Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a wikibox I made for my TL.

wallace.png

Deleted member 92121

Bully, a Challenge!
Alternatively:
This is getting out of hand, now there’s two of them!

“The old man is doing what!?”

-Governor Roosevelt upon hearing the news. 02/03/1932

“I haven’t even begun to peak!”
-Theodore Roosevelt accepting the Progressive nomination for President. 17/07/1932

“It is inconceivable for us to allow this election to be dominated by two Roosevelts.”
- Former Governor Al Smith in the DNC. 27/07/1932

“The American people shall see Roosevelt’s radicalism and Smith’s corruption. I am certain that, come November, they shall make the right choice.”
- President Herbert Hoover. 05/09/1932

1587007976228.png

“The Fair deal shall restore the economy, secure employment, and regulate our corrupt financial system. Fair and square for America!”
- President Elect Theodore Roosevelt. 12/12/1932

1587008014147.png

“This Coalition transcends old party lines. Many republicans see the common sense in our measures, and the Progressive movement grows stronger by the minute. Even our opponents seek to emulate our policies.”
- Vice-President Wheeler speaking about the Progressive-Republican Coalition. 04/06/1934

“How can a Roosevelt understand what the common man needs? The man is so old money, he must’ve been around when they invented commerce. The “Share Our Wealth” program is the only true solution for America."
- Governor Huey Long on the campaign trail. 02/05/1936

“He thinks he can take me? Bully, I love competition!”
- President Roosevelt addressing Huey Long’s remarks. 03/05/1936

1587007997078.png

“It is becoming abundantly clear that these administration’s policies are far too radical for the Republican Party. America does not need bolshevism.”
- Senator Robert Taft addressing Progressive Party policies. 07/07/1937

“A dark shadow grows over Europe. A shadow of Fascism. I fear its ambitions outgrow those of the Kaiser. There is no greater threat to peace.”
- President Roosevelt 's "Dark Shadow" speech. 02/10/1937

"These negotiations with Britain and France are warmongering at its worst. The affairs of Europe do not concern the American people
-Senator William Borah refering to the "New Entente Treaty" signed in the aftermath of the Nazi invasion of Czechoslovakia. 09/04/1938

"Adolf Hitler is a maniacal dictator who will stop at nothing short of world domination. In accordance with our treaty with Great Britain and France, we are now at war with Germany. A short while ago I spoke with Prime Minister Atlee and President Brun, and assured them of our commitment to protect Democracy. May God bless us all."
- President Roosevelt's "Declaration of War Speech". 08/10/1939

1587008035199.png

"I cannot in good concience continue to serve my functions under an administration that puts the interests of certain European Elites over its own people. The course we're heading is un-american. I shall do everything in my power to put America First."
- Vice-President Wheeler announcing his resignation. 10/10/1939

"It seems Roosevelt, the old mummy, has taken my slogan of "Every man a King" a little bit too literally. The man wishes to become King of America. We'll, not if I have a say about it!"
- Governor Huey Long announcing his candidacy for President. 25/12/1939

"What are you doing just stanindg there? Go at the Krauts!"
-Alledged response of Roosevelt to the war maps of the Franco-German border. 05/01/1940

"You're calling me old, son? Why don't you come up here and we see who's in better 'physical condition'?"
- President Roosevelt answering a young reporter's question. 03/04/1940

1587008418149.png

"The choice of isolation and sticking one's head in the sand has been presented, and it has been correctly refused. We shall see this war to its completion."
- President Roosevelt, 10/11/1940.

"Hitler did what? Russia!?!"
- President Roosevelt's response upon hearing of Operation "Otto the Great". 07/03/1941

"If Comrade Bukharin could stop retreating for 5 minutes and actually contribute to the war effort, it would be greatly appreciated."
- President Roosevelt. 05/05/1941

"Mr. President, I am glad to inform that Rome has been succesfully liberated."
- General Douglas MacArthur. 18/09/1942

"I have reports that our men will be taking Berlin any day now. I look forward to seeing Mr. Hitler in irons."
- President Roosevelt on the Paris Conference. 02/01/1944

"The War might be over, but there's still much to be done. The Progressive Party is here to carry on with the Fair Deal."
- President Roosevelt. 03/06/1944

"Yes, I feel perfectly fine. Not a day past 70. What are you getting at!?"
- President Roosevelt answering a young reporter's question. 17/06/1944

1587009918239.png

Bully, a Challenge!
Alternatively:

-Theodore Roosevelt accepting the Progressive nomination for President. 17/07/1932

“It is inconceivable for us to allow this election to be dominated by two Roosevelts.”

