadia was the most recent state admitted into the Union and for good reason. While Northern Maine and New Hampshire had a small French-speaking population for a long period of time, it wasn't until the 1930s when that population exploded. The Quebec troubles and French Civil War had lead to a large number of French speaking refugees migrating to the United States. As Northern Maine and New Hampshire had already been known for its French population and were close enough to Quebec that it was a hotbed for French-speaking migrants. Throughout the mid 20th century, the French language began to dominate Northern Maine and it began to feel separated from the rest of the state. Due to this, Northern Maine and a small part of New Hampshire left their original states to form the new state of Acadia. Acadia was supposed to be a French-dominated state, but issues began to emerge. The Acadian, Québécois, and 'metropolitan' versions of French were all slightly different from each other, but those slight differences began to show in the state's politics. As it turned out, what dielect of French began to matter a lot in the new state. Many Québécois French speakers began to report that they were treated worse than those who spoke Acadian or 'metropolitan' French. Acadian speakers began to argue that they often felt dominated by 'new' French speakers who they felt were 'replacing' the original language of the region. This division was also shown in the growing urban-rural divide of the United States. Acadian and Québécois speakers more often lived in rural areas, while 'metropolitan' French speakers lived in more urban areas of the state. The divide between French speakers began to show up in the state's politics, as the Acadian Amanchure, Parti Québécois, Parti Républicain, Union des Peuples, and many others were elected to the state assembly as an advocacy group for their version of French and their people, or a failed attempt at unity.

That splitting finally ended in 2009, when the leaders of the Acadian Amanchure and Parti Québécois joined to form the Parti Populaire. The other French political parties in the state quickly joined the Parti Populaire, as most were attempts at unity themselves. The unification of the French-speaking parties began due to the controversial 2008 election, where the Conservative-Unity party won 12 seats (out of 44) but due to splits with multiple French-speaking parties, that was somehow enough for a legislative plurality. The election became a massive joke inside the rest of the United States, but began a period of political chaos in the state itself. The unification of the parties lead to a French legislative majority and was largely lead by Paul LePage, the former leader of the Acadian Amanchure was chosen to lead the new party. However, the party made sure to defend Québécois people from potential discrimination, and also had plans to help cities in order to keep 'metropolitan' French speakers from splitting. The new Parti Populaire has dominated every election since, and 2018 was no different. However, one interesting thing about the election was the growth of the Liberty and Independence Party, a party dedicated to "honoring the Libertarian tradition of Acadia" while they did compete in the 2009 and 2014 elections, they did not have a seat in the state assembly until early 2015, when a Parti Populaire assemblyman split with the party and joined the Liberty and Independence party. Also in 2015, Peter Schiff, a famous millionaire and libertarian (who was actually from Connecticut but whatever) took over as party leader. Schiff basically financed the party's 2018 campaign alone, and helped lead it to a gain of 2 seats. This disrupted the Conservative-Unity party (the Acadian version of the National Conservative Party), who had basically been the token English-speaking party in the state since the 1980s. The Conservatives began to fear that their place among the opposition would be destroyed by the Liberty and Independence Party, but only time would tell if that would end up true...
dN0LQYV.png

I am aware that it should say the Conservative Unity Party had 8 seats before the election, I am very dumb

decfbmb.png

The Many, Many, Many states of the United States of America:
2018 Acadian Election

Aw yissss. (Well minus LePage but sweet writeup and wikibox) Which state you going to do next? Maine?
I was thinking of doing it alphabetically but unless I name a state Adams or something that’ll probably be Alaska, which is in a similar political situation to Acadia. I’ll probably do Oklahoma or Sequoyah next tbh

I used the 1796 election as a template. I edited the candidates info and added a third one(Pinckney), by adding his picture, party, etc(nominee3/Party3/Home_state3/etc.) I was originally just going to make the Infobox, but the idea for a story took the better of me. So I simply wrote a new summary. I then used the Screencapture tool to cut the image and voilá. Each of theses steps was met with a dozen little roadblocks, and it took me some hours to figure things out, but I think the next one will be easier now.

Anyways, this look like an interesting election.

Deleted member 92121

I like what I'm seeing here. So the US ends up with a collegial/directorial head of state a la Switzerland?
Yes, the lower house elects the senators, that in turn vote for the Consul(the executive). The three most voted form the Consulate. I do, however, state that the system got replaced in 1812 by the Hamiltonian system. What that will be only time will tell.
Anyways, this look like an interesting election.

Thanks! I kind of got hooked now. I will make at least a couuple more.

From my timeline:
thc.PNG

The Texas Hesperian Commonwealth membership referendum, also known as the HC referendum and the Texit referendum, took place on 28 February 2019 in the Republic of Texas to ask the people if they wanted the country either to remain a member of or to leave the Hesperian Commonwealth (HC) under the provisions of the Commonwealth Membership Referendum Act of 2018 and also the Elections and Referendums Act of 1997. The referendum resulted in 50.2% of voters being in favour of leaving the HC. Although legally the referendum was non-binding, the government had promised to implement the result, but the withdrawal process has yet to be initiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.