Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Beach

Banned

Why does King Edward look like that one meme of a crying cat?

I have too much time on my hands.

Sad_Cat_Windsor.png

vyM2vOk.png

I've returned with another Infobox, kind of a sequel to my one on Walt Disney. Why? Because I'm a Disney-obsessed madman that cannot be stopped.

Also, that last "his" at the end should say "her," but I'm too lazy to change it.

The "Spouse(s)" line is also surprising.

The "Spouse(s)" line is also surprising.
My timeline, A More Perfect Union, focuses on the United States basically being the best it can be and actually adhering to the ideals the Revolution put forth, namely, "all men are created equal." As such, slavery ends in the 1830s (the cotton gin is butterflied), the Civil War is fought and won over equal rights for people of all color, sex, and creed (following the Civil Rights Movement of the 1850s, led by Frederick Douglass, who later becomes president), and in the 1960s the Gay Rights Movement occurs in the midst of the counterculture movement (and other such happenings), with gay marriage being made legal across the US in the late 1960s. So Diane having a wife isn't as weird as one might assume.

My timeline, A More Perfect Union, focuses on the United States basically being the best it can be and actually adhering to the ideals the Revolution put forth, namely, "all men are created equal." As such, slavery ends in the 1830s (the cotton gin is butterflied), the Civil War is fought and won over equal rights for people of all color, sex, and creed (following the Civil Rights Movement of the 1850s, led by Frederick Douglass, who later becomes president), and in the 1960s the Gay Rights Movement occurs in the midst of the counterculture movement (and other such happenings), with gay marriage being made legal across the US in the late 1960s. So Diane having a wife isn't as weird as one might assume.
Blessed TL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Gene Roddenberry had a lot of weird ideas that didn't really pan out. But it wasn't all bad - the TV duology back in '99 and '01 pulled off what The Next Generation should have been, and while Pioneer wasn't good Star Trek, it was at least fun. And now there's Final Frontier.

Gene Roddenberry had a lot of weird ideas that didn't really pan out. But it wasn't all bad - the TV duology back in '99 and '01 pulled off what The Next Generation should have been, and while Pioneer wasn't good Star Trek, it was at least fun. And now there's Final Frontier.
What happened to Marvel and DC, though?

An earlier and worse version of OTL's Great Comics Crash of 1996, combined with a few high-profile labor disputes and greater competition from 3I (Independent, International, and Internet) comics.
So... what happened to the rights to the characters? Bankruptcy might have killed the comic book, but Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, and the Avengers (or the X-Men, or the FF) are some of the most iconic figures in American pop culture, period. Where'd they wind up?

So... what happened to the rights to the characters? Bankruptcy might have killed the comic book, but Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, and the Avengers (or the X-Men, or the FF) are some of the most iconic figures in American pop culture, period. Where'd they wind up?
Different characters went different places. Most major Marvel characters were snapped up (no pun intended) by their creators' new companies, or other companies run by Marvel alums, while a lot of the more minor characters were bought up in Shōnen Jump America's bid to produce its own content, or else by small indie companies. Meanwhile, Hollywood got most of the DC debris.

2018 Arkansas State Legislative Elections

In the 2018 Arkansas State Legislative Elections, the once Unionist bastion of Arkansas continued its shift toward the National Party. The state which used to be safe for the Unionists started its National trend in 2006 when John Edwards (despite winning the presidency) became the first Unionist presidential candidate to fail to carry the state in the second round against Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee. Jim Webb and Mitch Landrieu in 2012 and 2018 also failed to carry the now safe National State. Mark Pryor despite being a senator from Arkansas even narrowly failed to carry the state in his 2012 VP Election win (becoming the first VP to win the VP election w/o carrying the state).

The Nationals in 2018 widened their narrow majority in the State Senate and the PLL continued to gain ground in the state since the party first began to seriously contest Arkansas state elections since 2009. In the State House (which uses nested districts), the Nationals gained their first National majority in the chamber in over a century. Since the 2015 election the Nationals had governed with help from PLL member David Desmarais to gain a majority.

(if you're wondering of the about the popular vote disparity, the number is based off the results of the second round election where in the Senate the Nationals failed to make the second round in 2 districts to the Unionists 1. In the House, the Nationals failed to make the second round in 12 districts and the Unionists in 3.)

2-png.492322

Senate Map
2018-arkansas-senate-election-png.492324

House Map
2018-arkansas-house-elections-png.492323

Full Senate Party Map
arkansas-senate-party-png.492325

Status
Not open for further replies.