“The American people shall see Roosevelt’s radicalism and Smith’s corruption. I am certain that, come November, they shall make the right choice.”

View attachment 539558

“The Fair deal shall restore the economy, secure employment, and regulate our corrupt financial system. Fair and square for America!”

View attachment 539560

“This Coalition transcends old party lines. Many republicans see the common sense in our measures, and the Progressive movement grows stronger by the minute. Even our opponents seek to emulate our policies.”
- Vice-President Wheeler speaking about the Progressive-Republican Coalition. 04/06/1934

“How can a Roosevelt understand what the common man needs? The man is so old money, he must’ve been around when they invented commerce. The “Share Our Wealth” program is the only true solution for America."

View attachment 539559

“It is becoming abundantly clear that these administration’s policies are far too radical for the Republican Party. America does not need bolshevism.”

“A dark shadow grows over Europe. A shadow of Fascism. I fear its ambitions outgrow those of the Kaiser. There is no greater threat to peace.”

"These negotiations with Britain and France are warmongering at its worst. The affairs of Europe do not concern the American people
-Senator William Borah refering to the "New Entente Treaty" signed in the aftermath of the Nazi invasion of Czechoslovakia. 09/04/1938

"Adolf Hitler is a maniacal dictator who will stop at nothing short of world domination. In accordance with our treaty with Great Britain and France, we are now at war with Germany. A short while ago I spoke with Prime Minister Atlee and President Brun, and assured them of our commitment to protect Democracy. May God bless us all."

View attachment 539561

"I cannot in good concience continue to serve my functions under an administration that puts the interests of certain European Elites over its own people. The course we're heading is un-american. I shall do everything in my power to put America First."

"It seems Roosevelt, the old mummy, has taken my slogan of "Every man a King" a little bit too literally. The man wishes to become King of America. We'll, not if I have a say about it!"

-Alledged response of Roosevelt to the war maps of the Franco-German border. 05/01/1940

"You're calling me old, son? Why don't you come up here and we see who's in better 'physical condition'?"

View attachment 539564

"The choice of isolation and sticking one's head in the sand has been presented, and it has been correctly refused. We shall see this war to its completion."

- President Roosevelt's response upon hearing of Operation "Otto the Great". 07/03/1941

"If Comrade Bukharin could stop retreating for 5 minutes and actually contribute to the war effort, it would be greatly appreciated."

"I have reports that our men will be taking Berlin any day now. I look forward to seeing Mr. Hitler in irons."

"The War might be over, but there's still much to be done. The Progressive Party is here to carry on with the Fair Deal."

View attachment 539567

This is so fucking based
Please I need more

Bully, a Challenge!
Alternatively:

View attachment 539558

View attachment 539560

View attachment 539559

View attachment 539561

View attachment 539564

View attachment 539567

Can I have more. Please?

AHE

Gone Fishin'
1587060476919.png
1587060484189.png

Wikibox for a discord-based Nationstates RP
In case you're wondering why the Coalition-governments dont have leaders, it's because they're puppets of the Coalition. They have self authority and a democratic system, but the heads of their puppet masters (South Fahnhof is puppeted by Psychidellica, Central Fahnhof by Baythorn, and Northwest Fahnhof by Baikanor)

Also, the reason the guerrilla phase was so short is that the "guerrillas" were more military remnants that avoided destruction in the Invasion phase instead of actual populist guerrillas. Only the Phoenixes held actual popular support, but they were in the vast minority. CFC was military remnants, and the Black Wolves were remnants of intelligence agencies/the secret police.

Also also, the reason the casualties are so lopsided is because Fahnhof was at a severe technological disadvantage and it's armed forces were shitty. Imagine the Gulf War, but much, much worse for the losing side.

Bully, a Challenge!
Alternatively:

View attachment 539558

View attachment 539560

View attachment 539559

View attachment 539561

View attachment 539564

View attachment 539567

E T E R N A L
P R E S I D E N T
T E D D Y

Deleted member 92121

This is so fucking based
Please I need more
Can I have more. Please?
Thanks! I'm assuming based is a good think. I'm in my mid-20's, you can't expect me to keep up with the lingo! I might make a second part next.

