Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if having a relatively evenly-split right would lead to a sooner *Conservative party. On one hand, the fact that the Liberals fell to a minority when the Progressive Conservatives aren't devastated by a three-way split and the unpopularity of Mulroney would be a big sign that a potential merger could return the right to power sooner rather than later. On the other, with the PCs and Reform being relatively equal in terms of seats won might mean that difficulties in setting egos aside to unite the right might be worse than OTL.

Instructions unclear, Charest elected Prime Minister in 1998 under the Liberal-Progressive label.

XKqxx5Z.png

The 1964 Constitution of the Czechoslovak Republic (Ústava Československé / Československej republiky in Czech / Slovak), promulgated on 11 July 1964 as the constitutional law 100/1964 Sb., was the third constitution of Czechoslovakia, and the second of the post-WW2 era. A product of the infamous "Devil's Coalition" between the Czechoslovak Communist Party and the Gaullist Republican Party of Farmers and Peasants (RSZML), It replaced the 1948 Ninth-of-May Constitution and caused wide-ranging changes in the Czechoslovak government structure. Fedor Hodža, the RSZML leader and Prime Minister in the Devil's Coalition, was the main driving force in introducing the new constitution and inaugurating the Fourth Republic, while the text was drafted by the communist Deputy PM, Alexander Dubček.

While the Ninth-of-May-Constitution, drafted and adopted by an elected constituent assembly, was similar in many respects to the 1920 Constitution and contained a mixture of liberal democratic and Communist elements, with the latter being gradually pruned out after the events of 1948, the 1964 Constitution, which was drafted by the Government and submitted to a referendum in June, is markedly more ideological and foreign-influenced, as demonstrated by it borrowing heavily from both the 1936 Soviet and 1958 French Constitutions. This amount of foreign influence, as well as the two reforms the 1964 Constitution was designed to create, a federalist system of government and a politically strong, directly elected President, were the largest factors in the controversial nature of the document itself at the time of its adoption. However, as time went on, both reforms have become accepted as part of the Czechoslovak political consensus — For example, the strong presidency was maintained by all Presidents serving under the 1964 constitution, even those from parties initially opposed to it, such as the Social Democrats and the People's Party.

Last edited:
You know, despite my username. I haven't done any wrestling wikiboxes, so heres one! (well i guess it's more of a wikipedia article but hey why not?!)

i8jfLZN.png

xyS2ejy.png

William Henry Gates III (born October 28, 1955) is an American politician who served as the 42nd President of the United States from 1993 to 2001. Prior to the presidency, he was the Governor of Washington from 1985 to 1993, he was also the Lieutenant Governor of Washington from 1981 to 1985. He is the second president to be married while in office, John Tyler was the first.

(Yeah I know, but I'm bored..)

The dog years:
upload_2018-5-26_13-0-23.png

I just had the idea of the president as a dog. He was seen as a joke candidate but a lot of people decided that he was the best and that it would be a good candidate to rebel from the system.

Last edited:
“I have often thought that if there had been a good rap group around in those days, I might have chosen a career in music instead of politics.”

PosD87N.png

Richard Nixon was an American attorney, music producer, and record label executive. Although Nixon spent several decades as a highly successful corporate lawyer, representing such companies as IBM, Chevron, and Hewlett Packard, he is best known for his two-and-a-half decade long involvement in hip-hop music as a record producer, manager, and eventual record label owner.

Born in relative poverty in Yorba Linda, California, not far from Los Angeles, Nixon excelled in his studies and attended Whittier University before graduating from Duke University School of Law. Nixon practiced commercial law for years before joining the United States Navy during World War II.

Following his resignation from the Navy in the aftermath of American victory, Nixon pursued a career in corporate law in the Los Angeles area, becoming one of the nation’s foremost lawyers in subsequent decades. Although he repeatedly considered running for office, and was reportedly recruited for a gubernatorial bid in 1962, Nixon was content to reap the rewards of his very lucrative practice for decades, eventually choosing to largely retire from law in the late 1970s.

Nixon’s retirement coincided with the emergence of hip-hop music in New York, a city Nixon had significant ties to. While it is unclear when Nixon developed his interest in the nascent genre, it is clear that by the early 1980s Nixon had begun to play an active behind-the-scenes role in financing the early careers of several golden age hip hop artists. An accomplished amateur musician, Nixon began contributing production to releases he was involved in, initially as a “grudgingly tolerated dilettante” but by the late 80s as an increasingly respected producer in his own right. Nixon's trademark style emphasized live performance over sampling - many tracks he contributed production to include his own performances, particularly on piano.

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Nixon played a key role in the development of West Coast hip hop. Despite his well-known association with New York-area artists, Nixon was very much a proud Los Angeleno; he eventually became affiliated with the LA-based Ruthless Records as a major financial backer and management figure. In light of his advanced age and genuine enthusiasm for their music, Nixon assumed a mentor-like role for many of the West Coast’s emerging artists.

