Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I didnt know that had to happen I made one oops

It's fine, we're on the last page anyway, and now I can include a link to the next thread in this one for Strange Future People to find.

A line of British Monarchs that I did on a whim some weeks ago (continuation from my absolutist!Queen Victoria)
1592503119519.png
1592503154702.png
1592503178655.png
1592503210011.png
1592503241778.png
1592503265092.png
1592503290214.png

For future reference for people looking at the thread when it is locked, the new thread is here

Ann Richards, president of the United States (1993-2001)

In 1982, incumbent Republican Texas governor Bill Clement managed to narrowly defeat Democratic challenger Mark White by a one-point margin. Four years later Clement declined to run for a third term, allowing Tom Loeffler to win the Republican nomination. Meanwhile, Texas state treasurer Ann Richards managed to get her party's nomination for governor after narrowly beating seven other candidates. Richards ended up winning a narrow victory against Loeffler in a bad year for the Republican Party, and four years later she was re-elected in another bad year for Republicans.

1982 Texas gubernatorial election.png
1986 Texas gubernatorial election.png
1990 Texas gubernatorial election.png

In 1988, governor Richards became a nationally popular figure after delivering a very strong keynote adress at the Democratic National Convention. Her popularity solidified after winning re-election in 1990, and the next year she announced her nomination for president. However, she constantly appeared at the polls below or tied with the New York governor Mario Cuomo. It was a stroke of luck for her that Cuomo declined to run that year, allowing her to clear the path to winning the nomination after beating several opponents such as Jerry Brown, Paul Tsongas and Bill Clinton. After that, she picked Florida senator Bob Graham as VP candidate with two purposes: protect the ticket from being attacked for being un-patriotic (Graham voted in favour of the Gulf War resolution) and add federal and legislative experience. Aditionally, Florida was an essential part of the Richard's campaign strategy, which included creating a new Democratic coalition similar to the one that allowed her to win twice in Texas, in which African and Hispanic Americans and suburban women are a critical part. The strategy worked.

1992.png

Last edited:
Should Old Acquaintance be forgot,
and never thought upon;
The flames of Love extinguished,
and fully past and gone:
Is thy sweet Heart now grown so cold,
that loving Breast of thine;
That thou canst never once reflect
On old long syne.

Thank you Thread V, you were my first wikibox thread...
Off to Thread VI!

Status
Not open for further replies.