E T E R N A L
P R E S I D E N T
T E D D Y
The Theodorian Century

wouldn't he be like 100ish in the 40s?
In '44, Teddy would've been around 87.
Teddy was born in 1858, so by 1948 he will be 90. Still in his prime!

Great Asian War

1991D4FA-A9C6-4E52-AE13-FD7E481F7120.jpeg

The Japanese Navy had advocated for an invasion of Australia, only to be rebuffed by the Imperial Army. The prospect of conquering an entire continent, while still facing difficulty controlling China, was extremely unappealing to the IJA. Thus the strategy of strangling Australia’s (and to a lesser extent New Zealand’s) supply chain with the United States was adopted. By 1943 these lines were firmly cut, and the US focused on Europe anyway. The Navy had, amazingly, neared the end of the line. The British Pacific Possessions had been captured all the way to Christmas Island (and not the one near Australia), and proposals to capture Tahiti never got past the drawing board. So attention was once again turned towards the stubbornly resistant Australians. Their fleet had been more or less forced from the ocean, but no hint of an armistice was heard.

While Northern Australia was in range of Japanese air raids, out of New Guinea, the more populous South remained untouched, but the Navy sought to change that. What was proposed was essentially a slightly scaled down version of the proposed “Operation Z” a rejected plan to attack the American fleet in Hawaii, with the addition of attacks on civilian targets. A large force departed New Caledonia (nominally occupied in the name of the Vichy Government), and departed for Sydney. The attack was not entirely unforeseen and Sydney Harbour was not without defenses, but damage was still extensive. The largest Australian ships were sunk, and substantial damage was done to the dockyards. Civilian deaths were not as high as Imperial command had hoped, although the destruction of the Harbour Bridge was a significant physiological blow.

Ultimately the fear provoked by the raid stymied any hopes of further Australian Offensives in the war, but failed to encourage any serious talk of armistice. This, combined with the logistical hurdles of such raids meant that it was never followed up. The north would continue to bear the brunt of attacks. Still the Sydney raid had an immense impact on the Australian national psyche, and would often be brought up in the context of post-war fights and recriminations over who exactly was at fault for defeat....

BX8FWKs.png

Dudley Higginsworth Dudley was an American actor, businessman, and satirical superhero, being the manager to the "Marvel Family" (including Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr., Ms. Marvel, and himself as the fourth "Uncle Marvel") for most of the 1940's and 1950's. He licenced out their name and brand to various enterprises, including advertisements, comics, radio shows, toys, and movie serials, among others. He often appeared in advertisements as himself, wearing shoddy knock-off outfits that only loosely resembled Captain Marvel's attire. He is considered to be one of the first people to monetize the images of superheroes and achieve mass market success.

His adopted children, Billy Batson and Freddy Freeman were in fact the two Captain Marvel's. He adopted the pair in the early 1940's after he learned of their secret identities and saved their lives from the supervillain known as Black Adam. He divided the profits from his enterprises between the three of them and Mary Bromfield, the then-Ms. Marvel.

BX8FWKs.png

Dudley Higginsworth Dudley was an American actor, businessman, and satirical superhero, being the manager to the "Marvel Family" (including Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr., Ms. Marvel, and himself as the fourth "Uncle Marvel") for most of the 1940's and 1950's. He licenced out their name and brand to various enterprises, including advertisements, comics, radio shows, toys, and movie serials, among others. He often appeared in advertisements as himself, wearing shoddy knock-off outfits that only loosely resembled Captain Marvel's attire. He is considered to be one of the first people to monetize the images of superheroes and achieve mass market success.

His adopted children, Billy Batson and Freddy Freeman were in fact the two Captain Marvel's. He adopted the pair in the early 1940's after he learned of their secret identities and saved their lives from the supervillain known as Black Adam. He divided the profits from his enterprises between the three of them and Mary Bromfield, the then-Ms. Marvel.

Thinking of this, I must ask: what are the OTL analogues for Metropolis, Gotham City, Keystone City, Opal City, and Fawcett City? My first impressions are Wilmington DE, Camden NJ, Philadelphia, Annapolis, and Rochester MN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.