Nixon is widely seen as having played a critical role in the mediation of tensions surrounding the infamous West Coast-East Coast feud of the mid-to-late 1990s; while publicly he was an advocate for West Coast rappers (his 1996 comment that the West Coast “…is the better of the two coasts. We don’t like the East Coast…” is frequently sampled to this day), he privately used his many New York ties to soothe tensions between the two scenes. Nixon is sometimes alleged to have been involved in the still-unexplained disappearance of Death Row Records founder Suge Knight around this time.

By the late 1990s, Nixon had largely retired from production; his frustrations with unstable record companies and various legal entanglements led him to form his own independent record label, Searchlight Sound, in 1998. Searchlight subsequently became a home to a variety of both East and West Coast artists, most notably several members of the Wu-Tang Clan. Nixon summed up his approach to running a label as follows: "People have got to know whether or not their manager is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. [Searchlight artists] get everything they earn."

Nixon remained active as CEO of Searchlight until his death in 2005; leadership of the thriving label was subsequently assumed by his longtime protege Roger Stone. Nixon is a frequent reference point for generations of rappers, and his role in the genre’s history is widely praised, particularly in light of his ability to minimize violence between feuding cliques. As New York rapper and occasional Nixon collaborator the Notorious B.I.G. commented in 2005, “Only Nixon could go to New York.”

Last edited:
udbBu2H.png

Presented without comment (it's still a secret).
Ooh, I really like this! Well done on editing Jefferson's face over Bolivar, too!

My guess is that either Spain's colonies join in on the Revolutionary War or OTL USA loses the war and Jefferson flees to Venezuela and starts all over with the Spanish colonies.

“I have often thought that if there had been a good rap group around in those days, I might have chosen a career in music instead of politics.”

PosD87N.png

Richard Nixon was an American attorney, music producer, and record label executive. Although Nixon spent several decades as a highly successful corporate lawyer, representing such companies as IBM, Chevron, and Hewlett Packard, he is best known for his two-and-a-half decade long involvement in hip-hop music as a record producer, manager, and eventual record label owner.

Born in relative poverty in Yorba Linda, California, not far from Los Angeles, Nixon excelled in his studies and attended Whittier University before graduating from Duke University School of Law. Nixon practiced commercial law for years before joining the United States Navy during World War II.

Following his resignation from the Navy in the aftermath of American victory, Nixon pursued a career in corporate law in the Los Angeles area, becoming one of the nation’s foremost lawyers in subsequent decades. Although he repeatedly considered running for office, and was reportedly recruited for a gubernatorial bid in 1962, Nixon was content to reap the rewards of his very lucrative practice for decades, eventually choosing to largely retire from law in the late 1970s.

Nixon’s retirement coincided with the emergence of hip-hop music in New York, a city Nixon had significant ties to. While it is unclear when Nixon developed his interest in the nascent genre, it is clear that by the early 1980s Nixon had begun to play an active behind-the-scenes role in financing the early careers of several golden age hip hop artists. An accomplished amateur musician, Nixon began contributing production to releases he was involved in, initially as a “grudgingly tolerated dilettante” but by the late 80s as an increasingly respected producer in his own right. Nixon's trademark style emphasized live performance over sampling - many tracks he contributed production to include his own performances, particularly on piano.

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Nixon played a key role in the development of West Coast hip hop. Despite his well-known association with New York-area artists, Nixon was very much a proud Los Angeleno; he eventually became affiliated with the LA-based Ruthless Records as a major financial backer and management figure. In light of his advanced age and genuine enthusiasm for their music, Nixon assumed a mentor-like role for many of the West Coast’s emerging artists.

Nixon is widely seen as having played a critical role in the mediation of tensions surrounding the infamous West Coast-East Coast feud of the mid-to-late 1990s; while publicly he was an advocate for West Coast rappers (his 1996 comment that the West Coast “…is the better of the two coasts. We don’t like the East Coast…” is frequently sampled to this day), he privately used his many New York ties to soothe tensions between the two scenes. Nixon is sometimes alleged to have been involved in the still-unexplained disappearance of Death Row Records founder Suge Knight around this time.

By the late 1990s, Nixon had largely retired from production; his frustrations with unstable record companies and various legal entanglements led him to form his own independent record label, Searchlight Sound, in 1998. Searchlight subsequently became a home to a variety of both East and West Coast artists, most notably several members of the Wu-Tang Clan. Nixon summed up his approach to running a label as follows: "People have got to know whether or not their manager is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. [Searchlight artists] get everything they earn."

Nixon remained active as CEO of Searchlight until his death in 2005; leadership of the thriving label was subsequently assumed by his longtime protege Roger Stone. Nixon is a frequent reference point for generations of rappers, and his role in the genre’s history is widely praised, particularly in light of his ability to minimize violence between feuding cliques. As New York rapper and occasional Nixon collaborator the Notorious B.I.G. commented in 2005, “Only Nixon could go to New York.”
This is the best thing I’ve ever read here

xafcC2o.png

Joseph Patrick Kennedy Sr. (September 6, 1888 – November 18, 1969) was the 33rd President of the United States following Franklin D. Roosevelt's death in April of 1945. Kennedy was also the 34th Vice President of the United States following Henry Wallace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.