Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://imgur.com/k96w4Fd

Heathers was an American dark comedy anthology based off of the 1988 movie of the same name. After numerous failed attempts by other studios at creating a reboot of the cult classic, Paramount Studios obtained the rights from TV Land in 2017 and production began.

The series is an anthology set in the modern-day, with an entirely different cast each season. The plot generally revolves around Veronica Sawyer, a former teen outcast who has been inducted into the popular clique - comprised of three girls, beloved and loathed, all named Heather - after helping them out. She becomes romantically involved with J.D., a new student. After an incident, J.D. and Veronica end up faking the suicide of Heather Chandler. The role of Chandler in the clique is filled, and J.D. and Veronica eventually turn their heads to murder once more, with J.D. killing and framing jocks Kurt and Ram as suicidal lovers. Supporting characters include Betty Finn (Veronica’s former best friend), Martha Dunnstock (an unpopular outcast), and Peter Dawson (a new character who fulfills a variety of roles).

After Veronica aims to stop J.D.’s bloodlust by breaking up with him, J.D. decides to embark on a plan to kill or destroy the students of Westerburg High.

The initial season of the show closely mirrored the original movie, with few alterations. Later seasons change the plot, with Season Two featuring Veronica killing herself after realizing her complicity in the suicide of Heather McNamara, Season Four having J.D. convince Martha Dunnstock to poison the school’s water supply, and Season Five containing Heather Duke murdering J.D. by accident, and the Duke fulfilling the role of both clique leader and J.D.’s murderous aptitude.
The cast is also more diverse than the original - in the first season, Duke is African-America, and Martha Dunnstock is also suffering from bullying with racial undertones, as she is half-Native American. Season Three features J.D. [Jeanette Dean] and Veronica in a lesbian relationship, and in Season Seven Heather McNamara is transgender.

It received widespread critical acclaim, and due to popular demand, was extended for an additional season after the series drew to a close after the seventh season. The ‘Farewell Season’ was set in the original 1988, and featured many of the original cast in supporting roles. Winona Ryder starred as the school’s eternally oblivious principal, and Christian Slater was featured in the role of JD’s father.

(I’m new to all of this wikibox stuff, please let me know if anything violates the rules!)

upload_2018-2-21_20-27-30.png

A companion infobox to this album cover, set in my conlang (made for Columbia) to give it some more Flair.

The New Scottish synth band Eaglaisean's sophomore album was released to medium(TM) fanfare on the 25th of September, 2015. It was critically praised for its use of cutting-edge synth technology*, and did well among the Gaelic markets, though did not achieve much success in the rest of Columbia.

*keep in mind that Columbia is still stuck in the 80's or early 90's tech-wise, so CHVRCHES would be a revelation to them :p

Last edited:
View attachment 371912

A companion infobox to this album cover, set in my conlang (made for Columbia) to give it some moreFlair.

The New Scottish synth band Eaglaisean's sophomore album was released to medium(TM) fanfare on the 25th of September, 2015. It was critically praised for its use of cutting-edge synth technology*, and did well among the Gaelic markets, though did not achieve much success in the rest of Columbia.

*keep in mind that Columbia is still stuck in the 80's or early 90's tech-wise, so CHVRCHES would be a revelation to them :p
An English-based creole, right?

Most non-English words in Clombyen are from Spanish. (The Black Belt, where Clombyen is spoken, is entirely surrounded by Spanish-speaking counties)
Oh, I'm not talking about words. I'm talking about stuff like, um...

In a normal creole language, there's two elements that go in it. One of them in this case is obviously English, as it supplied the vocabulary, like how Haitian Creole has an overwhelmingly-French-derived vocabulary.

But there's another element to creoles, the other language that influenced it, like how the Fon languages influenced Haitian Creole. What was it in Clombyen's case?

Oh, I'm not talking about words. I'm talking about stuff like, um...

In a normal creole language, there's two elements that go in it. One of them in this case is obviously English, as it supplied the vocabulary, like how Haitian Creole has an overwhelmingly-French-derived vocabulary.

But there's another element to creoles, the other language that influenced it, like how the Fon languages influenced Haitian Creole. What was it in Clombyen's case?
]

....ahhh
i mean IRL the verb system was kinda volapük-inspired but honestly now that i think about it it's even less fair to call it a creole, it's just a straight-up english descendant

samcster94

Banned
View attachment 371912

A companion infobox to this album cover, set in my conlang (made for Columbia) to give it some more Flair.

Lol, I love CHVRCHES. Retroactively, I wonder how a similar band (like yours) would do with that level of tech in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.